WEAPONS > Firearms

Passed Guns and Their Stories

<< < (4/4)

cj7ox:
The rifle and shotgun are back home in Alabama. I'll try to remember to take a pic of the pistol and post it.

Nate:
So i got 2 shotguns and 1 rifle from my grandfather.

The 2 shotguns:
1. Remington sportsman 12ga pump magnum.  If i remember correctly, i think he got this gun somewhere around the early to mid 80's

2. O. F. Mossberg and Sons model 185D 20ga bolt action shoutgun.  Just doing a little googlefu, this gun was manufactured somewhere between 1947-1950.  I hunted with this gun in the 80's.  This thing is in some serious need of love from a gunsmith, the action and barrel are loose, the bolt catch is really worn, and it looks as though 1 of the mounting screws came loose at some point and damaged the wood.  So i will have to get her into the gun dr and see what he says, hopefully i dont have to retire this beauty.

The Rifle:
1. A marlin glenfield model 60 .22lr W/ the 17/18 round magazine (its a felony to own this gun in NJ).  It looks like its in dang good shape, just needs a little love with the cleaning products.

Atkinsmatt:
I have one of those Glenfield Marlin model 60's.  Mine has a Squirrel on the hand grip right behind the trigger.  It is a tack driver.  Great guns passed along there.

Nate:
I got the one with the squirrel as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version