0 (0%)
great idea, go for it
0 (0%)
don't quit your day job
4 (100%)
"i dont recall"
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Business idea: Turd shaped dog food?  (Read 3287 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Business idea: Turd shaped dog food?
« on: December 29, 2016, 07:14:13 PM »
so one of my dogs has an affinity for eating his own crap. So much so he tries to always sneak a snack in when we're not looking. He doesn't eat a lot of his food, but what if i were to develop a turd shaped/flavored dog food would he eat more? do you think it would be a good product to get on the market.

i sense a serious crowdfunder here...

Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Business idea: Turd shaped dog food?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:43:59 PM »
HAHAHHAA! IM DYING! I have the worlds smartest/dumbest lab....does the same thing....

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:46:38 PM »
Not uncommon, still gross!  Question: are you using a quality dog food?  Some do it as a "nutrition" thing, as in something is lacking, some it's behavioral, and some do it as a "pack protection" thing as in trying to hide presence of pups etc.  Reason I ask about quality of your feed, is that you might want to consider a higher quality product for two reasons:  Easier and more complete digestion of higher quality, therefore can actually feed less and attain a better result nutritionally for the dogs.

I feed Purina "performance" level of feed and a "sensitive stomach" low grain feed.  Not cheap, but not the most expensive either  30/20 Protien/Fat ratio for them.  With 3 Brittanys, I know and appreciate the "less to pick-up" aspect!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 08:00:47 PM »
Yeah we have this issue some times too. Ours is a female and I want to say I have heard of it more with females which leads me to think its a "hide the pups" kind of thing. And we feed pretty expensive stuff- either Blue Buffalo or Canidae so I don't know if the quality of the food is the issue?

I have heard of people sprinkling hot pepper on them to "dissuade" their dogs from doing it. I know some people use stuff like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Nutri-Vet-Nasty-Habit-Chewables-Count/dp/B003BAVUJQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483059460&sr=8-1&keywords=nasty+habit

A friend who used this (or something similar I don't know that it was this exact version) said it worked well but you have to keep feeding them to the dog or they will seek out the ones they pooped when they hadn't had the "medicine".

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
the idiot has done this since he was a puppy. we got him at a pet store (i still have receipt). its a common thing for dogs that come from stores. They eat food that's pretty much plated in gold and puts a serious dent in my budget each month, but in the end, they are both 10 years old and havent been a vet for anything other then shots and heart worm in.... 8 years, so i am ok with it.

he's got "problems". i also think he plays for the other team - he's been "different" since he went to a groomer back in 2007.

anyways, i call him a turd burglar and thought perhaps i could make some $ off his disgusting habits.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 09:01:06 PM »
Well, I take my golden retrievers turds and place them around trees or in shrubs where she tends to dig. It stops her from digging there & I swear she gives me a look similiar to what I probably wear when I see a couple light in the loafers together. I swear it's shear disgust on her face.....
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:29:54 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 09:35:21 PM »
I think Mrs. Stewie would object to me spreading my own jackson's around the yard to keep the turb burglar from eating his crap. I am scared to even ask if its an option. hahahaha

its insane that we have to scream at him to get him to leave his crap alone. It's like he gives birth to little retards and has to tend to them while they're warm. it's nasty.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:09 PM »
I have an alternate theory (from a cat person mind you ) your feed is sooo good he wants to eat it twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:46 PM »
I'm laughing so hard at this topic- not at anybody, just at the common experiences of all of us who've had a "special" dog or two!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
he's super special for sure. ever since that "visit" to the groomer where i've since thought he had started playing for the other team... the way he gets out attention is to whack things with his butt. Basically we just chalk it up to "well, he has butt problems", but he walks sideways like a U at times.

A few months ago: Our newest addition (anatolian shephard mix) is a lazy fricken dog. he has passed out for his 15th nap of the day and was awoken to the super special dog whacking the otomon with his rear end. his face was priceless. he was like "what da hell is wrong with that dog!?" he then passed out a few seconds later.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 09:58:15 AM by stewie »
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 09:51:43 AM »
I think he's just trying to help you out.
Less crap to shovel up!

2 of my shop dogs are afraid of there own crap, and I've done what Shawn talked about to prevent digging, but the 3rd dog, a young male, has your dog's issue.
One of the blue collar guys "so, they make something to make your dog's crap, taste like,. Uhhh,. Crap?" Lol

Sent from a spaceship

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »
I think he's just trying to help you out.
Less crap to shovel up!

2 of my shop dogs are afraid of there own crap, and I've done what Shawn talked about to prevent digging, but the 3rd dog, a young male, has your dog's issue.
One of the blue collar guys "so, they make something to make your dog's crap, taste like,. Uhhh,. Crap?" Lol

Sent from a spaceship

well, that dog likes to jump on the couch and bury his face into pillows and blankets. i have serious philosophical and moral issues with that.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 10:48:35 AM »
I want this topic to go away...

So, what about them Bengals?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »

Sorry Don - it's it's own thread......and a "crappy" one at that!  ROFLMAO  ;D

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »

are you "thread crappin"?
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 07:49:11 PM »
See how bad this is gettin'?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 07:52:08 PM »
I'm glad your bengals picked up that turd of a kicker we got rid of. ( see how I connected those ?)

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »
I'm glad your bengals picked up that turd of a kicker we got rid of. ( see how I connected those ?)

Yea, what a deal!

We used to have a kicker, Doug Pelfrey. He is a family friend...Wife used to work for him. He set the NFL record for most accurate field goal kicker.

Funny, one day Kat is talking to Doug. She was managing some spendy stuff he owns. She says to him, "I just don't see what the big deal is about running around and kicking a little ball!"

He invited her onto the field at the stadium. Was going to give her a quick lesson in kicking the little ball!... That's my wife...

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
can we get back on topic here?
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2016, 08:14:25 PM »
you have to shape them accordingly.............
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
you have to shape them accordingly.............

well, id have a "variety" bag of all the shapes kinda like those dorito explosions bags and then just bags of different shapes like "i ate the cats food", etc, etc.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
Roflmfao
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
so my largest dog (the anatolian shephard) was running around with what thought was a stick... which is odd because he never pays mind to said item. so me being naive say "odie, drop it!" he drops it in my hand. i scream "cat turd!!!!!!". my hand has been defiled. i may need to lop it off at this point.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 10:29:51 AM »

sometimes you just have to wait for these things to pass.   :wink:

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 10:33:16 AM »
so my largest dog (the anatolian shephard) was running around with what thought was a stick... which is odd because he never pays mind to said item. so me being naive say "odie, drop it!" he drops it in my hand. i scream "cat turd!!!!!!". my hand has been defiled. i may need to lop it off at this point.

You name a dog, ODIE and you wonder why it acts like the retarded dog from "Garfield".... :facepalm:

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 10:50:45 AM »

You name a dog, ODIE and you wonder why it acts like the retarded dog from "Garfield".... :facepalm:

we took him in because he was going to the shelter if we didn't. he's a big dopey bundle of love, but also a few fries short of a happy meal mentally.
im getting his a new name tag for his collar "disgusting dog" formerly known as odie.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 11:00:59 AM »
Very honorable, but remember, no good deed goes unpunished!  Lol!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 11:05:25 AM »
Very honorable, but remember, no good deed goes unpunished!  Lol!

and to think i am his legal counsel a lot of the times when it comes to my wife....
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 09:21:39 AM »
Thread locked too!

Man, this power/control thing is a rush!

Why: Cause it's dumb, that's why!

DOTs...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal