Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wife nearly pulled CC last night early this morning in a parking garage  (Read 3384 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
I don't know all the details yet as I was pretty well still asleep when she arrived home early this morning from my macallan 18 night cap & she is sleeping in a bit this am. However, what I do know is she had her purse compartment unzipped & hand on her g43. Apparently some junkie was coming at her or following her saying she had a baby in her trunk. Crazy, but people can be I guess. At some point she was able to alert security to the threat & never had to use force.

Once she gets up this morning I'm going to go over the whole thing with her. Try to find things she could have done better & use it as a learning experience. She has taken a couple training classes & we shoot regularly but this being a first incident I think there is plenty to discuss.

Feeling very blessed she was able to get out of the situation without any harm. Normally I would have been with her however my back was pretty sore from a workout so I took a drink and was in bed when she had to leave. Glad she has taken the time and energy to make sure she isn't an easy victim.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Glad your better half is protected

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
I would say she handled it perfectly...recognized an "issue" and was ready to handle it if it had gone south. But also kept the presence of mind to alert security so they could deal with it. And afterwards no one even knows she was carrying so no bs about that. I would give her an A+....and very glad it didn't escalate.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
So apparently as she was pulling into the garage she saw this guy walking away from the structure. Being that it was night she had unzipped her purse before getting out of vehicle. She was parking in the 15 min area on the lower level near the building entrance. Once she got out of the vehicle the guy yelled "hey" at her. Initially she thought it was security telling her to park elsewhere. Then realized it wasn't. Guy was about 20' from her and told her he needed in her trunk because there was a baby inside it & that they were in Los Angeles which was not true. She made eye contact and told him to leave in a loud voice. She believes the fact she didn't back up and was forceful was what made the guy turn and walk away. At this point she proceeded inside rather quickly and alerted security which went out & dealt with him.

Not much I could correct her on as she seemed to do everything right. I told her I might have pulled the gun if I were her to have it at the ready as 20' is fairly close. Her response was if he would have come at me have gotten shot.  :tongue: well ok......... :popcorn:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
 Glad to hear she's ok.  I tell mine too shoot through the purse
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Glad to hear she's ok.  I tell mine too shoot through the purse

Glad it worked out OK for her. My wife carries a hammerless S/W revolver either in her coat pocket or purse just for that reason.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Yeah, she had a j frame airweight but it jumped in her small hands & hurt. Heck it jumps around in my big paws. Bought her the g43 & she loves it like no other pistol.

So I used this experience to reiterate how & what you say to the police after a shooting. No offense to all of you law enforcement guys but the fifth is my friend if and until my lawyer is present. She's allowed to tell them she feared for her life then go into the fifth. Not our job to fill in the blanks immediately for law enforcement the way I figure it.

Online Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Right on Shawn, biggest thing is to keep ones mouth shut no matter how much they try to intimidate you.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Another crazy person...So many of them these days

Glad she's fine, happier that she was thinking throughout the "Experience"

Had an incident at Church today. My security team was alerted while we were doing some checks outside the building. Some homeless guy came in and started to ask for money.

I decided to turn it into a training event. I told two members to confront him, control him and talk him out of the building. If he turned physical, then wrap him up and get him outside.

This guy, a black man started giving one of my guys some mouth. The security person was having none of it and although controlled, it was escalating. I stepped in, and tried to talk him down. I explained that he wasn't getting any money, or a place to stay or food until monday morning.

He starts telling me my people and one of the ushers were calling him a "N"

I looked him straight in the eye and told him that wasn't true. I then explained to him that his poor choices had placed him in this position, but he argued that white people hated blacks and that was the reason he was homeless. Again, I said that was not true and it was his poor choices that landed him where he was.

Then something wierd happened. He said the man who I had just sent in who was under my observation from the first second had called him a Ni&&er! I felt something and said to another security guy that I had seen demon possessed people do this. That's when he got all squirmy. I mean his facial expression changed, he backed up, hands in pockets which causes us to alert. Hands = guns or knives.

SO that was it. We told him the game was up, time to go, and he did... Just made me feel wierd with that, "What just happened" feeling
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Right on Shawn, biggest thing is to keep ones mouth shut no matter how much they try to intimidate you.

Well, she's not intimidated in the least by law enforcement. She started her leadership in an ER setting nick named the gun & knife club (inner city you get the idea) where law enforcement would bring criminals in often times after they had tuned them up. They would try to boss her around as well, unfortunately some needed reminded that they don't have the same authority in her facility as other places. So in her case it's just getting her to understand to keep her mouth closed and did I mention she's female?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Wife nearly pulled CC last night early this morning in a parking garage
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 09:13:31 PM »
Another crazy person...So many of them these days

Glad she's fine, happier that she was thinking throughout the "Experience"

Had an incident at Church today. My security team was alerted while we were doing some checks outside the building. Some homeless guy came in and started to ask for money.

I decided to turn it into a training event. I told two members to confront him, control him and talk him out of the building. If he turned physical, then wrap him up and get him outside.

This guy, a black man started giving one of my guys some mouth. The security person was having none of it and although controlled, it was escalating. I stepped in, and tried to talk him down. I explained that he wasn't getting any money, or a place to stay or food until monday morning.

He starts telling me my people and one of the ushers were calling him a "N"

I looked him straight in the eye and told him that wasn't true. I then explained to him that his poor choices had placed him in this position, but he argued that white people hated blacks and that was the reason he was homeless. Again, I said that was not true and it was his poor choices that landed him where he was.

Then something wierd happened. He said the man who I had just sent in who was under my observation from the first second had called him a Ni&&er! I felt something and said to another security guy that I had seen demon possessed people do this. That's when he got all squirmy. I mean his facial expression changed, he backed up, hands in pockets which causes us to alert. Hands = guns or knives.

SO that was it. We told him the game was up, time to go, and he did... Just made me feel wierd with that, "What just happened" feeling

She's a smart girl, not sure how I lucked out but that is another discussion.

My experience is most people are cowardly to some degree, insane or otherwise. This guy for instance last night with my wife. She never gave an inch, all 5' of her. In fact a little to my dismay she moved towards him. She did say he was in clear view & could see her hand in her purse. My response was it amazes me these people have no idea how close their lives were to ending.

The other thing you touched on is how many are affected by possession of some sort, it is running rampant through our society. Once you believe it is possible to be possessed then start looking for it the signs are clear.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 12:08:58 AM »
Glad she kept a clear head and did the right thing. Being quiet is golden many times.

Not to argue Shawn, but having been in those situations a few times I found it was better to get along as it is their house. Always worked out, but I had been asked don't go here, remove this, no guns in here. Nope.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 05:19:57 AM »
JR, it was never anything like remove your weapon etc. it was more hippa based etc if you're familiar. Well, and that one time the psych patient who was supposed to be under officer supervision who managed to hang his neck from something. Anyhow, hope that didn't come across wrong as the majority were very professional but as with all things a few ruin it for everyone.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 10:58:35 AM »
Hippa includes LEO and any person who is part of their custody chain. We also had the obligation for privacy. This came up OFTEN as I was in transport and did many medicals my last couple years. Most health care providers had no idea until.

So back to the subject at hand, well done. My wife, well it would have come out very different sorry to say.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal