Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1342936 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3900 on: July 07, 2017, 07:39:02 PM »
Gave the last of three dogs a hair cut with the electric trimmers....I do NOT want to groom dogs for hire ever!

Finished some final touches on the.308 in preparation for sighting in and started reading a book on optics and rifle shooting.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: July 07, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »
Played in the pool with the boys, was 108*.

Another getting braces, 4k
I feel your pain. My daughter got away with a retainer. My 2 youngest boys will need braces.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: July 07, 2017, 10:30:16 PM »
Today spent 6 1/2 hours on the tractor replacing a culvert.  2 eight inch pipes are not enough for the water flow when a heavy downpour happens.  Got an 18 inch pipe but had to dig 10 inches of the road base off and then come in from the side and dig a trench 20 inches deep to get the required 12 inch minimum cover on top to meet H25 rating.  Almost rolled the tractor 3 times trying to compact the drive near the edges....  make you want to actually wear that seat belt......
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: July 07, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »
Today spent 6 1/2 hours on the tractor replacing a culvert.  2 eight inch pipes are not enough for the water flow when a heavy downpour happens.  Got an 18 inch pipe but had to dig 10 inches of the road base off and then come in from the side and dig a trench 20 inches deep to get the required 12 inch minimum cover on top to meet H25 rating.  Almost rolled the tractor 3 times trying to compact the drive near the edges....  make you want to actually wear that seat belt......
Man, wish we were neighbors

Sarge would have loved to do that for ya!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: July 07, 2017, 10:55:59 PM »

That excavator would have saved me about 6 hours.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: July 08, 2017, 12:12:50 AM »
I could have done that in 5 minutes!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: July 08, 2017, 01:07:08 AM »

I feel your pain. My daughter got away with a retainer. My 2 youngest boys will need braces.

This is 3 of 3 now. Daughter didn't need em, but wife did it. Youngest has a very crowded mouth and oldest boy has a overbite and knocked out his baby front teeth when he was younger. Sucked all the MSA I had, so much for an emergency.

I have french drains around the pool and other drains for the downspouts so I am good there, all hand dug little 4 inches.

2200 here, still 96* out there, kids just got out of the pool. Now I get to watch a movie.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:08:03 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: July 08, 2017, 05:21:24 AM »
Went to bed last night at 10....got up at 1 to take the youngest to the airport (2 week Outward Bound)....just got back at 5....going to bed bc I have to be up at 730 to get ready for a funeral. Yuck.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: July 08, 2017, 12:50:36 PM »
The last pic I'll ever take of her. She's headed to Mississippi with an Air Force pilot. Thank the lord!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: July 08, 2017, 04:04:27 PM »
Jasper and I dug some taters and onions. He is 3 and was so excited every time we dug up more. Potatoes are his favorite food and I do think he knew they grow under ground. I can't describe the lok on his face when I pulled up the first shovel full. I got my daughter and other son. 7 and 15 to do some painting on the chicken coop.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: July 08, 2017, 04:19:42 PM »
Good times and good memories there Jon

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: July 08, 2017, 04:32:46 PM »
Longball, you have to fix your post, your photo from photobucket is not working because of their new policy of you have to pay to play......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: July 08, 2017, 05:32:21 PM »
Picked up a model 10 BW trailer hitch, the four inch drop I had wasn't enough for the moto trailer and the big enclosed required me to raise the jack as high as possible to than set on the trailer

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: July 08, 2017, 05:42:42 PM »
Picked up a model 10 BW trailer hitch, the four inch drop I had wasn't enough for the moto trailer and the big enclosed required me to raise the jack as high as possible to than set on the trailer

Nice hitch and nice self portrait in that shiny new ball!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: July 08, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »
I had a duck face too .  But I didn't want to just come and post a selfie

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3915 on: July 08, 2017, 06:11:53 PM »
Longball, you have to fix your post, your photo from photobucket is not working because of their new policy of you have to pay to play......
Well shucks. $400/year? Good luck with that Photobucket.

Fancy new Ram is gone. That's the important part.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:12:30 PM by longball »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 08, 2017, 06:47:56 PM »
I am seeing that photobucket pic come up all over the place. Knew there would be a catch sooner or later. Hope no one is saving their pics there.

Dave, looks like you are wearing a mask there. What did that set you back?

We are just trying to stay cool. Went to Costco to cool down, came out and in the lot it was,,,,,,,,,,,,,then it cooled to just 112 on the way home with a little breeze.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: July 08, 2017, 07:03:38 PM »
JR. Set me back $230 for the hitch.  Amazon has about the best price I have seen but I picked mine up at the place I got my trailer for a little less

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: July 08, 2017, 07:53:31 PM »
Not sure where but there's a fire here, been three birds coming to and from the local airfield. Saw this one again today....

Have several others of this bird flying over the house. Wasn't at home when we saw him today but his path was basically right over our house again.

We were at a friends unloading her flatbed, and changing implements on her tractor for her. Then we tended to our little garden area at the house.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: July 08, 2017, 07:57:32 PM »

Holy smokes...I'm in the same boat...
Dang!
And I got a lot of pics linked there too... :shocked:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: July 08, 2017, 08:08:42 PM »

Holy smokes...I'm in the same boat...
Dang!
And I got a lot of pics linked there too... :shocked:

I'd bet there's a lot of that are in this situation. Just looked at my posts, pictures are a "pay the piper" note!

I think if you have an amazon prime account they have photo hosting service, that can be used like photo bucket... not 100% certain but will be looking into it more now.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: July 08, 2017, 09:21:19 PM »
So what other sites are you guys using that isn't pay like that?
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: July 08, 2017, 09:37:35 PM »
Unfortunately I was using photobucket to store pictures. That's what I get for dragging my feet on mass storage and counting on someone else instead of being self sufficient. Hopefully they change their policy and at least let people save their own pictures. Gosh I hate saying that. Hoping someone else lets me use my own property....

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: July 08, 2017, 10:01:21 PM »
Wyo, you're in Sierra Vista right? There's a pretty big fire on the southern end of the Chiricahuas, by Elfrida. It's been going for a couple weeks now.

Longball, 400 bucks a year? wth 
Sam, I use Imgur, per recommendation by one of the senior staff members. I think it's 10 bucks a year iirc. When I was helping Don transfer pics from DF, they were sent to imgur first....just hope I don't forget to pay the dues!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 10:03:28 PM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: July 08, 2017, 10:36:49 PM »
Today was a day of mostly rest. Parents came up and spent the night at the weekend place. Grilled fajitas last night and made big breakfast this morning.  Got up at 5 and drank coffee with my dad before everyone else got up. After they left I took a nap (????? Hadn't done that in a long long time). Went out and worked on the casita for a while in the sweltering heat and then with only a 15% chance of rain we got a toad choker for about 1 1/2 hours my new drainage was spot on. Unfortunately because a lot of the ground was freshly worked it eroded severely.  I had hoped to get end walls on the culvert and another 54 tons of road base brought in before the next big rain.....not so much. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: July 08, 2017, 11:10:50 PM »
Not sure where but there's a fire here, been three birds coming to and from the local airfield. Saw this one again today....

Have several others of this bird flying over the house. Wasn't at home when we saw him today but his path was basically right over our house again.

We were at a friends unloading her flatbed, and changing implements on her tractor for her. Then we tended to our little garden area at the house.
That's that Columbia Helicopters Chinook again. That thing is getting used quite a bit

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: July 08, 2017, 11:32:48 PM »
Wyo, you're in Sierra Vista right? There's a pretty big fire on the southern end of the Chiricahuas, by Elfrida. It's been going for a couple weeks now.

Longball, 400 bucks a year? wth 
Sam, I use Imgur, per recommendation by one of the senior staff members. I think it's 10 bucks a year iirc. When I was helping Don transfer pics from DF, they were sent to imgur first....just hope I don't forget to pay the dues!

Ken,

We are. Didn't know it was that far south. All these birds are headed north. Through the grape vine from Wyoming and back, my brother said up near thatcher and morenci was burning up. So this would explain the constant smoke in the valley.  It sure has been dry down here.

Where do you get your fire info? I get old info on fires past burned but have a hard time finding current fires. Wife saw a little something via Cochise county sheriff on facebook, but that was a few weeks ago.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: July 08, 2017, 11:36:47 PM »
I have used PB but only when required. Everything is on my PC and backed up with carbonite.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: July 08, 2017, 11:45:40 PM »
I've got backups of all my important photos.  Kind of a pain that al most all the photos I've posted will no longer show up so used pb for most all of them. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: July 09, 2017, 12:11:02 AM »
Heck, our whole state is going to burn... that's what we get for having a wet winter... I'll look up the site I've been using. I think mt Graham has a decent fire going, along with the one on Mt lemon and a dozen more. Ugh

Here's the site. Lots of info. Scroll down to Maps, then click Large fires in the southwest.

http://wildlandfire.az.gov/links.asp

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:23:21 AM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3930 on: July 09, 2017, 02:24:08 AM »
Thanks Ken.

As far as photobucket and our out of luck with them. Here is some information;

it is indeed 400 a year for 3rd party hosting.
you can pay 100 a year for unlimited linking but no hosting.
photos are still accessible and downloadable (remove them now before they change this).

Carbonite is a solid back up but it doesn't seem they offer a third party hosting option, which isn't surprising, their aim is towards protecting data away from a house fire type situation.

Imgur is an option, with a caveat, their front page can have some crude images on it. https://imgur.com/
Smugmug is another storage and hosting option, this one is not free 48-300/year, https://www.smugmug.com/memory-makers
Flickr is yet another one, that is still free. https://www.flickr.com/

These are the big three that will most likely be inundated. Im going to guess that Amazons photo storage service will soon be a hosting platform as well, currently it is primarily another online storage option, but does have some sharing features.

Photobucket info links

http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/
http://photobucket.com/pricing

Please feel free to move this anyone, if you think it should be elsewhere.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: July 09, 2017, 11:13:11 AM »
A family friend won tickets to see Queen with Adam Lambert. Her Husband didn't want to go so she asked my wife to go. Jen don't really like queen so I ended up taking her. I was pretty skeptical. I thought Adam Lambert would suck. And I'm not really a huge Queen fan anyway but I went and it was pretty awesome.  Hes no Freddy Mercury and he admitted that on stage but he did pretty darn good.

I have to take the wife out today for our anniversary. It was July 2nd but we were on vacation and just didn't have a chance to get away on our own.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: July 09, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
Happy belated Anniversary there Jon!  Hope you and your wife enjoy your time together and many more years of happiness together.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: July 09, 2017, 12:56:12 PM »
Happy anniversary, mine was the 23rd.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: July 09, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
Doing some odds and ends I haven't been able to do the past few days. Pulling gear out for my fishing trip to Maine next week (5 days).

Was doing some looking for cheap Mountain House preps and see that Overstock.com has a lot and seems pretty cheap. Just figured I would pass that along for anyone interested.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: July 09, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »
Have you tried the other brands? Used MH camping and it was good.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: July 09, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
Jr your anniversary was the 23rd ?so was mine.

Today I drilled for brackets and epoxied the bolts for attaching the structure to the piers

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: July 09, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »

I havent....I've only had MH and it is not bad so I stick with that. Don't have what I want to be "complete" bUT always looking to add some.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3938 on: July 09, 2017, 07:41:58 PM »

I havent....I've only had MH and it is not bad so I stick with that. Don't have what I want to be "complete" bUT always looking to add some.

Wilbur and JR, I have had, and currently have several brands, MH, Wise, foodforhealthinternational.com, Thrive Life, and the costco cheap large bucket (dont currently have this, but have ate it).

The price at overstock is about normal, possibly even high. To give you an idea, https://www.overstock.com/Emergency-Preparedness/Mountain-House-Just-in-Case-Classic-Emergency-12-meal-Bucket/12972928/product.html?recset=67e4dede-7e59-4020-bbcc-f087c066f3b3&refccid=5FBEHIQFKQTK7I2PAMIOHENI2Y&searchidx=8&recalg=63&recidx=8&keywords=mountain%20house&refinement=

I have never paid more than 60 for that bucket and others like it from MH, I have bought them all from Amazon. That being said, I wont buy pre made meals any more, single ingredients is what we like, and use almost every day. Amazon prime day is coming on Tuesday, they will probably have some MH buckets for 55 or less, but they go quick so if you see it buy it.

I am partial to Thrive, for several reasons, but a side by side comparison of their product to the stuff from Emergency Essentials.... well there isn't really a comparison. Thrive simply is better, looks better, tastes better, smells better, seems to last longer. Now, I may be a little biased because I am a Thrive consultant, but we have been eating freeze dried products for several years, and emergency essentials was our go to before I did a side by side comparison and look at how long they last once the can is opened. I will see if I still have the pictures and post them up if I do.

Edit: two comparisons...

The little pieces on the left are emergency essentials, while the whole green bean is Thrive life.

Thrive life on the left, looks like a dehydrated banana, normal color. The right is emergency essential brand, it's got an odd reddish color near the center.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 08:17:30 PM by wyorunner »

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3939 on: July 09, 2017, 11:22:19 PM »
Thanks, the price on OS did seem about normal.

Taste and looks is a huge thing. Worth trying other brands.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: July 10, 2017, 01:26:43 AM »
I was looking at the #10 cans and those seemed pretty good but I hadn't compared them to Amazon. The single serve pouches are a lot more per meal, but handy for one person.

I'm not familiar with Thrive so thanks for posting this.

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: July 10, 2017, 02:45:14 AM »
Thanks Ken.

As far as photobucket and our out of luck with them. Here is some information;

it is indeed 400 a year for 3rd party hosting.
you can pay 100 a year for unlimited linking but no hosting.
photos are still accessible and downloadable (remove them now before they change this).

Carbonite is a solid back up but it doesn't seem they offer a third party hosting option, which isn't surprising, their aim is towards protecting data away from a house fire type situation.

Imgur is an option, with a caveat, their front page can have some crude images on it. https://imgur.com/
Smugmug is another storage and hosting option, this one is not free 48-300/year, https://www.smugmug.com/memory-makers
Flickr is yet another one, that is still free. https://www.flickr.com/

These are the big three that will most likely be inundated. Im going to guess that Amazons photo storage service will soon be a hosting platform as well, currently it is primarily another online storage option, but does have some sharing features.

Photobucket info links

http://blog.photobucket.com/please-review-latest-changes-photobucket/
http://photobucket.com/pricing

Please feel free to move this anyone, if you think it should be elsewhere.
Flickr I believe is owned by Yahoo... With Verizon having just bought Yahoo, i wonder what will change...
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: July 10, 2017, 07:51:56 AM »
Our 5 year was last Friday and we celebrated Sat.  Headed to a Brazilian steak house down in Madison.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: July 10, 2017, 10:08:11 AM »
I was looking at the #10 cans and those seemed pretty good but I hadn't compared them to Amazon. The single serve pouches are a lot more per meal, but handy for one person.

I'm not familiar with Thrive so thanks for posting this.

wyo- double thanks....the cases of 6 #10 cans from Amazon are definitely much lower than what I saw at Overstock. I had seen prices against the sponsored ones in Google search so Overstock seemed cheap (I should have known right?!  :rolleyes:)  I do see WalMart has the same price for the #10 cans as Amazon (WalMart has dramatically increased the number of SKU's they carry online (I am sure in response to Amazon) so I find myself checking prices there a lot now too).

Maybe you could do a thread on Thrive some time...curious (beyond what you showed) what the plusses are versus the "tried and true" MH. Always tough for companies to get a foothold in a space where someone has dominating market share but like to learn about them. Also good to know alternatives.

But this whole thing is making me think about the dehydrator route myself.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: July 10, 2017, 01:39:53 PM »
I went out yesterday morning to get the crab pots, (only got two) but found these 4 bald eagles and one osprey, AKA Seahawk, battling over a dead fish. snapped this pic of the Seahawk and the Baldy in a 4g negative pushover directly above my Seahawks themed boat. Coincidence? I think not.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3945 on: July 10, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »
Then later on that afternoon these eagles coming from Oak Harbor
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: July 10, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »
Very cool pics tate!

Of course whenever I see an osprey I think of this now....

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: July 11, 2017, 06:06:10 AM »
I had a cool comment, but it degraded the osprey to much,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: July 11, 2017, 08:30:55 AM »
About four weeks away from some major changes. Expecting the new baby to be born early August, selling our 55 acres of play land, buying a new house on 63 acres and then selling our current house. Talk about irons in the fire. We have seen prayers answered in the way this has all fallen into place. I'll post up more about the house when we get occupancy, it's about 4500 sq ft of living space all on one level, a 6000 sqft garage, and a "small" guest house. Wife is really excited and happy, which means I'm happy.  :grin:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: July 11, 2017, 09:28:53 AM »
About four weeks away from some major changes. Expecting the new baby to be born early August, selling our 55 acres of play land, buying a new house on 63 acres and then selling our current house. Talk about irons in the fire. We have seen prayers answered in the way this has all fallen into place. I'll post up more about the house when we get occupancy, it's about 4500 sq ft of living space all on one level, a 6000 sqft garage, and a "small" guest house. Wife is really excited and happy, which means I'm happy.  :grin:
Wow, thats a big house
I have 5320 sq ft on three levels and my main floor is big, 4500 on one floor, two words: Wal Mart
(Yes I know it's one word, just trying to use the hillbilly card that others expect from people from Kintucky)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal