Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327941 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #650 on: June 16, 2016, 08:37:44 PM »
Here's an example of an etched bottle-
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:48:31 PM by KensAuto »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 16, 2016, 08:49:03 PM »
That is sweet!!!! ^^^
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 16, 2016, 08:58:40 PM »
Thanks for turning that bottle upright for me Ken, it was about to leak out!  LOL- silly phone does that often for some reason!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 16, 2016, 09:41:01 PM »
That is cool!
And so is what's in it too!

Oh yeah, got sidetracked by the Gentleman there.
Drove back out today.
Hasn't rained much and the road is firmer. Not better though.
Was happy to see the addition of some rock to the muck holes.

Yes it's 2", but as aweful as it is, it will help firm things up some.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 09:44:41 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 16, 2016, 11:42:56 PM »
Went to work.  Came home.  Mowed the yard.  Watching "Man on Fire" with Denzel.  Love that movie
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 17, 2016, 12:15:34 AM »
Anything with Denzel is good. That one is up towards the top tho, imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 17, 2016, 12:24:18 AM »
"death is his art, and he's about to paint his masterpiece"
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2016, 08:10:23 AM »

I agree

I like the line when someone tells him the police officer is the head of the secret organization, and the fella speaking says, "He's got lots of protection." Denzel immediately responds, "Good, he's going to need it."
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2016, 08:12:59 AM »

I agree

I like the line when someone tells him the police officer is the head of the secret organization, and the fella speaking says, "He's got lots of protection." Denzel immediately responds, "Good, he's going to need it."

Oh and, "OK fella, time for you to join the afterlife"

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
And " here, your brother wants to say something" as he blows his fingers off with the shotgun

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: June 17, 2016, 10:04:03 PM »
So I picked up the new safe from Cabelas.
Good thing I too the unnecessary stuff out.

Will be a couple weeks before install. I'm off to HH6's parents for a 50th anniversary party and an early 75th for her pops.
After these festivities off to BC for a change of command ceremony and week of shooting.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 17, 2016, 10:33:13 PM »
off to BC for a change of command ceremony and week of shooting.

Sam, did you guys ever switch from the Enfield to the C19s yet ? I read that they might allow you guys to keep the 303s?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 18, 2016, 10:56:53 AM »
We haven't made the switch yet. When I went for the trials in October they see saying 2017, and most recently they are still saying the same.
Prior to our new libtard in charge we were going to be gifted them if we could legally purchase firearms. Time will tell now with our new government.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 18, 2016, 04:54:56 PM »
We haven't made the switch yet. When I went for the trials in October they see saying 2017, and most recently they are still saying the same.
Prior to our new libtard in charge we were going to be gifted them if we could legally purchase firearms. Time will tell now with our new government.

Got ya. I thought that would be kinda cool if you would be allowed to keep it. Got some memories with them. Oh well just thought I'd ask.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 18, 2016, 07:19:53 PM »
Unloaded an oak tree for firewood that the wind and rain blew over at my parents house. Will have to get to splitting it soon. Started compounding and polishing the front cap on the RV and harvested more from the garden.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 18, 2016, 08:16:48 PM »
Today, moved some dirt at the church with the tractor, took tractor back to grampas, fertilized and limed the lawn, changed oil in the Honda generator with Mobil 1, filled up my Diesel Kleen bottles, changed the Honda push mower oil with Mobil 1 and sharpened its blades, changed the spark plug in my Stihl blower, and discovered moles already threatening my perfect lawn :/

Tomorrow, the Deere is getting its oil changed, fuel filter and air filters, greased, and blades sharpened. Duramax is getting oil changed, fuel filter, greased, and washed.

Tonight, time to head over to my buddy's birthday party.

Oh and I saw Don on the freeway

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 18, 2016, 08:18:03 PM »
Unloaded an oak tree for firewood that the wind and rain blew over at my parents house. Will have to get to splitting it soon. Started compounding and polishing the front cap on the RV and harvested more from the garden.

That is going to make for some awesome firewood. Can't even hardly find oak around here. Lucky to get an alder, mostly fir available for me to cut. Solid pickup

NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 18, 2016, 08:19:49 PM »
Wandered around a Farmers' market with my parents, then took them out for a pre-Father's day lunch at a pretty epic burger place. Then went out to the farm and looked at the new Colt and Filly that were out there. Then went back to my apt, found it to be 90+ degrees inside so I broke down and turned the AC on.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 18, 2016, 08:35:26 PM »
Sitting in AC currently, spent 8 hours in a tactical shotgun course. Lot of fun, learned a few things & am gunna be sore in the morning. The heat wasn't helpful today either......
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 18, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
I love shotgun. Moving and loading and putting rounds down range. Did you do slug drills?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 18, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »
Smoked three chickens

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 18, 2016, 09:02:58 PM »
We shot slugs, not sure what you're referring to exactly? We did load swaps etc (which is what I think you meant) & yeah it's as much a mental challenge under duress as anything. I'm used to shooting slugs btw being an Indiana deer hunter for 25 years which is what we were made to use until recently. Definitely a good time, need to practice my foot work as that was my personal biggest challenge I had when shooting & moving......
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:03:31 PM by stlaser »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 18, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »
need to practice my foot work as that was my personal biggest challenge I had when shooting & moving......

That's because most people never shoot while moving, and/or the ranges don't allow it. But you at least know where you need to improve and that is a good thing to know.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 18, 2016, 10:21:15 PM »
I wish there was ranges and courses like that here in Utah.  If there is any I haven't found them

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 18, 2016, 10:22:45 PM »
Had Scout camp the last 3 days and basketball and a fishing derby, I'm beat.

Youngest was at camp. older fished.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: June 18, 2016, 10:37:27 PM »
We shot slugs, not sure what you're referring to exactly? We did load swaps etc (which is what I think you meant) & yeah it's as much a mental challenge under duress as anything. I'm used to shooting slugs btw being an Indiana deer hunter for 25 years which is what we were made to use until recently. Definitely a good time, need to practice my foot work as that was my personal biggest challenge I had when shooting & moving......
Exactly.  When called upon, pull a slug from the side saddle, load it, rack the slide, ejecting a round to make the slug ready for the next shot.

Good times

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 18, 2016, 11:07:31 PM »
Sitting in AC currently, spent 8 hours in a tactical shotgun course. Lot of fun, learned a few things & am gunna be sore in the morning. The heat wasn't helpful today either......
We fired so many shells the other weekend out of the Mossy-930 that it got to be nearly impossible to load more shells. The clockworks inside was filthy!
I developed a course as it were.
You'd fire a table to learn the feel and function of the gun
Step two you fired 2 rounds, then reloaded three more, then continued engaging targets
Next rable involved two targets 50 feet apart, requiring about a 70 degree pivot
The next table was moving forward and engaging a single target
The next table was moving forward and having a malfunction created by my short loading the weapon or putting in a dummy round
The next table was moving and engaging multiple targets with a reload
The last was engaging targets with three rounds, with 2 seconds to fire.

after all that you went through a couple boxes. I started you out with a light game load, then as you progressed moved you up to a magnum field load, and finished with all 00 buckshot engagements

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 19, 2016, 12:10:52 AM »
I wish there was ranges and courses like that here in Utah.  If there is any I haven't found them

There are, you just have to pay the group or instructor putting on the class & sign a waver of liability. They make the deal with the gun range to operate how they want. They were discussing today a class they want to do on the moving target course firing from a moving vehicle. I'd look up John Mosby I think he was running some out your way (mainly combat rifle).

And for you Texas boys I'd check out Max Velocity's site he's now doing classes near Waco I think? & no it's not at the local twin peaks either......
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:14:12 AM by stlaser »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 19, 2016, 02:45:38 AM »
http://www.utahtacticalcoaching.com/Services.html

What do you think for prices?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 19, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
Appears to be fair prices to me- I'd be willing to pay the price for the courses described.  Of course you must provide ammunition I'm guessing-

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 19, 2016, 09:24:47 AM »
Looks spot on, I paid $175 for the shotgun course & thought it was a bit steep at the time. Today day after I'm telling you I would have paid more for that course.....

I've never attended a course where I did not provide ammo btw.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 19, 2016, 11:19:17 AM »
I not only think it would be a fun thing to come and watch but participation also.   Visually learn then follow.  I'll go check it out and see what it's all about.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY  fellas

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 19, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »
Maintenance day continued... Deere change with Mobil 1, other filters actually were fine. Greased it, and pulled the blades off. Made the determination that a new pair of blades would be a good move, and keep these for known crappy terrain.

Dmax got a new fuel filter and aluminum bleeder screw. Oil change with fresh Delvac. Greased and all other fluids checked.

Happy Father's Day men. I'll tip back this ice cold Dr Pepper in your honor

NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 19, 2016, 09:31:00 PM »
Slow Roasted myself on the Triumph on some short rides...Went to church...Went and spent some time with a D-Day Army Infantry veteran, Uncle Bob...96 years old!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 20, 2016, 07:34:55 PM »
A few of you may remember a few months back I got a mack truck with a bunch of problems. The dealer wouldn't do anything about it. Well it has nickle and dime us for long enough. Just a dang money pit.  Its currently at the Mack dealer for more problems. On the way home the boss and I did a little shopping. I do believe we have found a replacement. 07 Peterbuilt 650 Hp pre emission Cat with 18 speed. Already has a pusher and ready to go.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #685 on: June 20, 2016, 07:56:37 PM »
I want a semi for no other reasons then to block my street with the largest vehicle I can and they are just pure awesome looking!!!! Looks awesome and I am jealous

I took my truck in for a tire rotation and balance, then got a free alignment because the shop guy was being a great guy.  Not out to much. Just a little extra toe in.  And on the freeway again
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:58:00 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 20, 2016, 09:00:27 PM »
Dr appointment, good one. Cut the grass, serviced the mower, and worked on the Tac-Tor or Tac-Trac, or whatever it is.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 20, 2016, 11:22:36 PM »
I'll preface this with an I'm sorry Ken. I landed in Phoenix this morning for a leaders conference. Took a group of my team to C2 Tactical in Mesa for some simulator time. Then ran back to the hotel for reception and opening remarks and dinner. Two days of this crap non stop and then back to Houston. Good thing I got here. Some planes from Houston were re routed. Apparently not enough lift at 119 degrees.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 20, 2016, 11:32:05 PM »
Sorry I missed ya but I had the day from hell anyhow.....I wouldn't have made a very good host.
The temps also made me a bit testy!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 21, 2016, 12:38:35 AM »
Sorry I missed ya but I had the day from hell anyhow.....I wouldn't have made a very good host.
The temps also made me a bit testy!

I can understand temps being a bit nutty, and causing one to go nuts. Have been all over the country for the last four weeks and drove back to the house last night. Last fuel stop at 2315 in Phoenix I got out of the truck and thought, since when does it feel like Kuwait in Phoenix. Truck was saying 106 which is just nuts for that time. I missed a lot of the heat but apparently have showed back up just in time for lots more of it.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: June 21, 2016, 01:04:24 AM »
Got the wall cut out for the new stairs to the garage vs the ol pull down ladder.

Washed and changed all the pool filters as everything was nice irish green, so I shocked the bleep out of it. Got a nice DAD size floaty for fathers day that must be implemented!!

Took the kids to movies, Looking for Dory. Slept though the middle of it.

Bought wood for the stairs, was just a mild 97 here.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 21, 2016, 01:36:22 AM »
78 here today, much better than the 110 yesterday. We were blessed with cloud coverage & a nice steady breeze. Which allowed me to get quite a bit of framing done on my deck this morning after my workout. Ran out of deck framing material little before one then cleaned up and met with steel supplier from Peoria. Had good meeting then survived a trip to Costco, barely. Took kids to library this evening for summer reading program. Whipped up some chicken Caesar salad minus the croutons & started mentally preparing for my mother to be in town starting early am tomorrow.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 21, 2016, 07:35:24 AM »
And now im coming down with a summer cold. 3 days before we leave on vacation. It will probably clear up by then but I will have given it to the wife and kids.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 21, 2016, 05:25:31 PM »
Sharpened the blades on the mower, scrapped the underside of the mower deck, mowed the lawn, hoe'd the young trees and watered them.  Ordered Transynd and filters to service the Transmission and Fuel Filter on the Dmax after towing the trailer around the Ohio/Mississippi Valleys - Dmax has 106,000 miles on it now, so it's coming due.  Planed the edge of the gate so it'd close correctly, dealt with "bad" Bourbon, (awaiting an answer on that!) then made sure the rest wasn't going bad.....LOL!  Sippin' some now, after posting up some "distractions" for you all to look at on the interweb!  Choking on Makers for Nate now.....ROFLMAO
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 05:29:40 PM by cudakidd53 »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2016, 05:38:39 PM »
Dang, 106 on a 2012!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 21, 2016, 06:00:46 PM »
Dang, 106 on a 2012!!

Guess it's broke in now!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 21, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »
I'm at 126 and trying to put a little less on it. Runs great

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2016, 08:14:14 PM »
99566 as of parking from the drive to work
On my 2007 nbs

« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:14:49 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 21, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »
Mine just slid over the 60K mark today!

It's dusty and ruined. I'm afraid the dust totalled it, I'm sorry to report! :-((

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 22, 2016, 06:51:08 AM »
got the AC box/iPad holder almost buttoned up on the '79 scout

and bolted on a set of corbeau seats. notice the owners excitement in the background.. hahah

now that the seats are in place, construction of a suitable material console can take place. I'm afraid the cardboard just isn't going to cut it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal