Hello Guest

Author Topic: Surefire xc1  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Surefire xc1
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
I have had my eye on these since they were debuted. It seems they are holding up to their surefire name so I popped on one today...

And of course I had to have my buddy make me a new rig

The light runs at 200 lumens momentary or constant on a single AAA battery. It really puts out a lot of light! Ergonomically it is easily operated with both your support thumb and index finger on the mid size model handguns. It weighs best to nothing and conceals perfectly as it is no wider than the slide. If anything it makes IWB concealment *more* comfortable due to the fact it spreads the pressure more evenly across a larger area of your body. MSRP is around 275 I think. I picked this one up on my good customer discount at $225! I'll follow up after first hand range experience.

Don't mind the carry lint... It keeps the dirt out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Surefire xc1
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:14 PM »
I like it!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 11:15:31 PM »
I want one of those sooo bad

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 03:17:40 AM »
Not bad. Going to eventually replace the other lights; assuming it passes the tests with it, or just the carry?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »
Carry only.

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 08:33:49 AM »
One of the greatest, often overlooked attributes to a full sized WML (not this one) is its ability to be used as a stand off device in ECQB. Mounted to the frame, the operator can press the weapon in to a bad guy and release fury and freedom vigorously until the threat has ceased. In like circumstances without a standoff device it's often necessary to hold the weapon in battery either via support hand or indexing the back of the slide against your body. In this event you have effectively induced a malfunction. So that single shot had better count for something!

All of this being said. Hopefully you wouldn't have introduced your firearm in to the ECQB environment. The above scenario would have prevented itself had you already produced the weapon and then were ambushed or attacked by a secondary aggressor whom you had not previously identified.

We always fight the fight we are in. I would more often recommend in most scenarios introduction of an edged weapon at at ECQB. Knives only have one handle.

In any fight a weapon should not be introduced until you are at the crossroads of tactical advantage and immediate-imminent threat. I present a lot of videos in training where officer/citizens are killed or seriously injured in their attempt to present a weapon before they have controlled the immediate and imminent threat.

I just DOT'd my own thread...

Molon Labe!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:16:26 AM »
DOT on......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 09:25:57 AM »
press the weapon into a bad guy and release fury and freedom vigorously until the threat has ceased.

I laughed.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 01:54:25 PM »

One of the greatest, often overlooked attributes to a full sized WML (not this one) is its ability to be used as a stand off device in ECQB. Mounted to the frame, the operator can press the weapon in to a bad guy and release fury and freedom vigorously until the threat has ceased. In like circumstances without a standoff device it's often necessary to hold the weapon in battery either via support hand or indexing the back of the slide against your body. In this event you have effectively induced a malfunction. So that single shot had better count for something!

All of this being said. Hopefully you wouldn't have introduced your firearm in to the ECQB environment. The above scenario would have prevented itself had you already produced the weapon and then were ambushed or attacked by a secondary aggressor whom you had not previously identified.

We always fight the fight we are in. I would more often recommend in most scenarios introduction of an edged weapon at at ECQB. Knives only have one handle.

In any fight a weapon should not be introduced until you are at the crossroads of tactical advantage and immediate-imminent threat. I present a lot of videos in training where officer/citizens are killed or seriously injured in their attempt to present a weapon before they have controlled the immediate and imminent threat.

I just DOT'd my own thread...

I've got a TLR2 on my XDm that lives by my bed.  I've been looking at getting a smaller light that doesn't protrude so much but this never crossed my mind.  Thanks for the info.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 04:02:02 PM »
Glad I could be of assistance!

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 10:03:13 PM »
Figured I’d give this a bump as me and Bobby were talking about it the other day. Been carrying the xc1 every day for almost two years now. I’m ashamed to say I just realized I haven’t changed the single triple A battery she runs on as a matter of preventative. (Honestly I didn’t realize it’s been this long!) secondary to that I don’t often use its light for much other than clearing my house when I know I’m the only one around coming home to a dark house! Good training!

Here’s a couple pics of light output in an ambient light zero environment...

An excellent way to gather full scene information with a WML, given that most ceilings are white, is to cast the light from the ceiling. This is also my  recommended methodology when seeking out the bumps in the night of your occupied home.

Here is the light focused on the wall-

As you can see the light beam is clear and free of hot and cold spots. For a bulb roughly a cm in diameter the technology in the beam is tremendous.

I’m pretty certain surefire will develop the first light saber available on the civilian market.

Reach demo-

Bobby was looking for a review, but I just don’t have much negative to report on this light. If I could complain for someone else, I would say it needs a better system for constant on... but as it’s designed for a CCW weapon, I can’t think of a situation where I would be doing dynamic low light room clearing with it...

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »
Figured I’d give this a bump as me and Bobby were talking about it the other day.

And after we talked about it, I remembered this thread but forgot again when I saw it's been 2 years. Oh well, good update. Still looks like a good light. Have you banged it around.. not purposely thrown it around but put it through its paces?

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 08:23:46 AM »
Well, I’d say I have banged it around more than most would. It found its way into a salt water pool at a buddy’s house... while on my person. There’s a story there.

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 07:08:32 AM »
It found its way into a salt water pool at a buddy’s house... while on my person. There’s a story there.

I'm waiting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal