Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hide Site/Bug-out location Construction, Part 4  (Read 95509 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Hide Site/Bug-out location Construction, Part 4
« Reply #800 on: August 05, 2017, 12:43:20 AM »
I just visited the ole DF forum for giggles. Heck, I didn't even know that the new Dmax engine finally came out...the L5P...with 910 ft lbs! There you go, I just spent the rest of your money.

Oh, your "My Build thread" is still one of the top viewed threads at 1.6 million, and square d is almost 1 million views. (more useless info)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: August 05, 2017, 07:24:52 AM »
ryan, once Don gets SqD running he can remove the topper on the CMax and install a GN hitch and bags......

For once, I'm thinking positively Don. 
https://youtu.be/qztuEucrNBc
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: August 05, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
What makes the "farm" a farm legally speaking?  As far as I can tell you don't have any crops or livestock?
In the KY, has to be 10 acres or more, and you need to file a form F with your taxes annually.

Without knowing  ky laws I would guess that allows you to plate that dump truck with farm plates.  It doesn't make it legal for you to drive it down the road without a CDL.  In Wisconsin at the age of 12 you can take a tractor safety course that allows you to drive an "impliment of husbandry" on or off the road.   That means you can drive a tractor, atv, truck, etc. for farm purposes.  It isn't legal for anybody to just jump on the tractor and take it in to town to get groceries.  The important part is that it is for farm purposes.   
That 12 yr old with a tractor safety certificate is technically legal to drive a semi tractor pulling a grain trailer from a field to the farm also.  They are not legal to pull that same load to the mill to dump the grain though.  That trip requires a CDL.  I'm not sure what exactly the verbage of the law is that states that.
I would just make sure you fully understand the laws for your area before you buy a dump truck.  I'm sure you could make a few trips without a problem, but with how many you are talking about eventually you are going to draw somebody's attention and you aren't going to be able to play stupid.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: August 05, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »
Bear, this is the state I remind you that allows trailers to be on the road without working tail lights legally......

Right, wrong or otherwise this is the tuck & why the states that boarder it refer to those flapping unsecured blue trailer tarps as Ky flags!

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: August 05, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
Those exemptions are often referred to as agrarian purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: August 05, 2017, 09:39:39 AM »
I'm going to agree with the Skid steer idea, plus with attachments it should make your jobs on the farm alot easier.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: August 05, 2017, 10:51:23 AM »
Speaking of the truck that is being turned back to earth due to time, did you figure out a way to get someone to get to run right for ya? So you don't have to fight with it...

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: August 05, 2017, 12:16:06 PM »
What makes the "farm" a farm legally speaking?  As far as I can tell you don't have any crops or livestock?
In the KY, has to be 10 acres or more, and you need to file a form F with your taxes annually.

Without knowing  ky laws I would guess that allows you to plate that dump truck with farm plates.  It doesn't make it legal for you to drive it down the road without a CDL.  In Wisconsin at the age of 12 you can take a tractor safety course that allows you to drive an "impliment of husbandry" on or off the road.   That means you can drive a tractor, atv, truck, etc. for farm purposes.  It isn't legal for anybody to just jump on the tractor and take it in to town to get groceries.  The important part is that it is for farm purposes.   
That 12 yr old with a tractor safety certificate is technically legal to drive a semi tractor pulling a grain trailer from a field to the farm also.  They are not legal to pull that same load to the mill to dump the grain though.  That trip requires a CDL.  I'm not sure what exactly the verbage of the law is that states that.
I would just make sure you fully understand the laws for your area before you buy a dump truck.  I'm sure you could make a few trips without a problem, but with how many you are talking about eventually you are going to draw somebody's attention and you aren't going to be able to play stupid.
No,

A farmer operating a vehicle requiring a CDL  for farming purposes of his farm does not require a CDL in the state of KY

KSP:

DRIVER TESTING BRANCH CDL FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This page features a number of common frequently asked questions we receive at the Kentucky State Police Driver Testing Branch.  If you have a question and cannot find the answer to it on this page, please feel free to contact us for the answer by clicking here.

Q. Do I need a CDL?

A.

If the manufacturer's weight rating (GVWR/GCWR) of your power unit is 26,001 pounds or greater and you pull something 10,001 or greater you need a class "A" CDL.
If the manufacturer's weight rating (GVWR) of your single vehicle is 26,001 pounds or greater you need a class "B" CDL.
If your vehicle is designed to carry 16 or more persons to include the driver, that meets neither the definition of a group A or group B vehicle, You need a class "C" CDL.
Does your vehicle carry placarded hazardous materials? If the answer is yes you need a class "C" CDL. This applies to a vehicle with a manufacturer's weight rating that is less than 26,001 pounds. Any single vehicle having a GVWR over 26,001 would require a class "B" license, a class "A" would be required if you attach a trailer with a GVWR greater than 10,000 lbs. A class "C" CDL for example would be required for a car transporting medical oxygen cylinders for home deliveries because it would be required to be placarded.
Q. Do farmers need a CDL to operate a vehicle 26,001 pounds or greater pulling something 10,001 pounds or greater? Or driving a vehicle 26,001 pounds or greater with no trailer?

A. No, not as long as the use is inside the Commonwealth of Kentucky or is within 150 miles of your farm if you have entered another state and the use is farm related.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 12:23:10 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: August 05, 2017, 12:27:37 PM »
Speaking of the truck that is being turned back to earth due to time, did you figure out a way to get someone to get to run right for ya? So you don't have to fight with it...

No,
And I will never work to give away my money
If a shop tells me something like they will call or come and gives me a date like this week, or next wednesday for sure...And they do not meet their own commitment, I am done with them...Breach of integrity in keeping their word
Translates like this to me, "Sir we replaced the bearings." Truth: they tuned the thing and wiped the grease off the screw heads. Loss of trust is hard to regain.

I don't care if it takes ten years I'll find the right person or sit on it.

If we can verify Tex or someone else is having panic attacks over this, I'll try and move a bit quicker

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: August 05, 2017, 12:31:28 PM »

No,
And I will never work to give away my money
If a shop tells me something like they will call or come and gives me a date like this week, or next wednesday for sure...And they do not meet their own commitment, I am done with them...Breach of integrity in keeping their word
Translates like this to me, "Sir we replaced the bearings." Truth: they tuned the thing and wiped the grease off the screw heads. Loss of trust is hard to regain.

I don't care if it takes ten years I'll find the right person or sit on it.

If we can verify Tex or someone else is having panic attacks over this, I'll try and move a bit quicker

Never expected that shop to get your business after dropping the ball.

I was hoping for a different shop or maybe you found someone, most likely on here, that you could bring to the truck....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 05, 2017, 12:33:17 PM »
Bear, this is the state I remind you that allows trailers to be on the road without working tail lights legally......

Right, wrong or otherwise this is the tuck & why the states that boarder it refer to those flapping unsecured blue trailer tarps as Ky flags!
Say what you will, but the truth is that we enjoy far less government oversight and control, which in effect makes us freer. So yea, that blue tarp may come loose from the trailer in front of me, wrap around my windshield and cause me to drive over a thousand foot cliff. But given that, I prefer that freedom over some kid in a uniform who doesn't like me because of the 101st decal in my rear window pulling me over to stress test the zip ties on my shoelaces to see if they meet government specification.

We say it often. stay where you are if you like what you see. We chose too!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 05, 2017, 12:36:28 PM »
Just got back from looking over a "Big Tex" 14,000 lb, 14 foot dump trailer.

I must say, those are impressive.

Quoted me $7,000 + tax

I wanted a solar charger, spare tire, ramps, and a pintle/lunette ring

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 05, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »

Say what you will, but the truth is that we enjoy far less government oversight and control, which in effect makes us freer. So yea, that blue tarp may come loose from the trailer in front of me, wrap around my windshield and cause me to drive over a thousand foot cliff. But given that, I prefer that freedom over some kid in a uniform who doesn't like me because of the 101st decal in my rear window pulling me over to stress test the zip ties on my shoelaces to see if they meet government specification.

I was just trying to give bear a little insight into the Tuck, no offense intended. Stay away from flapping blue tarps & cliffs, copy! :wink:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 05, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »
no panic attack yet.  I am, however having a hard time lifting my arms above my head.  Driving t posts with a manual post driver in soil that is about as hard as concrete is no bueno.....

I am however, just barely able to lift my budweiser to my lips....so all is good
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 05, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »
Wow that was a whole lot of sales on a tractor and a dump trailer that non of y'all boys are getting a kick back on.  Any of you guys in sales

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 05, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »

I was just trying to give bear a little insight into the Tuck, no offense intended. Stay away from flapping blue tarps & cliffs, copy! :wink:
No offence taken my friend

Now

You're fired

Naw, just kiddin...Maybe... ;-)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 05, 2017, 10:02:28 PM »
Ken & I became independent contractors some time ago...... :popcorn:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 05, 2017, 11:42:55 PM »
That's crap!

Now how can I have people in control of my site that I have no control over?

I just don't get it...

Makes no sense

How did we get to this point? ;-)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 06, 2017, 12:01:51 AM »
Worse yet, Shawn told me to fire YOU !!! Buahahaha

Just looked at a used dump trailer today, from the same people I got the 5 ton from (a used car lot). It's one of those "slightly extremely used landscaper models" that typically go for 5k new. I asked how much, he says 5795.00 (weird number but whatever). I said look, I've got cash, lets talk about this....that's more than it was when new!. He counters with, "ok, I'll take 5595.00". I just shook my head and told him he was on crack, then drove away.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: August 06, 2017, 12:08:07 AM »
Well, you did buy the 5 ton?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 06, 2017, 08:40:51 AM »
Don, I believe control is a fleeting illusion.......

Also, you may already know this, but if you are having material delivered its cheaper to bring in bigger trucks.  The belly dumps carry 26 tons a trip and can at least lay a long strip of material along the road as they dump

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: August 06, 2017, 09:04:54 AM »
That's crap!

Now how can I have people in control of my site that I have no control over?

I just don't get it...

Makes no sense

How did we get to this point? ;-)

Not sure really, I think it was all Kens idea & well you know his affinity for H so let's just blame her for now. But I'm sure with some help from the media it will be those same pesky Russians again!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 06, 2017, 10:37:02 AM »
Ouch JR... just ouch.  ... but I deserved it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 06, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »
Ouch JR... just ouch.  ... but I deserved it

Hey, the story's are great. Have a couple of those under my belt.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #825 on: August 06, 2017, 07:40:05 PM »

Quoted me $7,000 + tax

:likebutton:

Would highly recommend the roll up tarp cover too. We thought we could get away without it.... wrong. Just added it, worth every penny.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:40:40 PM by Dawg25385 »
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 06, 2017, 07:41:01 PM »
Don, I believe control is a fleeting illusion.......

Also, you may already know this, but if you are having material delivered its cheaper to bring in bigger trucks.  The belly dumps carry 26 tons a trip and can at least lay a long strip of material along the road as they dump
Ain't gonna happen!

Truckers refuse to come down my "road" with anything other than a single axle...

That very truck blew a tire out on a delivery to my property...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 06, 2017, 07:50:55 PM »

Quoted me $7,000 + tax

Would highly recommend the roll up tarp cover too. We thought we could get away without it.... wrong. Just added it, worth every penny.
Dawg,

You and your dad have a Big Tex, right?

OK, well looking at some other brands I see some deficiencies with the BT trailer.

The BT 14K dumper only has two internal tie rings and they are in the back...???

Looking underneath the bed reinforcing seems all wrong. I mean the dump part main rails do not line up with the lower frame. The reinforcing longitudinal channels do not rest on the lower frame at all!!! What the heck is that about???

They use 10 gage, and I guess that is adequate, but barely. Kaufman trailers, for instance uses 3/16", like almost 30% thicker in the floor.

The sides of the BT trailer are nor reinforced in the middle with a longitudinal rib. Just sheet steel bottom to top. Others weld in a 3"-4" wide box channel half way up, vastly strengthening the sides.

I may be missing the point, but I am not seeing the best quality in the BT trailers by far.

Am I wrong or just expecting too much?

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 06, 2017, 07:57:50 PM »

Quoted me $7,000 + tax

Dawg,

You and your dad have a Big Tex, right?

OK, well looking at some other brands I see some deficiencies with the BT trailer.

The BT 14K dumper only has two internal tie rings and they are in the back...???

Looking underneath the bed reinforcing seems all wrong. I mean the dump part main rails do not line up with the lower frame. The reinforcing longitudinal channels do not rest on the lower frame at all!!! What the heck is that about???

They use 10 gage, and I guess that is adequate, but barely. Kaufman trailers, for instance uses 3/16", like almost 30% thicker in the floor.

The sides of the BT trailer are nor reinforced in the middle with a longitudinal rib. Just sheet steel bottom to top. Others weld in a 3"-4" wide box channel half way up, vastly strengthening the sides.

I may be missing the point, but I am not seeing the best quality in the BT trailers by far.

Am I wrong or just expecting too much?

Oh no, you're probably right on. I'm not saying it's the best out there... thats just what we have. And I just linked to the Big Tex because I knew they had a 14k bumper pull that I had remembered seeing. We have a dealer in my hometown, Dad likes them, and the price was the biggest factor when we were looking. Like i think Shawn stated, Bri-Mar is better quality, and i think Load Trial is as well. Knowing that you're going to be hauling a lot of rock, I'd prob look for a better quality model with a scissor lift.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 06, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »
And...

This Big Tex is the most expensive!

That Kaufman, I believe which placed bed stiffeners every 12" was like $6,600

Most I have found run in the mid 6K range, and most others have 4-5 tiedowns, bed longitudinal stiffeners and on and on.

Also the other brands mostly include the ramps for free, but BT charges for them.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 06, 2017, 09:00:54 PM »
Kaufman, bri-mar & load n trail most likely in that order I would guess for quality. We had a load n trail 25k GN at steel shop that we abused for years and other than rewiring it once and some suspension components it took our abuse well.

I once had a big Tex 24' 14k GN think they called it a landscape trailer. It had sides on it about 2' tall and the top rail for the sides was 3" sq tube. It was a super light equipment trailer that I could haul the EB, atv's and skid loader or tractors on when needed. Loved that trailer.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:03:45 PM by stlaser »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 06, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »
I think the lift system and how it attaches to the bed is if not the most important very close to  the top of the list. You do not want anything lifted high in the air to be flopping around while trying to dump or spread. Not the best to have the whole thing laying on its side or worse just the bed laying on its side.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 06, 2017, 10:48:06 PM »
Don, also remember that the heavier the trailer the less payload you have.  You can make a very heavily reinforced trailer but if its overkill then it takes away from your payload.

Food for thought

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 06, 2017, 11:34:46 PM »
TRN, it's the Tuck recall they can overload those heavy trailers and get away with it.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 06, 2017, 11:47:52 PM »
Yeah even on my BT with a payload of 5k, I know for a fact it will dump over 7k of gravel lol

NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
Don, also remember that the heavier the trailer the less payload you have.  You can make a very heavily reinforced trailer but if its overkill then it takes away from your payload.

Food for thought
I plan to keep it all within the range limits as far as I am concerned.

But here's something. THe Big Texas trailer, which is a satisfactory unit, I think, has a 14K MGW. For $380 more, one can upgrade to "G" rated tires, and that gets you a GWT of 14K...No change

Another make, (Perhaps Kaufman??) has the base 14 X 83" wide dumper rated at 14K MGW. The buyer can opt for extra a reinforced chassis and get a 15K MGW. Buyer can also opt for reinforced frame and "G" rated tires and get a 16K MGW, one ton more, but with some added weight. I would think the added weight would come in less than 500 lbs, so I'd be looking at legally being able to transport another 1,500 lbs of gravel or whatever, and really, whatever they poured in...

On the dumper loads I had hauled in last week, two loade came in at something just under 10K, so they were paying attention to that number. But one load was over 12K, a ton over GWT. Driver didn't seem to think it mattered much. (Read: No one checks, so who cares!)

To Bob,
I agree, it is important to get a strong attachment between dumper and chassis.
So what is that exactly?
I really don't know...
Most trailers seem to have a scissors lift with power up, and power down. THen quite a few have a dual cylinder lift system that is power up and gravity down. Then a few have an extension hydraulic single cylinder design that is a bit weird looking to say the least, thinking I'll just avoid that one.
So it's dual hydro cylinder or single scissors lift...But which one?

To the general population of boneheads and knuckle heads:

Then there's other features like grease zerks.

Some have them, some do not.

Assuming every trailer can haul gravel for a lifetime, it could come down to some convenience features like style of ramps, tie-downs, grease zerks, under bed storage. and even the way the gate is held open.

Some require you to lift and catch a spring/dog, while others you just fling open and a mechanical device catches and holds (Convenience).

Then finally, there is cost. Cost is mugo important as well, but I wouldn't trifle over a few hundred clams, I'd say the threshold for tipping the scale money wise vs something simple would be $300 ish, something more important, $500, with the assumption that the trailer checks all the big blocks to my satisfaction.

Hmmm, just noted a problem here. I went normal style this morning, sheddin' my Kintuckee vernacular...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:19:03 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 07, 2017, 09:20:12 AM »
Dual cylinder only, didn't realize some still used single on the large units. In the past speaking with guys that have used them the singles wouldn't dump an overloaded trailer. However, the dual cylinder units I have never heard that complaint. Dual cylinder should be more stable, think less stress on hinge points etc.

I had the two Way gate feature on mine & it's worth the extra to me. If I was dumping gravel I could chain & tail gate it. If I was dumping a load of fire wood I could split them and lock them open to either side. Very handy....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:23:29 AM by stlaser »

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 07, 2017, 09:38:27 AM »
Do you mean dual acting (power up and down) or a pair of cylinders?

I think a scissors lift is better than a pair of cylinders.  With the correct ram a single will be able to lift just as much as two.  On the dual cylinder designs the cylinders are giving it structure when raised.  The scissor lift gives it structure while raised making it stronger on uneven ground etc..  On a scissor style the ram is only lifting the load.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 07, 2017, 10:19:27 AM »
Dang my choices are much less complicated....can I afford it, or can't I...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 07, 2017, 10:21:24 AM »
Dang my choices are much less complicated....can I afford it, or can't I...

H says you can't....... now back to work!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #840 on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
Do you mean dual acting (power up and down) or a pair of cylinders?

I think a scissors lift is better than a pair of cylinders.  With the correct ram a single will be able to lift just as much as two.  On the dual cylinder designs the cylinders are giving it structure when raised.  The scissor lift gives it structure while raised making it stronger on uneven ground etc..  On a scissor style the ram is only lifting the load.

Bear, the logic backed by the engineering is there no doubt. However, I would highly suggest if he goes with the single scissor he speaks with an owner or two that have them & see if they've run into any issues. Maybe it's only low quality units that use too small of a single or the engineering isn't correct idk. However, I have known of 2 or 3 guys with this setup in the past who were not happy.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: August 07, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
My trailer has a scissors lift which is rated higher than the GVW of the trailer. Attachment points on the underside of bed are quite wide and beefy, and it has a large cylinder with power up only. It has raised every load that has been put on it and a few were a bit/lots over the weight limit. The advantage of a power up only system is the battery will provide many more cycles before needing recharged. I have spread many loads of gravel and never once did the bed not come down on its own when only dumping a partial load.  Hinge pins need to be strong and kept greased and not allowed to become sloppy, or trouble is in the works. Yes, a multi use end gate is a very important feature. I have seen broken or bent cylinders on trailers that used a pair, they do have to extend farther and are subject to more stress. Am sure there are stronger built ones that hold up fine, but there are some pretty weak dump trailers out there.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 07, 2017, 03:25:54 PM »
I think he should just build his own.....

:popcorn:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:20:33 PM by JR »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 07, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
I think he should just build his own.....

:popcorn

I just had flash backs to the tac topper! :popcorn:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:35:00 PM by stlaser »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 07, 2017, 04:49:02 PM »
You mean this one?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 07, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »
You mean this one?

That would be the one, vision of pre rangers with sawzalls....

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: August 07, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »
I have a feeling we're going to have to fire Don again. :)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 07, 2017, 06:35:09 PM »
I have a feeling we're going to have to fire Don again. :)

I have a feeling you keep that photo on "quick draw" just for such occasions!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 07, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »
Been a while since I've saw that pic.
Thanks for the flashback!

Now, I'm sure someone's getting fired.
 :popcorn:
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: August 07, 2017, 07:10:08 PM »
Someone's gettin' fired, that's for sure

Gave me a PTSD (Post topper stress disorder) attack!

Soon as I figure who's at the heart of this, they're gone

No matter what happens here I always suspect Ken and his ornery brother in the rockies. Seems some of those rocks match up pretty well with what they have in their heads!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal