Hello Guest

Author Topic: Idiot kids  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Idiot kids
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:27:01 PM »
Ok so I am kind of "that guy" in my neighborhood, as in I really don't care what my neighbors think. I get the paper in my skivvies, I do work some times until all hours of the night. I burn everything in my fire pit. I just really don't care what the neighbors think. Now that makes my wife nuts some times but I really can't see living my life to someone else's expectations.

Anywho...I am also the one that yells at kids when they are being frigging idiots. I have those little reflective fiberglass stakes to mark the edge of the lawn for the plow. Well today Nica is barking up a storm, I take a look, there's about 6 kids (12-13 yrs old or so) walking down the sidewalk. I bring Nica in and I don't know why but I just watch them. They stop near the edge of my property line and they're just talking, loomed like deciding where to go. Well one of them starts playing with one of the snowplow stakes. I keep watching...they start to leave and he just walks off with the stake. So I went out on the back steps and yell "Hey!! Want to give me my stake back?" He does immediately but I started thinking who the hell do these kids think they are? I had one trash a resin chair on the pond last year, smashed it all up, so I brought the pieces to his house and gave them to his Mom. His Mom was of course mortified and she bought me two new ones but it's just so frustrating to see these little maggots running around doing stuff without ever experiencing the back of someone's hand- literally or figuratively.

I honestly don't know which is worse- the kids who are unsocialized idiots, or the parents AND neighbors who don't correct their stupid behavior. I know one begat the other but we are raising a bunch of absolute bleep-heads for kids as a society.

Rant off. :)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Idiot kids
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
I'm with you. It's about manners and respect for others. Starts with the worthless parents. Glad the one bought you new chairs. That was he right call. You can teach them but you can't live their life so she responded the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
About those chairs, I realize the mother replaced them. Did the kids who busted em deliver them with an apology. If not there is the problem. I'm gunna tell you when I was a kid if I would have done something like that my hind end woulda been red along with my face (ashamed) as I apologized & delivered the new chairs. I would have then been paying them off for the next several months with added chores.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 01:43:53 AM »
Yeah the mother made him deliver them and he apologized profusely. I was able to talk to the mother after to say that I knew kids do stupid things some times and I didn't fault her for it but was glad it got resolved like it did. I have had other parents act like their kid is perfect and they just protect them and hide them from any consequences. Those kids end up really messed up imo. Although life has a way of taking those people down a few once they have to try to survive on their own.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:50:11 AM »
Ya know I thought I raised my kids better than I did. I have one mooching off grandma (my Mom) living in her basement. No job no desire to get one.  I get on him but then Im the A hole. Then I get from my mother Shut up you are just like your father.  (my parents are divorced) Im done with the whole situation. Im not helping him anymore. I tried. He had a good job in a ware house. Had to go through the job service so he was only making 9 bucks an hour. Everyone else was at 15. He thought he was getting screwed. We all tried to explain that's how the job service worked. Wait a month or 2 get on full time then you get 15. You have to work for it. He quit after 3 days. I offered him jobs on the farm. Nope he don't want to do it. I'm just done.

My daughter. Well ex step daughter. She don't know her real Dad. I raised her. Well she goes off to collage to be a teacher. Shes a blonde air head but sweet and a good student. She falls in love with some stoner. A big time stoner. She said he cant eat of sleep without it.  At least he has a job. She start skipping classes to be with him. Flunks out of school the first semester. Stoner dumps her. She moves home to her mother. They get in a fight and now she is living on a friends couch in a studio apartment.  She has a Job tho. She makes my fries at Mc Donalds. And that's fine. I worked at Mc D at one time. For 2 weeks. I try to give advice and all I get is I will live my life the way I want. I say back I'm giving you advice whether you want it or not because I'm Dad and I can. I still have faith in this one.

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:48:25 AM »
*Disclaimer*
This is me from the outside looking in. I have no kids yet.

My wife and I have this discussion on a daily basis it seems.  We are talking about having kids and how we will raise them.   These kids are the spawn of generation X and the participation trophy mentality that began when there parents were coming up.   They were given what they wanted due to the parents fear of being "those" parents in their circles.  Spoiled doesn't necessarily mean being bought things they want.  It also means not ever being told no and having little to no consequences when they broke rules. 

I blame the schools as well. We got into fights growing up and had all sorts of trouble but we only ever got suspended for a day or two or couldn't go to sports practice that day. That ended up being terrible punishment because you'd have to run for hours straight or do push ups and set ups until you couldn't move.  Today if your kids get into a fight you're looking at a criminal case and lawsuits.

Think it's bad now?  Wait till the kids running around now are having kids.   The kids raised on iPads as pacifiers, and liberal parents who need safe spaces and are weary of trigger words.  The McMansion crowd of The Prius and gluten free meals. 

My wife and I want to have kids not only because we love each other and want to bring another life into the world but because there is going to be a need for people to balance out the current crop of Bernie Sanders loving and America hating people that are being raised now.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 09:26:14 AM »
^^^when you get going, don't stop....turn your house into a baby factory. We need more (future) parents like you and your wife!
What I see from my generation is parents always using the "I don't want my kids to have to work as hard as me" or "suffer like we did" or something similar .
That makes my blood boil! Having a bit of a struggle makes a person stronger and allows them to appreciate the good times, and helps them to understand that with hard work comes reward (most of the time) and a feeling of accomplishment.
What happened to people wanting to be productive members of society?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Idiot kids
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 09:59:04 AM »
Amen amen amen brothers!

Preach on!

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »
Amen amen amen brothers!

Preach on!

What he said! Preach it, Brothers!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 10:49:50 AM »
so being the man that gets to deal with young folks like this on a daily basis and attempt to teach them what they have been de-prived of knowledge wise for their entire existence, I don't really agree with the title of the thread.

I may have to take a moment to respond further to this.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 11:06:35 AM »
You're probably right, Nate. More the parent's fault, which is the basic theme throughout the thread.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 11:58:56 AM »
I don't think there is a man here on this forum who I wouldn't like being a neighbor of.  All seem like level headed forward thinking men.   

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »
We have one daughter and one son. That being said, we have 8 kids. somehow, my son is a misfit magnate, probably having something to do with his difficulty making friends when we moved up to the rural community from a busy city, and his severe ADHD at the time. These kids accepted him, behavior issues and all where others wouldn't. ALL of them have deadbeat, drunk, junkie parents, or live with grand parents, or live with friends and no parents. We have spent the last 8 years raising them as we did our own as they would come to us with "school problems, homework help, dad's drunk again, mom's slapping me around, I think I might be pregnant, I'm drinking a lot and I think I might be depressed, dating problems" and on and on. We never turned them away, we scolded and disciplined them when necessary, helped with homework, fed them, gave them a safe place to stay, but made them follow rules. We have 3 that have graduated, 2 with good union jobs, one working on his own and supporting himself through landscaping and odd jobs, a few more looking to graduate this year, including our son, and sadly, one suicide. (we still feel at fault for not recognizing it sooner). There have been fights, cuss outs, years of separation where they were banned from stepping foot in our house, but last month we had them all out for dinner for Sam's 18th birthday, and it was truly heartwarming and inspiring. Every one of them could recount the many things we had done for them in the past, where they looked back and realized they were grateful that they hated us for a while, and also felt guilt at the loss of their friend. My wife works double 4-10's for the most part from home. I work full time and part time. Our kids HAVE to help out to keep the home running, and I hope that they don't have to work as hard, but I also hope they understand the value of it. Meaning I hope they make pathways for themselves, through hard work, that allow them more time with their families, and less stress. I don't think it's bad to want better lives for our children, but I do feel it's our responsibility to show them how to get there. Good for you that step in and say/do something. Maybe it's my youth, but it's hard to get enough respect for the avg teenager to not tell me to f-off let alone listen to me, but I'm not shy about calling them out on their bs either. The old adage, "it takes a village", needs to be amended to read, "it takes a village that gives a S$%@!, and if you can't find one, move."
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 12:31:32 PM »
I don't think there is a man here on this forum who I wouldn't like being a neighbor of.  All seem like level headed forward thinking men.   

le's just turn Big D's farm into a 60's era cul-de-sac and have block parties every Saturday, raise our kids in peewee football and ballet and manicure our lawns. That would make me smile.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »
You lost me at the manicure lawns part...but I'm in for the rest!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »
Don't give Big D ideas I hear there is available farm ground around him there

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 01:57:42 PM »
PNW. we get enough rain to have this green stuff, grass it's referred to in some circles.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 03:34:59 PM »
le's just turn Big D's farm into a 60's era commune and have block parties every Saturday, raise our kids in peewee football and ballet and manicure our lawns. That would make me smile.
Fixed it for ya, Tate!  ;D

I'd be down for living in a community of RMTW&S folks!
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 03:40:41 PM »
GRASS in the PNW is NOT lawn......and lawn in the Southwest is called rocks......
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »
so being the man that gets to deal with young folks like this on a daily basis and attempt to teach them what they have been de-prived of knowledge wise for their entire existence, I don't really agree with the title of the thread.

I may have to take a moment to respond further to this.

Nate I hear you. It definitely starts with the parents so it is not lost on me where they learn the behavior. That being said they presumably wouldn't go into a friends house and take something of his, or break something just for the sake of breaking it. Maybe they would I don't know. But my point is if they wouldn't do it there then they "know", at some level, right from wrong. And when they do it with that knowledge they are being "idiots". :) Not arguing with your premise at all mind you but I was p-o'ed and that was the easier title to put in the thread.  ;)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 04:22:41 PM »
It just dawned on me, Nate decided early in life to not have kids yet what has he been doing most of his adult life?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »
Nates been mentoring other peoples kids (or trying to strangle them) on a daily basis. I bet some would make great 120mm targets. :)

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 07:41:32 AM »
*Disclaimer*

Think it's bad now?  Wait till the kids running around now are having kids.   The kids raised on iPads as pacifiers, and liberal parents who need safe spaces and are weary of trigger words.  The McMansion crowd of The Prius and gluten free meals. 

My wife and I want to have kids not only because we love each other and want to bring another life into the world but because there is going to be a need for people to balance out the current crop of Bernie Sanders loving and America hating people that are being raised now.

ON the first day of preschool last year my 5 yr old came home and asked why he didn't have an I pad. All the kids asked him what games he has on his I pad. He don't know what an I pad is. Well he does now. Big sister handed hers down to him when she dropped out of collage. Old first generation. cant do much with it but whatever. He got one so hes happy.

As far as having kids these days its different. I had 4 kids with my first wife. The youngest of that bunch is 13 the oldest just turned 19. Raising my 5 and 2 year old is much different than it was not long ago when my 13 yr old was in preschool. Its going to be an experience. We don't let them watch too much tv or Play on the I pad. I got my 5 yr old into gardening. He has his own now. Play outside get fresh air. No sitting in the house. He likes to lay out in the yard and stare at the sky. I stare at him and wonder what he is wondering.

I guess the point Im trying to get to is If you want kids have them. Don't worry about anything else. Don't wait. I didn't want anymore when I got remarried. Now I wish I would have had them sooner.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Idiot kids
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 06:38:16 PM »
I picked up two step kids when I got married at 28 years old.  I knew I wanted kids in life.  I just didn't want to wait as long as I had to, 16 year old daughter and dang is she a dream of a youth.  My biggest complaint is she parks in my driveway spot.  Other then that she is a great student, self motivated, ask step dad for help when she needs it. The eight year ol boys is another story, by no means is he terrible but like others have said he was raised a good number of years completely different then I would have allowed and his dad still has lots of influence good and bad.  ( the electronics and laziness ) but I have said it before I will say it again.  Get evolved in your community guys.  Good men are hard to come buy good role models are harder.  These kids need good neighbor dudes they can come and be influenced by.   I try to help the rugrat 17 year old across the street when he needs its.   I loan him a hand with tools ( never hand out my tools unless I follow where they go now)
One of the reasons I support the local scout troop. They are always in need of good help and honestly guys I couldn't think of a better way to help our youth grow and learn. 
Being a hard nosed neighbor isn't going to help us as a people I the long run.  We need to find a way to fellowship them and then teach them how to be men.   

« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:34:20 PM by Bigdave_185 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal