WEAPONS > Firearms

Surefire xc1

<< < (2/3) > >>

Higher Caliber:
One of the greatest, often overlooked attributes to a full sized WML (not this one) is its ability to be used as a stand off device in ECQB. Mounted to the frame, the operator can press the weapon in to a bad guy and release fury and freedom vigorously until the threat has ceased. In like circumstances without a standoff device it's often necessary to hold the weapon in battery either via support hand or indexing the back of the slide against your body. In this event you have effectively induced a malfunction. So that single shot had better count for something!

All of this being said. Hopefully you wouldn't have introduced your firearm in to the ECQB environment. The above scenario would have prevented itself had you already produced the weapon and then were ambushed or attacked by a secondary aggressor whom you had not previously identified.

We always fight the fight we are in. I would more often recommend in most scenarios introduction of an edged weapon at at ECQB. Knives only have one handle.

In any fight a weapon should not be introduced until you are at the crossroads of tactical advantage and immediate-imminent threat. I present a lot of videos in training where officer/citizens are killed or seriously injured in their attempt to present a weapon before they have controlled the immediate and imminent threat.

I just DOT'd my own thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate:
DOT on......

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Higher Caliber on March 04, 2016, 08:33:49 AM --- press the weapon into a bad guy and release fury and freedom vigorously until the threat has ceased.

--- End quote ---

I laughed.

husker77c:

--- Quote from: Higher Caliber on March 04, 2016, 08:33:49 AM ---One of the greatest, often overlooked attributes to a full sized WML (not this one) is its ability to be used as a stand off device in ECQB. Mounted to the frame, the operator can press the weapon in to a bad guy and release fury and freedom vigorously until the threat has ceased. In like circumstances without a standoff device it's often necessary to hold the weapon in battery either via support hand or indexing the back of the slide against your body. In this event you have effectively induced a malfunction. So that single shot had better count for something!

All of this being said. Hopefully you wouldn't have introduced your firearm in to the ECQB environment. The above scenario would have prevented itself had you already produced the weapon and then were ambushed or attacked by a secondary aggressor whom you had not previously identified.

We always fight the fight we are in. I would more often recommend in most scenarios introduction of an edged weapon at at ECQB. Knives only have one handle.

In any fight a weapon should not be introduced until you are at the crossroads of tactical advantage and immediate-imminent threat. I present a lot of videos in training where officer/citizens are killed or seriously injured in their attempt to present a weapon before they have controlled the immediate and imminent threat.

I just DOT'd my own thread...

--- End quote ---

I've got a TLR2 on my XDm that lives by my bed.  I've been looking at getting a smaller light that doesn't protrude so much but this never crossed my mind.  Thanks for the info.

Higher Caliber:
Glad I could be of assistance!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version