Hello Guest

Author Topic: Carry frequency..  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Carry frequency..
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:14:50 AM »
How often do you carry a firearm?

Do you bend the rules a bit if an establishment has a "no weapons" decal on the window? Government Municipalities are not included of course, that could be a bad deal.  I'm talking about restaurants, shops, etc.

I'm interested in who carries what and in what fashion.

I carry a Shield 9mm in a custom kydex at 6'oclock IWB.  I carry everywhere but inside work.. If allowed, I would every second of every day.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Online Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Carry frequency..
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:54:13 AM »
Everywhere it is legal.  If it is concealed they will never know unless it is needed and then they can throw me out.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:16:45 AM »
Everywhere it is legal.  If it is concealed they will never know unless it is needed and then they can throw me out.

X2 & will note otherwise that unless I'm going through a screening why would I take it off? Many times I forget it is on my person. I typically do not carry a large frame in this manner & would guess at this point unless you are looking for it wouldn't know as I interact with LEO (friends, kids coaches etc) on a weekly basis. Here again in a former life my job was as a GM over several facilities & I had a couple literal mental cases on staff. Work policy stated no carry but I valued everyone's life above that policy. Pretty sure I was only one who by passed that rule for years unknown. What's the saying, two can keep a secret if the other is dead. Don't tell anyone and be discreet.....
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:17:24 AM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:18:44 AM »
I carry everywhere, especially the places clearly marked on a door "Please attack here, I'm undefended and stupid"

It is not illegal to carry in places like a movie theater. The owner does have the right to not allow you to carry there. All they can do is to ask you to leave.

DO NOT ask me how I know that!

Schools, public places, you can't legally.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 09:48:16 AM »
Pretty rare I conceal carry locally, there is just no need. That said, I am very rarely too far from my pickup,and it's weapons. I do often open carry the Beretta 92, but around here, open carry is a rather normal deal.

If we go to the city, I slip the little Kimber .380 in a pocket and no one has ever noticed. But we tend to avoid cities with great effort.

I am thankful we live where one doesn't need to concern themselves much about that at this point.

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 10:57:15 AM »
I carry everywhere, especially the places clearly marked on a door "Please attack here, I'm undefended and stupid"

It is not illegal to carry in places like a movie theater. The owner does have the right to not allow you to carry there. All they can do is to ask you to leave.

I always thought that if, (this would probably never happen except perhaps some rural places) that at schools, there aught to be a number, based on student body size, that are allowed to carry if training was done and maintained.  They would need to carry discreetly and not let it be known.  Only the principal would know. 

But again, there are to many idiots that didn't don't think any school shooting was enough to go that route. 

I can't help but think in so many situations where these COWARDS go into unarmed masses and murder, it could have been stopped if someone was there to make a difference. 
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »

I always thought that if, (this would probably never happen except perhaps some rural places) that at schools, there aught to be a number, based on student body size, that are allowed to carry if training was done and maintained.  They would need to carry discreetly and not let it be known.  Only the principal would know. 

But again, there are to many idiots that didn't don't think any school shooting was enough to go that route. 

I can't help but think in so many situations where these COWARDS go into unarmed masses and murder, it could have been stopped if someone was there to make a difference. 
I was on the local school board once. I argued for just that. We had a soldier and Marine or two on staff as teachers. I tried to get it passed to have them weapon up and place a locked up 12 gage in the principals office. Those people would have none of it, and I am no longer on the school board. I was in an appointed slot, which I did not get reappointed to...

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
i avoid crowded, congested areas. It actually makes me anxious when i know i have to or may have to go into a city or crowded area.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 12:32:17 PM »

I was on the local school board once. I argued for just that. We had a soldier and Marine or two on staff as teachers. I tried to get it passed to have them weapon up and place a locked up 12 gage in the principals office. Those people would have none of it, and I am no longer on the school board. I was in an appointed slot, which I did not get reappointed to...

AH!  They must have talked behind closed doors, maybe at ones home while MSNBC played in the background and decided to not have you come back.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
i avoid crowded, congested areas. It actually makes me anxious when i know i have to or may have to go into a city or crowded area.

Stewie, I agree.  I live in the country and commute everyday to the big ole city for work.  I am a construction super and my job locations change but sometimes downtown at 4 am or late at night is a suspicious place.  Oh I and generally don't like people.  :laugh:  Only kidding, I like them, as far as I can throw them.  I despise being in the city but I can navigate it when I have to.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 12:57:24 PM »
I carry most every where, except at work (I had to sign an agreement that I wouldn't, with a detailed description of the consequences if I broke it. Gotta put food on the table.), or if I intend to do a bit of drinking. I only do that in low risk areas, and with friends. I keep a pistol in my truck all the time except when going onto a federal military installation. My EDC is a commander sized M1911, in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWC with matching 2mag carrier. Comfortable, and pistol/mags disappear even with a fress shirt tucked in.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »
CJ, soooo what your saying is.....you carry a 1911......IWB.....and it's comfortable? And it disappears??? IIIIInteresting.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
Since we are king of on subject.  Curious what your employers rules are for firearms on company property.  I am not allowed to have any firearm on company property.  This includes a cased rifle or shotgun inside a locked vehicle parked in the company parking lot.  The only exception is you can have a concealed weapon in your vehicle if you have a concealed carry permit.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »

Stewie, I agree.  I live in the country and commute everyday to the big ole city for work.  I am a construction super and my job locations change but sometimes downtown at 4 am or late at night is a suspicious place.  Oh I and generally don't like people.  :laugh:  Only kidding, I like them, as far as I can throw them.  I despise being in the city but I can navigate it when I have to.

i do the same. i commute in a few days a week and work remote the rest. my office is outside of the "big city" but i am still caught in a lot of commuter traffic on the way in.

my wife and daughter know i hate, hate hate malls and places like ikea (one way in and out). I loathe going into places like those. everyone has their heads up their asses and if something went down it would be a cattle stampede of chaos. If we do go to placed like that its on off hours.

@ movie theaters, i am usually where i can see who comes and goes and near an exit. We did get stuck in an isle blocked off by a couple that were larger then life. We planned for that, too.

The post a cop out in front of the theater on the weekend. I guess i am supposed to feel safer by that.

The rest i'll keep for myself.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »
CJ, soooo what your saying is.....you carry a 1911......IWB.....and it's comfortable? And it disappears??? IIIIInteresting.
What he's not telling you is he had a large section of his torso surgically removed to fit the 1911!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »
My boss allows carry. I keep one under the office desk, and one in my tool box. I'm usually at one of those 2 places throughout the day.

...had to get a bigger toolbox with double roller drawers to accomodate the 1911 tho. (thought I would jab myself before hippy or Tex could chime in)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Spacecase544

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »
If I leave the house, I'm carrying.  Often, I am carrying around the house.  I don't de-gun just because I got home.  If I am in my garage, I bring a gun in with me and it's on the toolbox.

Tennessee has very strict laws on how to label no firearms areas, and as a law abiding citizen, I obey the laws that are enforcable and not in violation of my rights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 05:38:53 PM »

I'm 6'2" and 230. Doesn't print at all, unless I do toe touches. I carry at about 4 o'clock (IOW just behind the front part of my right side back pocket). My 1911 has a 4" barrel. The single stack mag of a 1911 makes them much thinner than any double stack mag auto. In fact, my full size 1911 was more concealable than my Glock 27 for that very same reason.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »
What he's not telling you is he had a large section of his torso surgically removed to fit the 1911!
LOL! I was part of a government genetic engineering program specifically designed around that great work of art designed by Mr. John Moses Browning.  :wink:
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 05:44:06 PM »
Since we are king of on subject.  Curious what your employers rules are for firearms on company property.  I am not allowed to have any firearm on company property.  This includes a cased rifle or shotgun inside a locked vehicle parked in the company parking lot.  The only exception is you can have a concealed weapon in your vehicle if you have a concealed carry permit.

Rules for me are the same. I work as a government contractor, teach college ROTC. Even if the campus allows concealed carry, I would not be "allowed" to due to the contract specifications.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 06:05:37 PM »

Bear we actually carry at our company functions, like the Xmas party at a big venue last December.  HAHA our owners are pretty laid back and accept "some" of us are very conscientious gun owners and have NO problem. It's an insurance/liability thing.  When you are shopping policies for a company with 80+ employees or whatever, there is a :Part D subsection whattheheckever that we have to go by to be covered.  That's one of the main reasons it can't be done.  Otherwise, it's just on the job site. My 9mm is always in the truck if it's not on me.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »
I carry.  I know the consequences of carrying where it is not allowed. If I carry there I am prepared to face those consequences.  If I choose to not carry I'm in a "yellowish orange" condition and have an edged weapon very ready. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 07:35:18 PM »
I carry.  I know the consequences of carrying where it is not allowed. If I carry there I am prepared to face those consequences.  If I choose to not carry I'm in a "yellowish orange" condition and have an edged weapon very ready. 

bright, compact flashlights work wonders as well. My streamlight protac 2L is an edc item and can disorient and mess up someones game from 20-30 feet away.
i know.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2017, 08:02:30 PM »
I too carry a mag-tac flashlight and a benchmade if I'm not carrying, and when I do! I got a kydex holster for my magtac and leatherman at Clevelandkydex online.  Very decent.

My wife won't go to the movies unless I carry.  And we ain't going to no mall.  Our Christmas shopping is done online and early.  Let them crazies deal with that sh#t.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2017, 08:57:15 PM »
LOL! I was part of a government genetic engineering program specifically designed around that great work of art designed by Mr. John Moses Browning.  :wink:
I was a part of that same project...to see if an armee soldier could operate just as effectively without a brain. I helped prove the concept and created the warrant officer branch!
True story

or not...

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »
Everywhere except work (against policy, persona non grata style), and where it's against the law (schools, govt buildings), and obviously where there not allowed and there is screening (sports stadiums, etc). I give a nice half smile when I see the signs at the theater, and even talked to our local police about legal ramifications of giving the same little smile to the "not allowed" signs at the state fairgrounds. Basically, if I'm not gonna land in jail if exposed, that's the decision criteria.

Also, I will say, I will disarm if I've had a couple drinks and decide to have "one more", even at home. At that point to me the decision is one or the other, not both.

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Superwhdm

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 06:50:32 AM »
Everywhere except work (against policy, persona non grata style), and where it's against the law (schools, govt buildings), and obviously where there not allowed and there is screening (sports stadiums, etc). I give a nice half smile when I see the signs at the theater, and even talked to our local police about legal ramifications of giving the same little smile to the "not allowed" signs at the state fairgrounds. Basically, if I'm not gonna land in jail if exposed, that's the decision criteria.

Also, I will say, I will disarm if I've had a couple drinks and decide to have "one more", even at home. At that point to me the decision is one or the other, not both.

I agree.  Maybe 1 beer out.  Maybe 2 at home.  That is just a force multiplier against me if I ever had to make a decision involving a firearm.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:00:24 AM by nmeyer414 »
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 09:05:49 AM »

I agree.  Maybe 1 beer out.  Maybe 2 at home.  That is just a force multiplier against me if I ever had to make a decision involving a firearm.

On that note, I'd say this: If you are in an area where you feel a threat, or suspect it is there, then do not drink. Drinking slows down your mind, reflexes, dulls everything and opens you to recourse. The reality of Black lives matter being more important than police in this upside down world mandates we stay up on the ready. Spouse partaking is OK, but we stand guard over ours.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 10:59:33 AM »
i dont think when i am out. i only get ferschnickered at home, but never messed up enough where i dont know what i am doing. i know my limits.
Equal Opportunity Hater

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal