Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1386141 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #18350 on: February 20, 2023, 12:53:03 PM »
Nice Jon, scouts is a wonderful thing.

Some karma; https://youtu.be/ya8qCoxu8cA
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18351 on: February 22, 2023, 07:49:20 AM »
Put the Money Pit in his new home. The building is done. Just waiting for the electrician. I strung a cord from another building to run the heater. This is the new home for the restored antique tractors kids toys and my personal vehicles. Its 70x30 drive through with an additional 30x30 tacked on.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18352 on: February 22, 2023, 08:09:59 AM »
Great space.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18353 on: February 22, 2023, 09:00:42 AM »
Wow!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18354 on: February 22, 2023, 12:50:41 PM »
Floor drain running the middle area of the floor?

Looks great

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18355 on: February 22, 2023, 08:51:37 PM »
Going to schedule a vet appointment for my mastiff tomorrow.

He attacked my bull dog tonight while he was sniffing a closed bag of dog food.
I whooped him into his kennel then he got ahold of my hand. I can’t have 145 lbs of uncontrollable dog in the home while I’m not here, especially not with the twins who like to be extra friendly as well. He can be so sweet and gentle but this is the third time he has tore into one of my other dogs.

I have a k9 puncture in the meet of my palm. He got a beating like Iv never gave before to him after I drug him out of his kennel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18356 on: February 22, 2023, 09:23:07 PM »
Going to schedule a vet appointment for my mastiff tomorrow.

He attacked my bull dog tonight while he was sniffing a closed bag of dog food.
I whooped him into his kennel then he got ahold of my hand. I can’t have 145 lbs of uncontrollable dog in the home while I’m not here, especially not with the twins who like to be extra friendly as well. He can be so sweet and gentle but this is the third time he has tore into one of my other dogs.

I have a k9 puncture in the meet of my palm. He got a beating like Iv never gave before to him after I drug him out of his kennel.

Man, beating a dog is not good
I know it is painful, and you are angry
But
At this point, Dave, I think you need to consider sending the dog to a new home. And do it thoughtfully. You know the animal bites. So with that in mind, if you can find a home with more mature people, (Speaking of the receiving couple, as in older, more understanding...No reflection on you at all) perhaps without another dog. Aside from that, I think the options go straight downhill.
Sorry that you'll have to make this decision...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 09:30:13 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18357 on: February 22, 2023, 09:24:37 PM »
TurboTax all day long. Started around 1000. Finished at 2110...11 hours and ten minutes.
I am beat!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18358 on: February 22, 2023, 09:28:00 PM »
Wow, you have some really tough choices in front of you. Beating the dog however is not one of them.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18359 on: February 22, 2023, 10:44:08 PM »
I don’t tolerate a dog biting me, say what you want. I realize it depends on the situation, I’ve had one that bit me once because it wanted to go on a truck ride and couldn’t, no joke.

I treat them like my kids but I will draw a line and I don’t tolerate biting of my family or me. I do agree you probably need to find it a good home or possibly donate it and some funds to a rescue for that breed where they can find it a good home over a period of time.

Good luck.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18360 on: February 22, 2023, 10:52:16 PM »
I have never been much of a physical punishment for animal type of person. They usually get a stern yelling to and a dose of a hour or so in the kennel. Pending a swift kick in the butt with a sideways foot.

This isn’t the first time he has gone after one of the other dogs in the home. Just the first time I was able to review it on a household camera.  100% unwarranted for the advance from the mastiff.

In his kennel he went after video replay with a swift kick in the arse going to the kennel. In the kennel I commenced the “off my foofoo” as we term it.  You yell at the pee spot, chewed up thing, or the child’s hand the dog accidentally nipped.
At this point he reached out and got my hand ( thankfully no my face ) as I was eye level with him.

My concern is if my kid were to have been sent to get the dog food bag. 

With his medical history and exorbitant antibiotics he takes I wouldn’t try to rehome him. There is too much at risk for his physical health or as you said more senior person. 
Me and grandma have bread and trained dogs most of my life. Currently she is part owner of him. I asked if she wanted to try and take him and she with regret has said no. If he is willing to bite me she wouldn’t test the waters on a correction process

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18361 on: February 23, 2023, 04:05:23 AM »
Catching up after a day trip to the Ridge.

Awesome Jon.

I stopped turbo tax years ago, it took me forever too. I just write a check now, hour and its done!

Sorry it happened Dave, but they never bite once. Plus the hand that feeds em.

Was bit once by a huge "friendly" saint, punctured my knee and ripped a lip open.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18362 on: February 23, 2023, 07:31:57 AM »
Floor drain running the middle area of the floor?

Looks great

Yep that's a floor drain. I wall have some updated pics whenever the electric gets done.

Sorry about your dog Dave. It needs a new home for sure. Maybe somewhere that he is the only dog and no kids.
 Actually, in Nebraska if you go to the Dr with a dog bite that broke the skin the Sherrif will be visiting you and removing the animal. The dog would be evaluated and in investigation done. Then most time the dog is put down. I have not had that experience personally, but I know people who have.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18363 on: February 23, 2023, 10:20:54 AM »
I had a neighbor who had a similar experience but with a cat,  owner said my cat will not be happy get a shot. Tried to Warn the vet. Vet didn’t take proper steps and got bit.  They had to keep the cat for two weeks for observation and then put it down

I have zero intention of telling the vet I got bit.  He is up to date on his shots and I have antibiotics I can take if need be. He left a deep hole but just one hole. He didn’t shake his head with my hand in his mouth.

Thank you guys.  I appreciate the support. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18364 on: February 23, 2023, 11:05:58 AM »
This Big-Dave dog bite is a good thing to openly discuss here. We can all learn from sharing of ideas.
As I hear more about this, I am able to paint a better picture of the situation.

I have no reason to believe it is anything other than what Dave has stated.

The timing of the biting event is important to note here as it seems to not have been all that provoked. That being said there is actually a danger and a hazard to family and others here.

Having done it, I can testify that putting down an animal is very painful. If you don't cry like a baby, you're not human. I am a combat vet from more engagements than I can remember, and I felt the deepest hurt of my life when I had to put Scout down. He bit my granddaughter. I had to make a decision weighing my love for him, my daily companion against the safety of others.

In the end, there is really no getting away from the reality of the situation.

I really feel for you Dave, but being the man of the house, this rests squarely on your shoulders. I think you know what you may have to do aside from some dog rescue coming to your rescue.

And, on that note, I once took in a GSD from a rescue. Great puppy, but big and powerful. He was retrained and said to be a good family dog. The first day Duane came over the dog went after him and tore his sleeve nearly off his shirt and that would have been an arm if Duane was any slower.

Dogs who have bitten people pierced that veil and crossed that red line...

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18365 on: February 23, 2023, 06:48:59 PM »
Yeah, with kids around he has to go for sure. Just not worth risk. There are just those dogs that have it in their blood, comes out without notice.

That puncture I had on my knee hurt like you know what.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18366 on: February 27, 2023, 08:46:04 AM »
JR, are you a part of all that winter snowfall in the Kalifornia? I see where LA got hit and some resort there recorded 7 feet of snowfall.

Here's hoping that does much to refill reservoirs there.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18367 on: February 27, 2023, 04:56:39 PM »
Nothing like you, but we got a coating. Foothills mostly, looks nice.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18368 on: February 27, 2023, 08:30:34 PM »
We got about ten inches last night here on the Wasatch

I played in a blower all day on a private mt road

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18369 on: February 27, 2023, 08:31:41 PM »
Another photo, I guess it didn’t like I posted two

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18370 on: March 02, 2023, 12:12:55 AM »
Man, this no notifications really sucks. Any update?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18371 on: March 02, 2023, 10:04:22 AM »
Man, this no notifications really sucks. Any update?
Yea, talked to Jeremy this morning.
He has selected one of the largest forum hosting companies in the world. He has been working with them to get the size of our forum which is currently about 14 gigs of storage and 30-40 people logged on at any given moment. That all has to do with the sizing of both the storage and the front end where you guys all play. One thing we were able to verify early on is they are 100% compatible with "A simple Machine," which is the software that generates RealMan.
His current work centers around what it's gonna take to copy over a couple hundred thousand pictures and vids. That's big. He has them working on the Tap-Talk issue. I don't want any functionality issues.

Lastly, I can do it now, but the cost is steep...as in several hundred dollars a month up to around $900 or more, just for the hosting. I also need to pay J to keep things tidy, so I'll need $1,000-$2000 a month in income to make ends meet.

I can tell you this, either I get this done and figured out, especially the income piece or the 14th of April will be our last day. I do not think that will be the case, but should I not be able to get this thing for a decent price, then find the advertising to pay for it all, then, well, I've done my best and it's been a pretty good run...

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18372 on: March 02, 2023, 03:32:07 PM »
Home since Sunday night.

Taking a break from booze for the month.
Had a great three weeks of too much food fun and R&R.

Chief, you’ll get this sorted I’m sure.
I have faith and the solution will come.

Lots going on and lots of catching up to do.
Was very nice to be unplugged for a month.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18373 on: March 02, 2023, 04:05:02 PM »
Home since Sunday night.

Taking a break from booze for the month.
Had a great three weeks of too much food fun and R&R.

Chief, you’ll get this sorted I’m sure.
I have faith and the solution will come.

Lots going on and lots of catching up to do.
Was very nice to be unplugged for a month.
Welcome back!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18374 on: March 03, 2023, 06:46:45 AM »
Got word from my oldest son that I am a grandpa again. Little boy named Huxlee. He is 26 days early. 6.2 lbs. We will be going to see them Saturday.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18375 on: March 03, 2023, 07:13:15 PM »
Lost power around 4:45 due to the storms rolling through. I don’t have any real faith in getting power back tonight. But, we’ll see.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18376 on: March 03, 2023, 10:42:06 PM »
Lost power around 4:45 due to the storms rolling through. I don’t have any real faith in getting power back tonight. But, we’ll see.
We lost power for about 2-3 minutes...But the wind is not done yet

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: March 03, 2023, 10:52:34 PM »
Sold the enclosed trailer to a Jamaican guy who wants to use it for his portable dog grooming business. He had never pulled a trailer, it was like teaching my wife to pull a trailer. He had ambition so I did what I could do to help. It was an adventure.

I also acquired Ken’s B-day present. It’s very fitting, although I’m not sure when his b-day is? Anyone know????

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: March 04, 2023, 08:52:52 AM »
Sold the enclosed trailer to a Jamaican guy who wants to use it for his portable dog grooming business. He had never pulled a trailer, it was like teaching my wife to pull a trailer. He had ambition so I did what I could do to help. It was an adventure.

I also acquired Ken’s B-day present. It’s very fitting, although I’m not sure when his b-day is? Anyone know????

30 november i believe

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=2465.msg56428#msg56428
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: March 04, 2023, 11:43:17 PM »

30 november i believe

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=2465.msg56428#msg56428

Copy, thanks Nate. Well now a bit of a predicament. I can’t wait to send it until then. It needs a new home. But it’s a celebratory type of item and Valentines is already passed. Which is probably good for Ken because if this would have shown up it’s a fair guess would have gotten jealous and used it on Ken. So I think Mother’s Day is next. That might be interesting because H might think it’s for her and still use it on ol Ken…..

On a side note, I was able to lay down some vinyl snap together flooring in the office today. So that’s definitely an upgrade.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18380 on: March 05, 2023, 05:41:21 PM »
Great Jon.

Yeah, lets all go full electric so we are in the dark ages at whim.

Hey, I got notified of updates to the Dons jeep build, but not this?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: March 07, 2023, 12:46:54 PM »
Where's the gift hippie?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: March 07, 2023, 01:00:43 PM »
Where's the gift hippie?

I've seen it
You're gonna love it!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18383 on: March 07, 2023, 03:53:13 PM »
Where's the gift hippie?

Well heck, you are alive. Had us all wondering if H didn’t roll a cankle and fall on you crushing & suffocating you.  :knucklehead:

It’s at my shop in Colorado, didn’t have time to ship it b4 I flew out first thing Monday AM.

On another note, I am now sick for first time in I think a little over 3 years and have a very mild case of covid. It started with chills about 7pm Sat, I broke the fever sometime early Sunday. Body aches, some chilling Sunday afternoon and just overall tired. Ever so slight very intermittent cough once every half hour maybe and a slight runny nose. Got home mid afternoon yesterday and wife made me take c test and it popped positive immediately.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: March 07, 2023, 06:18:51 PM »
Where's the gift hippie?

Well heck, you are alive. Had us all wondering if H didn’t roll a cankle and fall on you crushing & suffocating you.  :knucklehead:

It’s at my shop in Colorado, didn’t have time to ship it b4 I flew out first thing Monday AM.

On another note, I am now sick for first time in I think a little over 3 years and have a very mild case of covid. It started with chills about 7pm Sat, I broke the fever sometime early Sunday. Body aches, some chilling Sunday afternoon and just overall tired. Ever so slight very intermittent cough once every half hour maybe and a slight runny nose. Got home mid afternoon yesterday and wife made me take c test and it popped positive immediately.
You're healthy, you'll get over it and your body will build in the immunity you need.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: March 07, 2023, 07:35:16 PM »
Get well.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: March 07, 2023, 10:37:02 PM »
Get well

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18387 on: March 07, 2023, 10:44:24 PM »
Well my dogs must have been studying that old army field manual I have around the house. I look put the window this morning amd could see one dog sitting  looking down and just the very top pf the other dogs head was visible. He dug him self a fighting  position that is 18" inches  deep at the deep end. I think that it is a very good location

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: March 08, 2023, 02:11:03 PM »
Brand new 3/8 drive Milwaukee. Went through the feed wagon. Got left in the loader bucket and I forgot to check before I fed the cattle.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: March 08, 2023, 04:12:28 PM »
Well my dogs must have been studying that old army field manual I have around the house. I look put the window this morning amd could see one dog sitting  looking down and just the very top pf the other dogs head was visible. He dug him self a fighting  position that is 18" inches  deep at the deep end. I think that it is a very good location

Hmmm....

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18390 on: March 08, 2023, 08:38:42 PM »
Cool $250 bucks in the trash lol
That’s a bummer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: March 08, 2023, 10:03:24 PM »

Hmmm....
In all fairness that is the area of our yard that I have been  fighting  gophers for several years. I think the smelled or hearing said gopher.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: March 09, 2023, 10:18:50 AM »
100% agree!

There is another critter below the bottom of that hole somewhere.

Ask me how I know!

Moles...

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: March 09, 2023, 03:29:39 PM »
Sent to the impact to the tool dealer I bought it from. He said he thought they could put it a new case on it.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18394 on: March 09, 2023, 03:52:20 PM »
Sent to the impact to the tool dealer I bought it from. He said he thought they could put it a new case on it.

And a picture of it on the wall,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 05:15:31 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: March 09, 2023, 09:55:11 PM »
100% agree!

There is another critter below the bottom of that hole somewhere.

Ask me how I know!

Moles...

I think that anyone that has lived on some land has had those darn things. I hope they catch them soon, I'm not sure how much top soil I will need to fill that in

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: March 09, 2023, 10:06:53 PM »
To bad they don't fill the holes back up. Now that would be a dog!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: March 09, 2023, 10:32:59 PM »
We had muskrats at our farm and they’d dig up the pond banks. I had (still have) a marlin bolt action 22 mag which was a glorified truck gun w/ dented and beat up scope on it. At the prior property just outside of town it was used for dispatching feral cats. Once we moved to the farm the area to hit a swimming muskrat is much smaller. As you can only see their head above the water but if you’re good you pretty much lop their head off and sever spine at base of the head. A new scope and I quickly eliminated those nasty vermin.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: March 11, 2023, 01:22:03 PM »
Wife got a new Nissan Rouge about a month ago. Turbo 1.5 3 cyl. Has an oil leak from between the tranny and engine, at the dealer.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: March 11, 2023, 06:30:04 PM »
Wife got a new Nissan Rouge about a month ago. Turbo 1.5 3 cyl. Has an oil leak from between the tranny and engine, at the dealer.

One of my daughters drives one. Seems to be pretty economical/reliable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal