Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327879 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #7400 on: August 19, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
Day three of laying on my back with minimal movement, this is getting old real fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tell me about it!

Care to explain don......
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7401 on: August 19, 2018, 10:15:56 PM »
Day three of laying on my back with minimal movement, this is getting old real fast

Tell me about it!

Care to explain don......
Knee came back for a visit...Was down for 3 weeks, but up and moving (sort of) fine now.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7402 on: August 20, 2018, 12:48:46 AM »
I guess the cuts form the glass are no longer an issue?

I love an auto lens. Got to remember to adjust it but I was doing the same, could not the welds (no way its my eyesite,,,,,,,,,,)

Done plenty of hardfacing, it was not pretty but it gets ground down fast and looks good!

On another note looking at either having mom move in or placing her in a home. The later is very pricey but its mom. Looking at a couple places this week.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7403 on: August 20, 2018, 07:05:38 AM »
Saw the 160th had a Blackhawk go down in A-Stan. Hope injuries aren’t too bad. Sorry for your brothers Don

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

OldKooT

« Reply #7404 on: August 20, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
Just left the hospital. My wife has a painful lump under her nipple so she just had a mammogram/ultra sound. Radiologists said "we see nothing concerning" so still no answer to what is going on.

Glad for the good news....frustrated by the not knowing what is going on.

Day two of rain...need to haul home some drywall for the bathroom project...can't get into my shop due to roof repairs stalled due to rain. As Mondays go....not all that productive

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7405 on: August 20, 2018, 01:23:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that Norm. My ex had something similar, and it was an infection in her glands in that area.

This is for Shawn: https://youtu.be/B_6xC1h-mNk
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7406 on: August 20, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
I am glad I don’t have to listen to that from people.  He handled that a whole lot better than I ever would have.   Our police do a great job

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7407 on: August 20, 2018, 02:11:25 PM »
That was my thoughts too Ken. I think my wife had something similar once
Upon a time.

Politicians kids and preachers kids always the worst.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7408 on: August 20, 2018, 02:19:29 PM »
Saw the 160th had a Blackhawk go down in A-Stan. Hope injuries aren’t too bad. Sorry for your brothers Don

Afghanistan or Iraq? I heard Iraq

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7409 on: August 20, 2018, 02:33:14 PM »

Afghanistan or Iraq? I heard Iraq
And
Unless my information is bad, was not the 160th

USAF HH-60 pave hawk. Depending on the unit they may have been part of a task force with the 160th, but I doubt it. Those guys do more of a rescue mission gig, although I was surprised to hear this happened during a raid.
My working theory is when the raiders were engaged, they suffered a casualty and called in medevac, which would have likely been a pave hawk (HH-60). They do that sort of things for us, but don't get involved in the raid dynamics. Those guys are well trained, but not to the degree that 160th operates at. It creates a bit of an incompatibility so we just keep folks in their perspective lanes.

And I want to state, again, I am not saying anything negative about the pavehawk guys. I flew with them alot, and they are good people.

OldKooT

« Reply #7410 on: August 20, 2018, 02:45:00 PM »
Bummer on the whirly bird situation...prayer sent for sure.

Ken/TRN infection is what we are hoping is the issue. They diagnosed it as that initially, 4 days on antibiotics no real change. She wrangled a Appointment with her general care guy this afternoon. It would be nice if he could provide an answer or suggestion. I have had about all I can stand with medical professionals not exactly communicating well.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: August 20, 2018, 03:06:30 PM »
Heard about the video this AM, just watched it and the others. I have been in the exact same situation before, but no cams.

Prayers sent your way Norm. Not knowing hard.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 03:07:38 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: August 20, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »
Bummer on the whirly bird situation...prayer sent for sure.

Ken/TRN infection is what we are hoping is the issue. They diagnosed it as that initially, 4 days on antibiotics no real change. She wrangled a Appointment with her general care guy this afternoon. It would be nice if he could provide an answer or suggestion. I have had about all I can stand with medical professionals not exactly communicating well.
I got sent home with a bag of pills and some photos of my Insides and that was it.  No time line, no work note, no follow up appointment? Nothing.  I have called three times today and get stuck on hold for thirty min and I hang up

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:17 PM »
Just left the hospital. My wife has a painful lump under her nipple so she just had a mammogram/ultra sound. Radiologists said "we see nothing concerning" so still no answer to what is going on.

Glad for the good news....frustrated by the not knowing what is going on.

Day two of rain...need to haul home some drywall for the bathroom project...can't get into my shop due to roof repairs stalled due to rain. As Mondays go....not all that productive

Cyndie had one like that Norm. Scary for sure, but turned out to be a clogged duct or something totally innocuous. Hope you find the same results.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: August 20, 2018, 04:03:33 PM »
Sorry to hear that Norm. My ex had something similar, and it was an infection in her glands in that area.

This is for Shawn: https://youtu.be/B_6xC1h-mNk

Yeah, kids a chip off the ol block I’d say.

Wish the cops would get over that insurance harassment crap personally speaking. They know whether or not you have valid insurance from their data base. I know some of them also do not care for us peons questioning the King’s men either, just my experience.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: August 20, 2018, 05:53:27 PM »
Agreed Shawn but a wise man once told me “never argue with the guy with a badge or a gun”

That man was my dad. Only recently do I appreciate his wisdom.

That’s a big part of what’s wrong with AA youth.  Cop an attitude on the side of the road. The place to adjudicate the offense is in the courtroom and not the side of the road

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: August 20, 2018, 06:06:08 PM »
They know if you have insurance, but you still have to have proof in the vehicle. Get in a wreck and it becomes quite handy.
I have a few complaints, but that's not one of them. Matter of fact, it wasn't that long ago when I didn't appreciate LE...at all. ..now that I'm older, and especially after all that blm crap, I'll stand beside them 100%.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: August 20, 2018, 06:14:18 PM »
Charles, I get it.

I've had several run ins with the local guys lately along with my barber and now a neighbor who is a retired captain of another pd had an issue as well recently. None of us go out of our way to call the PD or to give them grief. Frankly I don't call the police for a reason.

All I'm saying is it goes a longs ways not to screw with the tax payers who are law abiding citizens and paying your fing salary. I mean this is your job and you would think you could do as I can and read someones body language etc. along with their comments. It especially would go a long ways not to step on my property when I've done nothing wrong and blow me sh*t. I realize the patrol guys run into a lot of crap and I appreciate what they do however don't pick fights with the guy sitting at home at 10 pm minding his own business. This guy isn't about to back down to stupid especially at 10pm, go harass some other knucklehead.

For the record the insurance / ticket thing happened a year ago right about the time we had a new chief instated, since then crime has gone up and I'm wearing boots now so I don't step in the crap as it's starting to get deep around here and we all know how I like my sandals! Maybe she 'er the chief needs to step it up..... Rant off 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: August 20, 2018, 07:05:09 PM »
Shawn I’m actually in agreement with you. I just now know how to work the system and rarely does confrontation during a roadside visit prove fruitful. City council members have a lot of sway on the police chief in most towns and the chief has authority over beat cops and like to keep their appointment. ;-). Some cops, not many and not all, like to punch down and have their little power trip. Now rather than asking them to take off the badge and gun so we can have a “real conversation “ I work the system and it works. It’s delayed gratitude but nice when you see the look on their face later and they realize they got beat and you never even had to get ugly with them.

OldKooT

« Reply #7419 on: August 20, 2018, 09:30:16 PM »
Honestly having just been in Denver, I feel I am qualified to say the following. Denver and it's burbs surrounding it are turning into a grade A Fecal matter depository.

The police officer wants to be treated with respect the "man, bud, dude" type stuff should maybe be reduced considerably. You won't command respect by lowing your own standards in a effort to identify with what is sadly often today's youth.

That said the young delinquent in that video needed to be drug out of the SUV and tossed into passing traffic. So Meh....

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:58 PM »
We have a small chalk board in the kitchen, the intent was to help a busy family communicate a little better with three teenage girls always going separate directions.

So that never really worked, however it has had some very inspiring quotes written upon it on occasion. My favorite was probably the one left by my 16 year old xj driving daughter.

Denver is the crap stain on Colorado’s underwear, says everyone!

End quote

Hard not to be proud..... :tongue:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: August 21, 2018, 12:01:17 AM »
LOL

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: August 21, 2018, 12:11:31 AM »
takes after her momma I tell you!  :facepalm:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: August 21, 2018, 12:42:46 AM »
You guys all sound like you need to get a u haul truck and move on to better places.   I am honestly happy here in ol Ogden Utah for the most part, our economy is consistently growing upwards, the police are polite to me ( never give cause anymore to bring attention to myself) and the view and people surroundings are rather nice.   You should looks for similar. 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: August 21, 2018, 08:10:43 AM »
Dave then what would they do?  Don’t you know that’s how old men pass time?  Sitting at the coffee shop complaining??

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7425 on: August 21, 2018, 08:23:43 AM »
In that case.   I have needed to fart for hours but I can’t push with my abdomen to accelerate the issue.  So I need some coffee and somewhere to B’$&@   

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7426 on: August 21, 2018, 08:45:35 AM »
We’re here to lend an ear Dave....

OldKooT

« Reply #7427 on: August 21, 2018, 09:02:45 AM »
Isn't this web forum sort of a old mans gatherings? =P

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7428 on: August 21, 2018, 09:16:56 AM »
Isn't this web forum sort of a old mans gatherings? =P

And you are? Thinking you might have answered your own question there....  :popcorn:

OldKooT

« Reply #7429 on: August 21, 2018, 09:29:27 AM »
Well I am not what i'd call young. But I am too Jr to really fit in with the local breakfast league. It's a lonely world LoL

At your age your just a tick from hanging out at the local community centers and basket weaving and herb drying=P

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7430 on: August 21, 2018, 11:09:29 AM »
Well, we found it actually helped to talk on their level. Wasn't always the best route but it worked.

As for insurance, on Ca DMV knows if you have it our not but was not reported to you on the street. They have to know so they can pull the registration from the vehicle if you don't, what a scam.

And another complaint while I sip my coffee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7431 on: August 21, 2018, 04:41:10 PM »
Yet another example of how we aren’t serious about enforcing our laws.

If they impounded on the spot every vehicle pulled over that didn’t have insurance it would stop it immediately. 

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7432 on: August 21, 2018, 08:35:32 PM »
Rented a steamer from HD to clean the tile floors in the house. Works pretty well, just takes a while. We have about 2000 sq ft of tiles space to clean. The pics show the before and after in the laundry room.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7433 on: August 21, 2018, 09:38:22 PM »
The tile shinny or is it just wet from the cleaning

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7434 on: August 21, 2018, 09:44:38 PM »
Looks like I found a home for my mom. Very nice newer place and I took her there after I toured it. Nice studio with a kitchenet (microwave but no cooking), walk in shower and can even have small pets. Meals are cooked to order like a restaurant which was a biggy for me.

About $3500 a month which is actually low in the state and nearby (closer than her house). I need to work on veterans spouse aid which could be around 1200/month. My dad was a career marine serving in both Korea and VN. With that, her current $2000 income we would have to sell the house and invest the proceeds. Figure around $250K clear would net 1500-2000 a month and even add to the till with spending cash. Right now I need to finalize the power of attorney and trust which I already run.

This has been on my mind for some time now and it is time, even she said so. We see the Dr next week for the form she needs but that should be a breeze.

Those tiles look great!

Yep, its been about the $$ for some time now. Unless you are illegal or have lots of $$.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7435 on: August 21, 2018, 10:07:16 PM »
The tile shinny or is it just wet from the cleaning

They were shiny from pretreatment them with some diluted oxyclean. They came out really nice after steaming them.  In the picture the grout was still a little darker from being wet. It dried out lighter still. Now I just have to seal the grout before it gets stained again.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7436 on: August 21, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »
Looks like I found a home for my mom. Very nice newer place and I took her there after I toured it. Nice studio with a kitchenet (microwave but no cooking), walk in shower and can even have small pets. Meals are cooked to order like a restaurant which was a biggy for me.

About $3500 a month which is actually low in the state and nearby (closer than her house). I need to work on veterans spouse aid which could be around 1200/month. My dad was a career marine serving in both Korea and VN. With that, her current $2000 income we would have to sell the house and invest the proceeds. Figure around $250K clear would net 1500-2000 a month and even add to the till with spending cash. Right now I need to finalize the power of attorney and trust which I already run.

This has been on my mind for some time now and it is time, even she said so. We see the Dr next week for the form she needs but that should be a breeze.

Those tiles look great!

Yep, its been about the $$ for some time now. Unless you are illegal or have lots of $$.

Not easy stuff JR, finalizing my moms trust now which the assets I have been managing for last two years. Had a scare with her a couple weeks ago and it was nice knowing I had all the necessary medical documents in hand. My Dad’s trust and medical docs where completed twelve to fourteen years ago and he has managed it thus far but docs are sitting in back of safe if needed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:05:09 PM by stlaser »

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7437 on: August 21, 2018, 10:59:27 PM »

Those tiles look great!

JR. glad you found a nice place close to home. It is tough these days to find people that really care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7438 on: August 22, 2018, 12:21:57 AM »
Bucket visited the dentist today and it only cost me $58.00. Got a set of rock teeth as well, for the same price.
After looking at the pic  I realize I may have put them on upside down... oops

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7439 on: August 22, 2018, 08:31:04 AM »
FINALLY! got out to the range after over 3 years of not shooting. Sighted in my Sig716 .308 that I have never shot since new. It only took my 100 rounds. That was a couple of fun hours. :grin:

Then moved to my new Sig P365. Shot around 50 rounds in it. Was running out of daylight. I have to say I'm newbie to pistols but for a short barrel it shot very well. I only had one problem with it. It is small and I'm left handed. The magazine release button is on the left side. I think I was squeezing too hard and was on the button. Then when one round was trying to eject the magazine was not seated and so it didn't eject and the new round fell out while the magazine dropped out. All the while there was some smoke coming out of the mag well. Checked and everything was fine after that and ran another 25 rounds through it with no problems. I will definitely have to switch the mag release button to the right side. Also checking the spent cases I didn't see any strike pin drag at all.  :likebutton:

So fun few hours.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:07:30 AM by nmeyer414 »
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7440 on: August 22, 2018, 09:44:37 AM »
Anybody have any experience with these? Saw one locally on clearance (still new in box) but I cannot return it so I’m hesitant to take the risk.

https://www.atncorp.com/x-sight2-hd-day-night-rifle-scope-3-14x

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7441 on: August 22, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »
Seems to good to be true. ATN was always a lower end optic compared to the mil spec stuff.

I’ve not looked seriously at them for a while so I would go over to arfcom and search around the forums or snipershide to get the skinny.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7442 on: August 22, 2018, 12:03:57 PM »
Seems to good to be true. ATN was always a lower end optic compared to the mil spec stuff.

I’ve not looked seriously at them for a while so I would go over to arfcom and search around the forums or snipershide to get the skinny.

I’ll do that. The features and images on their website don’t seem possible for a $600 night vision optic.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7443 on: August 22, 2018, 12:34:24 PM »
Night vision has gotten better. I have a PVS-14 milspec tube and it’s not as good as what they show. Obvious image editing.

It’s likely that it’s image quality will be passable at short range eg 100 yards with bright moonlight but you’d need an IR flood for really low light.

Optics I’ve lusted over for 600yd night engagements (think PVS24 clip on) are $10k plus

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7444 on: August 22, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
I have heard/read good things about the ATN. If the price is good I would do it. I like the recording options as well.

I have a PVS-14/white phosphor and it is sweet.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7445 on: August 22, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »
So am I paranoid??

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7446 on: August 22, 2018, 01:02:37 PM »
Do you really think they would use that WiFi name??

How do you like that 365? That is one of the few 9mm that really has me thinking. Need to be creative to get it here though, but it can be done legit.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7447 on: August 22, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
Connect to their guest network, maybe you can find out what’s going on. ;)

But seriously, I had the exact same Wi-Fi SSIDs in my old neighborhood. It might be the default in some manufacturers boxes. Or just what some tech help website uses in their how to pages, and people are following it to the letter.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7448 on: August 22, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
All of the things I need to shoot at night can be coaxed, or baited, to within 100yds but I don’t want to just throw away $500 on junk either.

Maybe the do actually use that WiFi name thinking that other people will think, “no way they’d use that name” and connect to it.

OldKooT

« Reply #7449 on: August 22, 2018, 01:37:45 PM »
LoL..... go knock on the door of the van and ask TRN... it's Texas.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal