WEAPONS > Less Than Lethal

New Man Purse by Vertx

(1/8) > >>

stlaser:
OK, so I've been like a kid at Christmas waiting to open this box and introduce you guys to this product ( ever since I picked it up at my office PO box several weeks ago :) lol ). Hard not to notice a big box with Vertx on the side of it.......

http://api.justinfr.com/data/default/images/catalog/1000/Turnkey/1/VTX5010BK-FRONT-WEB-609.png

Several months back I was visiting the cabelas bargain cave and wandering past the gun counter. As I did I ran into this guy who had a couple of these cool looking back packs. Apparently he was waiting for management to do an overview of the new product line. Cabelas just started carying them online at the time. He was an outside regional sales rep for Vertx.

Super friendly and hit me up as I was looking at the pistols to ask if I conceal carried. I responded that I did and the wife and kids were always making fun of my man purse. My old one was a small carry on flight bag that I used for my ipad etc when traveling. It pulled double duty in the jeep when at home with my G22. It worked but wasn't really designed for this role. So he throws me the EDC bag  http://vertx.com/edc-commuter-bag and fits it to my large 6'2" frame then starts to explain all the functions this bag has built into it. I could go into way more details but in essence this bag was designed for and by operators working discreetly overseas. They've been working and reworking the design for several years now. Best part is living here in hippy land I will fit right in with this bag without looking homeless. I already reached out to Craig at 144:1.com for a couple of patches. I also placed an order this morning with Vertx for the accessory internal holsters etc, note if you sign up to their email you get a 20% off initial order coupon. So excited as I can now carry my tricked out G35

I highly suggest you guys watch the video, one part it doesn't mention is that the area for the "laptop" can be used to hold body armor. So when you flip the pack around front side to pull your gun in essence you now have front armor while engaging said dirt bag.

video https://youtu.be/9N_TJqb8gkU

Review video https://youtu.be/HvHQY4SSAW8

BobbyB:
I want one! I don't like you now, cause I don't have one. I have flashlight, pens, paper, pocket knife, keys, Nalgene bottle and etc all stashed in my Carhartt jacket and a cheap WalMart pack, and while it works, I don't have much hope for that bag to survive much longer.

I'm now expecting a superb review of this pack. The kind of review that shall be spoken of in the quietest of a whisper over a campfire with a group of friends. The type of review that makes the prose of Shakespeare appear to be synonymous with mere drivel.

And pics!  :)

stlaser:
Bobby, for what it's worth "I'll try" on that review..... still need to finish the g43 review.... :(

Also my go to for years in the winter was my sheep lined carhart vest with inner pockets, held my j frame smith stub nose & it never printed. Summer was an ankle holster for same piece in a gun free facility no less.

KensAuto:
185 bucks for a bag with a handle? Buddy, you need to lay off of the green-leafed cigarettes!!!

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on December 26, 2016, 02:17:06 PM ---185 bucks for a bag with a handle? Buddy, you need to lay off of the green-leafed cigarettes!!!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it's pricey which is why the wife bought it for me. I would still be using my old bag. The $185 was just the base bag too not including the accessories I just bought for interior so add another $75 then all the equipment that goes in it.

However, with all that said if it lasts as long as my range bag has (going on 22 years now) the per year cost is pretty affordable. Another way to look at it is how much do you pay for a good holster? I've spent a bill on a custom leather job before for one model gun. So it kinda depends on your perspective, green leaf cigs or not.....

On a similar note that I know YOU can relate to Ken, the big H donors are wanting an accounting of her campaign expenses I read.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version