Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2016 Rubicon GJ  (Read 30810 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
2016 Rubicon GJ
« on: April 11, 2016, 09:31:59 AM »
So this will be the beginning of my, well her (maybe ours??) GJ (Girly Jeep)

Ya so you all know the story of my Toureg that couldn't...

Couldn't live with all that, so I'm getting rid of the VW and that lying company with the hippie green peace face!

We are picking up a 2016 JK, well GJ Rubicon. There are some things to still work out, however I started out with a rag top 16 Ruby, a local thing and was workin' the deal

The salesman demo'd the top removal, and that was that. With those flimsy zippers, it was on to a removable hardtop. Second thing...I had selected one with the cloth seats, but the lady of the casa nixx'd that. Nope, gotta have heated leather, electric curling irons, the optional make-up carousel, and vanity mirrors at every corner...Hence: The GJ!

We found another. It is located some 250 miles away. Hard top, all the Ruby stuff, all the girly stuff, and a hard top which is resistant to gunfire, up to Crossman BB guns, I think!

I wanted the D44 axles and little more. To get the only thing in the whole toy that had any strength at all, one has to buy everything else cosmetic and fake...Ya know, just to make you feel better about stepping out into the wild (Man's world) and away from the safety of our Bernie Sanders Culture. Of course, She wanted to attach a beauty salon to that, so we are buying something I will never drive, unless someone start to think I'm going for the Bruce Jenner to Catlin' thing.

I will get stuck working on it of course. And I'll be forced to smile up the place, placidly and quietly while on one of those hardcore off road weekends when I get to take off the top and sit in it with the kiddies while driving down a county road. Other than that, I plan to avoid it... Like a gay bar! I don't like heeps. I owned two real CJ Jeeps, which I wheeled constantly, wreckin' and rollin em over to the point I'd stop with the body repairs. That was then (A better day???) Now we have the JK. All the looks with none of the performance, Like I always say, "The fake and plastic fantastic sleep machine!"

It's a jeep thing ya know, you wouldn't get it! Well, when it comes to Wranglers, neither do I! All these new girly things share in common with their WW2 predecessors is that they carry (girly) men around to get their man buns done up and toes pedicured or manicured (Whichever of those words that pertains to feets) Oh and the fact that some of those those girly men do on occasion play modern warfare, so other than picking up carpal tunnel syndrome injuries, about 30 extra pounds of fat, and PTSD from being reconstituted too many times last night while playing, these warriors of new resemble (From a great distance) the warriors of old who validated the real jeep thing.

So, ya, I guess I'm gettin one...

Details: Engine: Mini van mill
Torque: 17 ft lbs
Horsepower: Claimed 112
Ground clearance: 3.2"
Departure angle: Can clear most speed bumps
Axle strength: You don't mention axle strength and jeep in the same sentence!
People capacity: 4 men of old, 4 modern day fat girls, or are those fat boys...can't quite make them out...
Over all rating: Excellent: Gets one from Zales to Kohls, back home to QVC safely and without anyone noticing
Known danger: The vehicle is capable of putting the driver or passerby's who unfortunately found themselves staring at it...to sleep, due to lack of stimulus!
Suspension travel: Already told you...It can get from the jewelry store to the salon, so the suspension definitely can travel!

I'd say it is a great starting point (To someday melt down and make a good 1/2" ratchet drive set.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:49:07 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

Re: 2016 Rubicon GJ
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 10:57:07 AM »
LoL... could be worse Don. A few axles, some Rubber and say another $20k it will be "trendy"

I am looking forward to this build where Don extends the value and handy factor of the back up camera in upcoming months  :D The "how to" article on Jeep accessorizing.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:11:32 AM »
LoL... could be worse Don. A few axles, some Rubber and say another $20k it will be "trendy"

I am looking forward to this build where Don extends the value and handy factor of the back up camera in upcoming months  :D The "how to" article on Jeep accessorizing.
Yea, I'm not looking forward to this one...

OK, really wanted that VW out of the garage

On a weekend a month ago, she worked late on a Saturday. She didn't come down to join us because the rutts in the "road" back into the hide were too deep...4WD only. And that 4WD better have some ground clearance and decent tires

Toureg, either count: Negative!

So that was that, the search started. No she idn't want a power wagon to drive to corporate hqts in heels.

So what can I get? The Kia and Hyundai dealerships have my pic up on their "Wanted dead, or deader" wall. So I can't even consider America's most popular kars!

That jeep with the grill that looks kinda like my old CJ's. CLose enough. Girls car that will never get wheeled and might make it back into the hide.

That's how the GJ was born!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »
Well if you lay it on a bit thicker Don we might start swaying to the side that says you don't really like the jeep..... ::)

Recall we know you owned an h2! Lol
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:37:47 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

OldKooT

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:54 PM »
I know how it goes man. Kay was debating about a JK or a Power Wagon and she bought the truck. Now with the Power Wagon back on the road in my sons ownership I was worried she'd want a Jeep LoL

But as it turns out she's pressuring me hard to just restore Patch and she will drive that when the crews done. "translation" She will drive the Crew and patch will stay how it is most likely. My daily life routine doesn't lend it's self to shiny dent free equipment.

OldKooT

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 12:46:40 PM »
I wasn't going to go there with the H2...but it probably had to be done LoL

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 12:48:03 PM »
At least I wasn't the only one thinkin it..... ;D

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
Well if you lay it on a bit thicker Don we might start swaying to the side that says you don't really like the jeep..... ::)

Recall we know you owned an h2! Lol
Got me there

Hey I learned in church, that evil has no stronghold on you if you publically confess it

Well...I owned a H2

There, shot that one right in the foot!

Yea, and I'm not sayin I don't like the jeep. I mean lookin at it the way you do when you are viewing a beautiful fox at play off in the distance...through your riflescope

I like it, Like that!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »
I know how it goes man. Kay was debating about a JK or a Power Wagon and she bought the truck. Now with the Power Wagon back on the road in my sons ownership I was worried she'd want a Jeep LoL

But as it turns out she's pressuring me hard to just restore Patch and she will drive that when the crews done. "translation" She will drive the Crew and patch will stay how it is most likely. My daily life routine doesn't lend it's self to shiny dent free equipment.
Shiny and dent free is over rated!

I'll post up pics of all the new scratches on the Chebby.

Remember that tree that fell on my driveway a few weeks ago, blocking my way out?

Well, I was tired, and cold, and hungry, so I just took a heading out through the shortest part of the woods...and tried not to pay too much attention to the scratchy noises

Have some good scars from all that...

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »
You know I had a thought this morning as you were describing your fancy new Barbie jeep. If Jesus were alive I think he might drive something like patch. Not that he as King doesn't deserve the best, nope I just think after doing some reading his vehicle might resemble an old beat up pickup. An imperfect pickup kinda like the people he surrounded himself with. But that's just my opinion & I'm a bit partial I suppose.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 03:52:21 PM »
You know I had a thought this morning as you were describing your fancy new Barbie jeep. If Jesus were alive I think he might drive something like patch. Not that he as King doesn't deserve the best, nope I just think after doing some reading his vehicle might resemble an old beat up pickup. An imperfect pickup kinda like the people he surrounded himself with. But that's just my opinion & I'm a bit partial I suppose.
I'd agree

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 04:07:54 PM »
were all screwed!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
I hear those jeeps have very thin axle walls? They do look phony with those tires sticking way out making em as wide as a full size rig.

I recall that h2 you had, but didn't know you were an expert at rolling CJs.

So, why not just get a nice 4dr 1/2 ton truck?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 12:31:46 AM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 11:39:27 AM »
Because that's not what H6 wants JR.

(we both know Don wants that Jeep, but we can keep playing along for the sake of friendship)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 11:47:38 AM »
Yep, he is justifying it pretty well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ken, you do amsoil, I need some filters?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 10:41:20 PM »
Jeep quest: The saga continues!

Saturday we decided to buy

Kat deals with the dealership and locates three this side of the mississippi

One has a deal working

Both of the others is at the same stealership

This dealer contacted them and as of COB Tuesday, nothing heard from the owning delaership!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that?

Some 250 miles away, and they aren't returning phone calls, answering fax's, texts, emails or messages on their website.

OK, well, Thur I am punching out for a few daze, so it will have to wait till next week I guess

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 10:50:04 PM »
This has clearance and would fit in the corp HQ

Of course, the $137k price tag might be a turn off....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 10:51:35 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »
Look at the ground clearance on that thing!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 10:28:01 AM »
Must have hub gearboxes like the H1.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 11:32:59 PM »
Speaking of ground clearance, I didn't bring my micrometers down to the farm so I couldn't get an accurate measurement...

But the GJ is officially here

And the cool part is it was picked up and driven directly to the farm. It was off road in its second hour of us owning it and it stayed off road for two days before returning (with mud, and its first scratch, err, scar!)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 11:06:18 AM »
Looks nice.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 01:36:03 PM »
I think Don misrepresented the GJ concept, I don't even see any pink highlights? I mean it has lockers, 3/4 ton (center sections anyhow) axles, the tires look legit, the t-case has 4:1 low range, I agree it has a lot of girly interior stuff similar to c-max but from the looks of what the majority here drive that's acceptable. I tend to believe the wife units decision to get a capable mall mulch bed navigating vehicle is treading in on your manly mulch bed territory & you ain't comfortable with that at the present time...... ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:36:43 PM by stlaser »

OldKooT

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »
Pretty nifty....safe to assume you have decided a emp event isn't likely?  ;D

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 02:27:52 PM »
I think CMax and the GJ should have a drive off. He has the property, vehicles and drivers.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2016, 03:18:11 PM »
I think Don misrepresented the GJ concept, I don't even see any pink highlights? I mean it has lockers, 3/4 ton (center sections anyhow) axles, the tires look legit, the t-case has 4:1 low range, I agree it has a lot of girly interior stuff similar to c-max but from the looks of what the majority here drive that's acceptable. I tend to believe the wife units decision to get a capable mall mulch bed navigating vehicle is treading in on your manly mulch bed territory & you ain't comfortable with that at the present time...... ;D

You're fired for insulting the boss...AGAIN!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 03:19:13 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016, 03:20:15 PM »
I mean, fired again, not insulting the boss again. Actually, I expect that to continue into infinity...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016, 03:32:07 PM »
before returning (with mud, and its first scratch, err, scar!)

So you scratched/scarred up HH6's new ride...  :o
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »
I didn't think I said anything negative about the wife unit? ???

Oh wait, when you said boss you were referring to yourself? Isn't that speaking in third person? It's been awhile but I thought that was a grammatical no no? I'm sure I must be wrong as a distinguished author such as yourself would never do such a thing. Anyhow, now I'm really confused who you were talking about? Not that it matter as I've been fired!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 09:08:21 PM »
Pretty nifty....safe to assume you have decided a emp event isn't likely?  ;D
Naw, not that Norm.
The Toureg could not physically make it back to the farm...The road in IS THAT BAD!

So I got momma something which is obviously built for women, looks cute (to girls), can make it back in there and I don't like it. (Meaning I will not work on it much)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2016, 09:09:52 PM »
Some more pics of it before I start a fluid level check:

Decent wheels although I don't like them. But the rub bar seems it would make for a good base to weld some tubing onto...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »
Trail rated: Meaning can be parked near places like the Appalachian trail if one wants to do some hiking?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »
Has some seats, switches, and things inside

Kath likes the pretty chrome parts...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2016, 09:16:39 PM »
Has a roof, some stuff on the roof and of course a mirror, lighted, to check your look out there on the Ruby-con and diamond superstore shopping mall spree!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2016, 09:18:07 PM »
Ours has doors, a cup holder and a dog!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »
Oh and I checked out the wattage rating on that 115VAC plug, and yes it will power a small hair dryer and set of trail rated hair curlers!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »
Ours had a spare tire as well, how thoughtful!

3 is the number

3 is the number of days we have owned it

3 is the number of days I have not been in it!

Cool!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 12:22:04 PM »
Big difference between this & an old cj huh?

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
trail rated hair curlers!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 03:52:20 PM »
Big difference between this & an old cj huh?

^^^ I think I'm gettin to him! ^^^^
;-))

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 04:54:40 PM »
Well, first mine ain't as hoity toity as your wife's. Second I started thinking about the upgrades between my jk & my old tj. That in itself is a big difference. Then was thinking about your wife's jk & that old cj you spoke about. Still don't think the new jk comes close to that h2 you had though.....

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 05:16:17 PM »
I think Kathy needs to make an appearance on here every now and then just to make sure that don stays straight.............;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2016, 05:46:27 PM »
I think Kathy needs to make an appearance on here every now and then just to make sure that don stays straight.............;D

Why didn't I think of that!?!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
I will 3rd that, keep the old man honest,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2016, 07:20:43 PM »
here you go don, you can get the frau one of these here covers................

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=a+girl+and+her+jeep+you+wouldn%27t+understand+tire+cover

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2016, 07:30:24 PM »
^^^Needs a lift...   Desperately...^^^

Here is what 2-1/2" of lift and 33's looks like on my wife's jeep.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:31:22 PM by Dustoff35 »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2016, 07:39:06 PM »
duane's poking the bear................!

you just have to get Kathy to go along with the lift idea duane and then we can all give don some poking fun as he is wrenching on the jeep....;D

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »
I'm sure Kathy will not let him touch her Jeep...  That's probably why he is mocking it so severely...

She saw what my son and I did to my wife's JK at the farm...

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:13:56 PM by Dustoff35 »

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 07:57:52 PM »
Nice! Glad to see you are still hanging around.....

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2016, 07:59:02 PM »
Now that looks good. A little tire and lift does wonders.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
The JK is a decent vehicle with a ton of aftermarket support.  Our 2012 base model Sport has over 80,000 miles on it and it gets around your farm just fine.  The Rubicon you bought has a lot of nice options already.  D44's front and rear, lockers, sway disconnects, low ratio x-fer case.  The D44's are good axles.  Remember, they were put under 3/4 ton pickups in the 1970's.  In a vehicle as light as that JK, they will hold up well unless you get crazy with tire size or you abuse it like your John Deere.  ;D   
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:28:51 PM by Dustoff35 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal