Hello Guest

Author Topic: 9/11....15 years.....wow  (Read 895 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
9/11....15 years.....wow
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:07:43 AM »
I am astonished it's been 15 years. Just truly amazed. I can feel it like it was yesterday. Sadly too many Americans seem to believe it's ancient history and couldn't happen again.

This captures the feeling very well I think.

https://youtu.be/3iy2L9VeUfc

God bless our soldiers and first responders.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 9/11....15 years.....wow
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:20 AM »
How soon we forget. Yet they are still out there. Our enemies are fully committed. I'm not sure I can say the same for America right now.

What drives it home for me is the broadcast, which has been sanitized, that shows the people jumping to their death from 100 floors up and the reporter who identifies the loud bangs heard in audio as the sound those bodies make as they hit the pavement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 09:30:40 AM »
I will never forget the silence of the airspace locked down living near O'Hare Int. and several smaller airports; that and watching it live on TV in my classroom as the second hit and the eventual collapse of the towers along with every other event from that day.  Every floor pancaking upon the next in a manner a demolition team would be hard pressed to duplicate and the internal scream from my soul causing my ears to ring internally with the only audible sound - the air being sucked from the room.

God, please continue to bless the families of the lost on that day-
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
Sums it up well.
We lost so much that day.
As a firefighter I lost 343 brothers and sisters.
My outlook on the problem we face changed that day...

We just had a ceremony at the mess, our day of rest and day off at the mid point of the competition. There was at least three quarters of the competitors and staff in attendance. TJ, the USAR Captain that spoke was humbled and pleasantly surprised to see so many out for it. It was a very somber service and now to think, it is part of history for our kids, the new recruits to the armed forces. All of us here remember vividly where we were and what we were doing, but the new recruits now would have been as young as three, and not remember.

As TJ said, it is our job to pass this on to those younger than us so as it will never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:46:36 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:29:00 PM »
I remember that day so well

I was flying a jet back to Cincy when ATC started vectoring everyone to land.

It was my last leg, getting in very early, since I had been flying or on deck since 2230 the night before.

I stowed my gear and rode the crew bus to the parking lot, got in the car and drove back to the apartment I was renting at the time. My wife called, I answered

She said, "Thank God you're OK!"

I didn't have a clue why she said that and asked why did she say that

She said, "You don't know?"

Know what, I asked

She said, Just turn on the TV

I asked, what channel

She answered, "Just turn on the TV"

I watched it unfold

And I knew we were going to war...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal