Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1323509 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5750 on: February 12, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »
Glad that worked out for you Don. Knee stuff is no fun (mucho bad experience here), glad the recovery is going well.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: February 12, 2018, 06:17:12 PM »
Glad that worked out for you Don. Knee stuff is no fun (mucho bad experience here), glad the recovery is going well.
Thanks for the concern

Last time it cost me an entire season and I was utterly miserable.
This time, however it is all pretty easy so far.

We'll see

Dr wants me up and moving about. Today, I have been up and moving about.

I guess I'll get back on building the shed tomorrow ;-))
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline W4WN

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: February 12, 2018, 07:30:28 PM »
Good news on not needing a replacement right away.! Sounds to me Don like you having a well functioning knee is part of His Plan.

Ditto on the not skimping on proper PT. I had a "bucket handle" tear in my right meniscus back in '96. Dr. Martini removed the center, said I "had plenty of good rim left and should be able to go a long time without trouble". I walked out (well, on crutches) did my PT duty for several months and today I'd have a hard time telling which knee it was. I will say the PT got much harder after the original sweet young Miss therapist went back to school and was replaced by a yankee, haha. Martini has since done my XYL's knee and shoulder. I kept the pressure on her through her PT regimens and she had great outcomes as well.

That 300 looks like it fits the younger Pre-Ranger quite well. Both of them actually. You might have to see if you can negotiate a volume purchase of more parts...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Offline W4WN

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: February 12, 2018, 07:39:00 PM »
This worked wonders for our joint work:
"Polar Care Kodiak Cold Therapy System"
Sure beat trying to keep 'em iced manually.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: February 13, 2018, 08:40:30 AM »
Home sick with my littlest. makes him want to snuggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: February 13, 2018, 10:53:46 AM »
Well worth the downside Dave IMO. Hope he feels better soon.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: February 13, 2018, 12:26:14 PM »
Good news on not needing a replacement right away.! Sounds to me Don like you having a well functioning knee is part of His Plan.

Ditto on the not skimping on proper PT. I had a "bucket handle" tear in my right meniscus back in '96. Dr. Martini removed the center, said I "had plenty of good rim left and should be able to go a long time without trouble". I walked out (well, on crutches) did my PT duty for several months and today I'd have a hard time telling which knee it was. I will say the PT got much harder after the original sweet young Miss therapist went back to school and was replaced by a yankee, haha. Martini has since done my XYL's knee and shoulder. I kept the pressure on her through her PT regimens and she had great outcomes as well.

That 300 looks like it fits the younger Pre-Ranger quite well. Both of them actually. You might have to see if you can negotiate a volume purchase of more parts...

Funny you should mention that

I have a guy looking into what it will take for a group I run (and own) to get the licensing to buy/sell firearms/ automatic weapons to guberment agencies, and manufacture of firearm components as well. And do destructive devices too. Goal is more along a military line of thinking than public sales, but selling and transfer of weapons may be something we can do in the not too distant future. If I decided to offer that publicly, then I think we'd divert the profits from all that back into missionary work and keep nothing for ourselves.
Let's not make a big deal of this, but just monitor the subject to see if it takes off at all...

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: February 13, 2018, 12:32:09 PM »
Sick little ones are tuff Dave.

Glad your knee is good, calling on mine today. Just not getting better.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »

Sorry to hear that Dave. What is the diagnosis?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:53 PM »

Funny you should mention that

I have a guy looking into what it will take for a group I run (and own) to get the licensing to buy/sell firearms/ automatic weapons to guberment agencies, and manufacture of firearm components as well. And do destructive devices too. Goal is more along a military line of thinking than public sales, but selling and transfer of weapons may be something we can do in the not too distant future. If I decided to offer that publicly, then I think we'd divert the profits from all that back into missionary work and keep nothing for ourselves.
Let's not make a big deal of this, but just monitor the subject to see if it takes off at all...

Last I knew to be a manufacturer with a license for those class of weapons it took a signature of someone from an agency or department that would be buying them in order to get your license. Friends of mine had a machine shop & they were looking at branching into this back in Indiana.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: February 13, 2018, 10:50:03 PM »
When I looked into it, it required a demo letter from an agency qualified to purchase.  Such as a local PD who will write you a letter that they are intersted in say...having you come out and demo an MP7.  That allowed you to purchase an MP7 so you could go demo it.  Even if they didn't buy it your FFL owned it until you dissolved or sold it to a qualified buyer.

Dealing classIII and manufacturing are two different animals....not sure about the mfg
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:01 PM »

Sorry to hear that Dave. What is the diagnosis?

Dr said no ear infection, no flu. Just a virus. Both the twins have been passing the crud back and forth. Just glad I haven’t got it,

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: February 14, 2018, 10:46:36 PM »
Some flower action. Was on the table at the restaurant waiting on us when we got there.  Valentines Day #30

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: February 14, 2018, 11:33:09 PM »
I got off easy this year. My wife is freezing in Chicago right now. I guess I'll have to make up for it when she gets home.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: February 15, 2018, 12:06:44 AM »
I got off easy as well for today. She’s been wrapped up in work middle management shake up all week. So we’ll go out this weekend. I bought her flowers last night so I was ahead of the curve.

So I worked on f150 brakes (new pads & turned rotors) front end.

Diagnosed a small oil leak with the jk, long story short it’s a Jeep & they leak. Consulted Ken & Norm they agreed it’s a Jeep, shut the hood & drive it.

Harassed Norm about some wheels he convinced me I need  :huh: 

Ken & I agreed millennials suck & millennial employees are worse. I convinced him there are such things as a root pass in welding regardless of what wyotech teaches his millennial employee.

Xj oil pressure dropped to zero at idle again for several minutes while driving. :sad: shut off and restarted it but could not replicate. Let it set for an hour then drove again & could not replicate.  :angry: I’m about ready to install old school mechanical gauge in that thing permanently. Something isn’t adding up, no top end noise this time though. First time it has done this since new pump, so I have no idea what’s going on now.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: February 15, 2018, 03:57:38 AM »
Wife started a new shift, 0600-1400 with s-m off. She's happy but now I get to get all the kids to school (3 diff ones) and pickup 2.

Got all the little things done on the Dmax last week (#8 glow-themos-upper balls and tie rods), now the tailgate won't open, sounds the rod came off but no time today with V day.

Seeing the Dr in the AM for the right knee. Moving slow, can't sleep. Feels like a knife below the kneecap.

Ran conduit for the last of the elec on the room, pulled the wire and got it all hooked up. Goal is to have it done by the end of the month.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: February 15, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »
I showed the house plan to the wife and said happy valentine day, she agreed pointing out he garage size

Momma is with the middle boy at a museum of natural history for a school trip, been to class this morning and publicly asked who carried a gun to school today because of yesterday events most raised a hand yes. 

Now of to work for a few hours

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: February 15, 2018, 02:11:40 PM »
How big is the garage??

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: February 15, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »
I showed the house plan to the wife and said happy valentine day, she agreed pointing out he garage size

Momma is with the middle boy at a museum of natural history for a school trip, been to class this morning and publicly asked who carried a gun to school today because of yesterday events most raised a hand yes. 

Now of to work for a few hours

dave, I am almost positive that you guys out there in UT are nothing like the clowns on the east and west coasts.....(read: you have brains)

as a matter of fact, don't you guys still have the only active death by firing squad range left in the world?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: February 15, 2018, 08:18:48 PM »
I think it has been a while since they did shoot someone like that but. I think your right

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: February 15, 2018, 08:20:22 PM »
Doesn't Texas still have firing squad as an option?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: February 15, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »
No, tx just has an express lane ......lol
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: February 15, 2018, 09:30:28 PM »

More like a hyper loop

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: February 15, 2018, 10:50:53 PM »
Here they are to worried that killing them may involve pain.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: February 16, 2018, 05:58:16 AM »
Went to a consignment auction and bought a generator to mount on the camper. I did a quick google search before I bought it. Sells New for just over 6 grand. I got it for $900. I'm sitting here reading the manual and realized I may have bought a piece of crap.
It says to never operate the generator if the weather calls for precipitation such as rain, snow or fog. I haven't had time to play with it yet. It was wrapped in plastic on a pallet. I assumed it was brand new. It is not. Its used. So I guess we will see what happens.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5775 on: February 16, 2018, 05:59:23 AM »
I got it cheap enough if it dont work out I might be able to recoup my losses.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5776 on: February 16, 2018, 06:37:06 AM »

More like a hyper loop
We did have the first execution in the country in 2018 in January 18 and we’ve had three so far this year.  And so far they are the only executions in the US this year

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #5777 on: February 16, 2018, 09:29:03 AM »
I’d be all for bringing back public executions for people like the guy who shot up the school two days ago. A few pieces of trash like him hanging from a rope at the courthouse may discourage others from doing the same. At this point I don’t see what we have to lose by trying.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:15:49 PM by longball »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5778 on: February 16, 2018, 10:20:41 AM »
^^^ X2 ^^^^  Make it a double and include that illegal turd from south of Texas who complained how he'd wished that he'd killed more cops.  Let them hang until the crows have pecked out their eyes and then burn the remains in the town square.  There's NO deterrent for anyone other than those who actually follow the law -
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5779 on: February 16, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
I got it cheap enough if it dont work out I might be able to recoup my losses.

if it works well, build a little dog house for it and cover it up. problem solved.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5780 on: February 16, 2018, 07:50:38 PM »
I’d be all for bringing back public executions for people like the guy who shot up the school two days ago. A few pieces of trash like him hanging from a rope at the courthouse may discourage others from doing the same. At this point I don’t see what we have to lose by trying.

I was just saying this today, guy confessed. Find him guilty quickly (no bs) & hang or shoot publicly. I agree then leave the bodies on display for a month or so. Rule of law in these cases need to be executed swiftly.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5781 on: February 16, 2018, 09:32:10 PM »
Firing squad with 17 ARs.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 02:45:42 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5782 on: February 18, 2018, 11:23:06 PM »
Couldn't help myself today.
45/70

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5783 on: February 18, 2018, 11:51:57 PM »
Let me know what you think of that action Ken, I think it needs a review btw. Hard to beat that 45-70  :likebutton:

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5784 on: February 19, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »

I think you are really going to like that. Just don't be attaching range finders and other stuff on it.
 :likebutton:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5785 on: February 19, 2018, 12:20:58 AM »

I think you are really going to like that. Just don't be attaching range finders and other stuff on it.
 :likebutton:

I took our marlin 45-70 last year hiking glacier (backup to bear spray) and took my scope off prior to that trip. Didn’t figure that scope would be of much use if a grizzly was charging.

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5786 on: February 19, 2018, 07:02:43 AM »
I agree, would love to read a review of that nice Lever Action!!

Not today but yesterday I took the camper out of hibernation, cleaned her up, added some red (because night vision is so important) LED lights under the steps and realized I have a 3’ section of drain pipe to replace.  Apparently it froze over the last cold snap. I thought I had it all emptied out.  Cheap old ABS pipe, but Im just happy it didn’t crack above the enclosed belly.  Im tired of taking that off to fix stuff.

Hope to be pulling it somewhere this weekend.

Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5787 on: February 19, 2018, 09:26:07 AM »
Couldn't help myself today.
45/70

Real - men don't need no recoil pad. Get rid of that and go with a good steel butt plate so you can end up with a shoulder that looked like mine after shooting mine. LOL

Good looking rifle, I have 2 45/70 rifles and love both just not the bruised shoulder
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 09:28:31 AM by oklawall »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5788 on: February 19, 2018, 04:41:44 PM »
^^^Not good for me to look at that!

I have regular business trips coming up into the bush in Africa. I was looking for a good dependable bush gun. I just keep coming back to that snappy Marlin lever gun in 45/70. Fun for plinkin' or shooting at something thinking of making me the evening snack!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5789 on: February 19, 2018, 04:45:49 PM »
plinking and 45/70 doesn't really go together unless you really back off on the powder.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5790 on: February 19, 2018, 05:00:44 PM »
It was a joke Bob, just a joke

But having said that

At times we would cruise some wadi and "Pling" with the mini gun just to blow off steam.
We would shoot captured enemy stuff, AK's a draganov, RPK, RPD, a 57mm recoiless once (Hashtag wrong thing to do if you have a hearing loss and thinkin' of keeping what you have remaining, intact)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: February 19, 2018, 05:03:29 PM »
Just diagnosed with KPITLSA!

What a bummer!

(Knee pain induced track loader separation anxiety)

Working on a possible cure...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: February 19, 2018, 06:25:26 PM »
^^^Not good for me to look at that!

I have regular business trips coming up into the bush in Africa. I was looking for a good dependable bush gun. I just keep coming back to that snappy Marlin lever gun in 45/70. Fun for plinkin' or shooting at something thinking of making me the evening snack!

Nothing against anyone's lever action but I think Marlin lever's are hard to beat. I have a Winchester still and have owned a Henry but I think the actions on the Marlins are quite a bit smoother at least in the guns built in the last 30 years. Just my 2 cents.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: February 19, 2018, 06:39:57 PM »
Real - men don't need no recoil pad. Get rid of that and go with a good steel butt plate so you can end up with a shoulder that looked like mine after shooting mine. LOL

Good looking rifle, I have 2 45/70 rifles and love both just not the bruised shoulder
I'll have you know, it's your fault I got that darn thing. Shame on you for posting up pics!!

Shawn, I had a choice between the Marlin and Henry. The henry action was tighter, and the machining a little more precise, and nicer furniture imo.
I liked the Marlin lever/handle better, and also the gated magazine...just something weird about loading a rifle with your hand over the muzzle that seems "off". lol

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: February 19, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »

I'll have you know, it's your fault I got that darn thing. Shame on you for posting up pics!!

Shawn, I had a choice between the Marlin and Henry. The henry action was tighter, and the machining a little more precise, and nicer furniture imo.
I liked the Marlin lever/handle better, and also the gated magazine...just something weird about loading a rifle with your hand over the muzzle that seems "off". lol

Hey now you guys said I had to post pictures. "It is the rules" and all LOL

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: February 19, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
I bought a diesel generator on an auction. We got to messing with it today. Wont run. Exhaust coming out of the intake. Found the muffler was plugged so took it off. Then we found out it has a catalytic converter on it. Also plugged. Pulled that off and it fired right up! Really loud and lots of black smoke.  Ok so now we need a muffler. We went and found a small tractor muffler. Modified it to fit. That didnt work. Its still way too loud. I scrounged up a muffler off an old truck and slipped it over the tractor muffler. Nice and quiet. Figured if we shove it outside for a while and let it run the smoke will quit. It did. Half hour or so i look out. No smoke! Awesome we got this figured out. Nope. It quit smoking because it ran out of oil. I'm going to take it to a small engine guy tomorrow and see if we rebuild, repower, or junk it. I paid 900 for it. 6 grand new. I thought I got a good deal. Heavy duty power systems brand
http://hdpowersystems.com/

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: February 19, 2018, 08:09:16 PM »
If I were headed into the bush, and a short barreled Benelli M4 wasn’t an option. I think I’d be ok with one of the 18.5” 45-70 Marlins worked over by Superior firearms. They’re in Louisville Chief.

http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/lever-action.html

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: February 19, 2018, 08:37:53 PM »

Good feedback Ken, I’ll take a look next time I find one in a store. For the record the Henry I had was a 17HMR. Although compared to my Winchester in 22 wmr & my Marlins the Henry had to go. Plus it was another round I didn’t want to stock.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: February 19, 2018, 08:43:10 PM »
If I were headed into the bush, and a short barreled Benelli M4 wasn’t an option. I think I’d be ok with one of the 18.5” 45-70 Marlins worked over by Superior firearms. They’re in Louisville Chief.

http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/lever-action.html

Along with some good ammo

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=151

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5799 on: February 19, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »

I was just saying this today, guy confessed. Find him guilty quickly (no bs) & hang or shoot publicly. I agree then leave the bodies on display for a month or so. Rule of law in these cases need to be executed swiftly.

No, we can't do anything really effective and tough.  We'd rather pass useless laws that only disarm law abiding citizens while doing nothing to deter criminals from obtaining guns illegally and killing people. That makes us feel morally superior.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal