Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327375 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3050 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:31 AM »
Worked on the garage and got another treehouse item done. The hardest yet was a 3/4 eyebolt about 25ft up. That is my neighbor up there.

More in the Spartan thread,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3051 on: March 25, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »
So I was unloading the truck this morning from working in Tucson the last few weeks, whilst doing this I noticed the number on my "shed" .....

The first three, sure is a great reminder!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:56:41 PM by wyorunner »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: March 25, 2017, 07:19:04 PM »
Dug and poured 4 more footings. Got one footing to go then the five tube forms and then I can start on the structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: March 25, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »
Nice work. I have 3 like that to put under my house soon for a room add on.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: March 25, 2017, 09:48:29 PM »
While cleaning the garage I kept moving a new/used vise around and said, enough of this. It was hard to use on the floor and not mounted.

I got this mount at HF awhile back for just $10. I did not plan on mounting it to the floor yet and the air compressor pallet seemed a good option for holding it down.

So I just lifted it a little, slide the base under the pallet and it was solid enough for everything but major wrenching.

The vise was a CL find, an older Wilton, "GM" brand with jaws 6in across and opens the same. It is smooth sans a little surface rust and dings. But hey, its a vise.

So a couple 1/2in bolts held it on just fine. Its a little close to the comp, but will do me for now.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: March 25, 2017, 10:05:11 PM »
Recap of last 10 days, 10 days ago wife, kids & I drove 25 hours straight thru to Eastern TN as FIL had taken ill. Still ill but on the mend we believe.

Wife flew back to CO on Monday & I drove to NE IN with girls for a preplanned help my mom post death of stepdad week (third one in last several months). Lots of meetings that all got shifted back & crammed together.

Rented a 9k# mini track hoe, dug hole 10' deep that could fit mini van. Drug crap (old lumber etc) in the mud to said hole, filled it and torched it which burnt for 2 days btw. Several loads of scrap taken in & one load to the dump.

Mediated a somewhat tense handing over of stepdads heirlooms to his two kids. Explained how things are progressing as we move forward. Plenty opinions from kids who have yet to lift a finger other than to pickup heirlooms. Re explained again how & why we are moving in directions that we are currently.

Loaded truck with a bedroom set mom was storing for us & as of 12 am CO time this morning drove 16 hours home with girls. Flipped many people off on I80 that wanted to turtle walk in the left lane. Drove in pouring down rain from IN to mid NB today. Then it cleared up & was nice and sunny to unload pickup this evening. Managed 3 S's, ate real food (chicken fajitas cooked by HH6) & am in bed writing this....... Thankful to be home safe and sound in my bed, clean with a full tummy. I'm out.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: March 26, 2017, 12:00:02 AM »
Welcome home.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: March 26, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »
That is a lot of long days and hard miles. Glad your home safe

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: March 26, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »
That's a long trip. When my grandmother died and had a bunch of stuff that cousins wanted my Dad did a pretty cool thing I thought. He put the names of all 5 in a hat....drew the names and wrote them down in order....#1 through 5, then 5,4,3,2,1...back to 1,2,3... etc. And they all picked stuff that way. I thought it was pretty fair and kept the bs to a minimum. Tough when it's kids who never did anything but extend their hands for freebies.

Glad you're home safe and sound. Sounds like a bunch of us are in that age where we're watching the generation above us get old enough to pass on. Sorry for your loss.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:39 PM »
Thanks guys, what I didn't mention was that I am fortunate enough to have lived there recently & as such know the "good guys & gals" to call for various tasks from equipment rental to surveyors to auctioneers & a realtor. Those good people make a daunting job possible & they don't get enough credit honestly.

So as most are aware my wife is medical background. Met with my recently turned 80 year old dad. He's slowing down fast, has battled sugar through diet & exercise most of his adult life. He decided about twelve years ago to not do an open heart surgery. Well, I think his time is limited. Saw him when I was back & he's started retaining water in his feet and lungs which according to HH6 points to congestive heart failure which is no surprise. Her take and unfortunately she's usually pretty close with her assumptions is he has 6-8 months at this rate. He told me he doesn't think he'll last the year & the way he operates I would not be surprised if he knows things he's not saying. So there's that I guess, him & I have had a rocky past in addition.

HH6 summed it up as this will be our 30's & 40's dealing with the loss of our parents it appears.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: March 26, 2017, 06:00:42 PM »
Took the parents and the GF out to breakfast. She picked out some aftershave for me that smells awesome. It's locally made so I'll share the site.

https://www.longriflesoap.com/

I got a bottle of this, probably my new go to.
https://www.longriflesoap.com/shaving/voyageur-aftershave/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:02:22 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: March 26, 2017, 06:13:03 PM »
Momma and I came home (mine) to Texas for an anniversary trip. Decided on the Rodeo and a trip to Billy Bobs seeing as how one of my favorite artists was playing. Aaron Watson.

God bless Texas!

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: March 26, 2017, 07:06:24 PM »
Amen brother. Amen. I'm at THE Houston rodeo tonight.  Shawn you should be proud.  Ivy Conrado from CO won $25,000 in the barrel racing in the finals without a stirrup. She lost it going around the first barrel and still finished first with a 14.29

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: March 26, 2017, 09:23:01 PM »
Cleand up the basement. Am I the only one who mops thier furnace room and wipes down the water heater? Little bit of OCD. It shows up in the weirdest places.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: March 26, 2017, 10:23:55 PM »
Ugg, just about finished with the garage. Doing the little stuff now.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: March 27, 2017, 04:27:43 AM »
Just hopping in to say hi.
We're alive and well.
I'm mentally drained, too much head on swivel...

Spent a couple days in Berlin, now a couple in Amsterdam.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: March 27, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
Had a busy interesting weekend.  Sat morning met with a good busy for breakfast before he headed to Scotland for the next 8 months with his fiancee for work.  Also congratulated him on their engagement.  Bobby if your ever looking for a breakfast joint on the north side of Oshkosh Mike's Place has some darned good food.

Saturday night the family went to our pastor's daughter's Qyinciannera?  Not sure if I'm spelling  that right.  They are originally from Texas and his wife's side of the family is Mexican.

Sunday my wife put on a grand opening party for the business she is getting started on.

Finally Sunday evening I had time to go into urgent care to have them check out the stomach pains I was having.  Finished the weekend off by getting my appendix removed.  Currently sitting in a hospital bed waiting for my wife and little girl to come pick me up.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: March 27, 2017, 11:22:27 AM »
Bear, surgery no fun. Get feeling better!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: March 27, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
Hey man, surgery sucks, but it's better than sepsis and toxic shock from a burst appendix. Glad to hear they caught it in time.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: March 27, 2017, 01:16:45 PM »
Friday evening was our 10 year anniversary party, (small group, friends and family, karaoke night, nothing fancy) and on the way home from work I had to stop to sign our tax prep paperwork. Getting into the parking lot I heard some ugly noises from my truck. Now I've been having tcase issues, but the parking lot is pretty uneven and truck makes a lot of noise anyway, so I played ostrich and parked it like nothing happened. When I came back out and went to put her in drive, it sounded like gears spinning against each other and would not engage. Driveline moves up and down about 1/4" at the output shaft brg, so I gambled and lost, 1 hr before we were supposed to meet for the party. Cursed a couple times, left it there and went out for the evening. Had a good time with the anniversary gathering and woke up early to have roadside assistance tow me to the trans shop where she currently awaits full diagnosis. Could have happened anywhere along my 45 mile commute rte, so I feel blessed it was in a Kroger parking lot that's well lit and patrolled and the manager knows me. Now I'm driving a 1990 short cab std bed manual trans z71 that my neighbor is loaning me and wondering why I don't just buy it from him...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: March 27, 2017, 03:45:33 PM »
Bobby if your ever looking for a breakfast joint on the north side of Oshkosh Mike's Place has some darned good food.

Saturday night the family went to our pastor's daughter's Qyinciannera?  Not sure if I'm spelling  that right.  They are originally from Texas and his wife's side of the family is Mexican.

I will remember that place for future use. Maybe if work cooperates and I help you with your rifle, after you recover from surgery.

Quinceanera is what you meant.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: March 27, 2017, 03:47:14 PM »
Friday evening was our 10 year anniversary party, (small group, friends and family, karaoke night, nothing fancy) and on the way home from work I had to stop to sign our tax prep paperwork. Getting into the parking lot I heard some ugly noises from my truck. Now I've been having tcase issues, but the parking lot is pretty uneven and truck makes a lot of noise anyway, so I played ostrich and parked it like nothing happened. When I came back out and went to put her in drive, it sounded like gears spinning against each other and would not engage. Driveline moves up and down about 1/4" at the output shaft brg, so I gambled and lost, 1 hr before we were supposed to meet for the party. Cursed a couple times, left it there and went out for the evening. Had a good time with the anniversary gathering and woke up early to have roadside assistance tow me to the trans shop where she currently awaits full diagnosis. Could have happened anywhere along my 45 mile commute rte, so I feel blessed it was in a Kroger parking lot that's well lit and patrolled and the manager knows me. Now I'm driving a 1990 short cab std bed manual trans z71 that my neighbor is loaning me and wondering why I don't just buy it from him...
Come on in to the old school! The water is fine!! (For now)

Molon Labe!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: March 27, 2017, 04:47:23 PM »
Come on in to the old school! The water is fine!! (For now)

man, I would love to stay there. driver's window doesn't work, steering wheel is off, wanders with the loose front end parts, no headliner or cab light, and I love it. too bad she doesn't want to sell.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: March 27, 2017, 05:24:31 PM »
Ditto Tate's comment Bear! Glad they caught it! That's scary.

Sorry....but I gotta DOT this with a Quinceanera story.....hopefully the one you went to was a little better than this one!  :grin: Back in the 80's I worked security and one of the places we had a running gig was at a Mexican bar in eastern CO....a local ordinance required security if they had live music which they did. This was a place that you did NOT want to be near a door or window when INS showed up. Lots of migrants working the fields. Yeesh. We had to frisk every guy who came in and search every woman's purse (unless we had a female guard working in which case she would frisk the women). They could check their knives at the door (we'd put their name on it with masking tape) but they had to leave guns in the car. So one Sunday there was a Quinceanera...during a regular Sunday afternoon when the bar was open (they always had live music on Sunday afternoons as well as Friday an Saturday night)...but its not like this was a private party or anything....all the guests from the Quinceanera were over in a separate section from the regular crowd....during a song a guy went up and asked a woman (who was at the Quinceanera) to dance....she said no....couple of songs later he asked her again...she said no....couple more songs he asks again. She took her long neck Bud by the neck and smashed it across his face. After his buddies took him to the ER with blood streaming down his face I guess he figured he wouldn't ask her any more. She had to leave the party too.  :rolleyes:

Now while all this is going on a guy (also not a guest) asks the girl who's Quinceanera it is to dance. She says no, but more importantly her Dad got really pissed. I guess he felt this guy was beneath his daughter or something and he had no business asking her to dance. Fortunately for him and all of us one of the patrons came up to me and said "Hey you know the Dad of the girl who's having the Quinceanera?" I said "yeah"...."well he's in the bathroom getting a gun to shoot the guy who asked his daughter to dance." I went to the bathroom just a tiny bit peaked around the corner from the sort of hall it had into the part where the stalls were and sure enough....he's being handed a pistol. I had drawn my weapon and was able to aim it around the corner while only peaking with one eye. Fortunately for all of us he put the piece on the floor and both of them put their hands on their heads. I got another guy and we cuffed them and gave them to the cops. Sheesh. Nice party.  :rolleyes: Turns out a woman (who was at the party) with cleavage about 3 miles long had brought the pistol in in her bra and she's the one who gave it to the other guy. It was on of the days we didn't have a woman working to search the women. That was a fun place. Some real wild west brawls some times....tackling people over tables etc. It was a lively place.

Sorry for the DOT.....   :undecided:

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: March 27, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
Just hopping in to say hi.
We're alive and well.
I'm mentally drained, too much head on swivel...

Spent a couple days in Berlin, now a couple in Amsterdam.
Seeing a lot of Islam encroachment evidence?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: March 27, 2017, 06:12:37 PM »
On that note Wil, we are training every week now.Teaching security stuff to church team members. We've seeing injuries from training (including me like every time) but not many confrontations. We were probed by some Musloid activists. Caught the girl who admitted that her boyfriend had told her to go in and start some trouble, then watch for what happened next.

Another time we caught two Muslim women going from door to door. They were praying to whoever they pray to...Claiming authority over the church..! Amazing that this is happening.

If things turn violent or even dangerous, people will get hurt. Christian folks are being pressured and a lot of them do not like it. I see it as a pressurizing power keg at the moment.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: March 27, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
Had a busy interesting weekend.  Sat morning met with a good busy for breakfast before he headed to Scotland for the next 8 months with his fiancee for work.  Also congratulated him on their engagement.  Bobby if your ever looking for a breakfast joint on the north side of Oshkosh Mike's Place has some darned good food.

Sunday my wife put on a grand opening party for the business she is getting started on.

Finally Sunday evening I had time to go into urgent care to have them check out the stomach pains I was having.  Finished the weekend off by getting my appendix removed.  Currently sitting in a hospital bed waiting for my wife and little girl to come pick me up.
Definition of minor surgery?  Surgery that happens to someone else.

Glad you're ok.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: March 27, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
Went to town bought a Traeger grill, made it one out of a bunch of parts. Fired it up and seasoned well. 90* on the patio, started smoking some ribs, went to draw a beer and the keg went dry. Still have a couple bottles chilled so all is well for now. :beercheers:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:06:21 PM by Bob/OlallaWa »

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: March 27, 2017, 08:04:10 PM »
I had to take my boss to the hospital this morning for a minor procedure so the morning was shot. After dinner I was going to swap ou the seat in the payloader for an air ride one out of a semi. It wouldn't fit. So I decided to do a little fine tuning on an old mower I brought home from Ohio. It needed a new belt. Napa has to order it. About the time I called it a day the sun came out so got grandpas old tractor out and filled some pot holes in the driveway. Someone wanted to ride along. Then I took the John Deere mower for a spin. I just put a new transaxle in it and need to try it out anyway. Someone wanted to ride. Then Zane wanted to ride too. Hes too big and hes been bugging me to let him drive so I set the cruise very slow and turned him loose.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: March 27, 2017, 08:26:18 PM »
Sounds good Bob but you know the drill....pics or it never happened.  :grin: (ETA- I guess my phone didn't let me see the pics for some reason?  :angry: That looks great!)

Don you should have someone tape/film what these people, get them talking,  maybe you can get a hate crime charge out of it. A-holes. Sadly the church I go to is filled with "mostly" sheep, they are the proverbial frog in the pot except their beliefs are turning the heat up on the water themselves. Fortunately there are a few of us that are paying close attention and seem to get the risk we all face from this bs. I just hope I can last in MA for three more years until the youngest goes to college then I can clear out.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:12:49 PM by Wilbur »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: March 27, 2017, 09:07:20 PM »
OK, added a couple photos just for you....

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: March 28, 2017, 01:08:37 PM »
Heading up to Oliva Minnesota to look at a used D6 cat dozer.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: March 28, 2017, 04:06:39 PM »

Auction is tomorrow. See what happens. It's definitely used but not all beat up.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: March 28, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
Careful, don may be hittin you up for info on that excavator
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: March 28, 2017, 04:47:35 PM »
What do you think it will fetch?

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: March 28, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »
Don is safe. We have an excavator already.
I looked up prices online. Similar machines with similar hours are anywhere from high 40s to mid 90s. Depending on what's been done to them. There's. Oh a whole lot of information on this one. I drove it a little bit. No weird noises. Everything seemed to work properly. I'm going to have to make some phone calls tomorrow and try to get more info. We have a lot of dozer work to be done. By the time we hire it out we could about pay for it.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:08:13 PM by Farmer Jon »

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: March 28, 2017, 10:55:44 PM »
Got some lines wet in the back yard. Baby girl caught her first fish, reeled in by her big girl self!

Molon Labe!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: March 28, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »
^^^That's a whopper!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: March 28, 2017, 11:02:31 PM »
That is sooo cool..She will always remember the day

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: March 29, 2017, 12:36:04 AM »
First fish is always a blast!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: March 29, 2017, 11:16:57 AM »
I still look at the pictures I have with both my girls and their first fish. What a great memory.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: March 29, 2017, 02:21:04 PM »
Like this from my youngest!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: March 29, 2017, 06:33:10 PM »

Auction is tomorrow. See what happens. It's definitely used but not all beat up.

This just came up for sale a couple miles from my house

2008 D6N, 7800 hours

https://outlook.live.com/owa/?realm=hotmail.com&path=/mail/inbox/rp

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: March 29, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »
Link no good.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: March 29, 2017, 07:05:48 PM »
And an insane price for a slightly newer version of Sarge:

https://www.newmantractor.com/equipment/crawler-loader/1984-case-1155d-t9565/

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: March 29, 2017, 07:08:03 PM »
Well, it does have new dentures.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: March 29, 2017, 07:10:33 PM »
Well, it does have new dentures.
I could use that bucket!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: March 29, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »
You should buy it Don and have it delivered to my farm. I need to cut a driveway up the hill. And if you have about ten to twenty dumploads of gravel that would be handy too.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:51 PM »
https://henslinauctions.proxibid.com/aspr/1999-CAT-D6R-LGP-CRAWLER-DOZER-36-TRACKS-13/35305247/LotDetail.asp?lid=35305247

Auction is tomorrow. I put in a max bid so we don't have to sit there and watch it. I also put in bids for a box trailer for storage and a step deck trailer. Low bids I will be supprised if we get them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal