GENERAL TOPICS > Parenting

You know your kids are growing up...

(1/5) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
When they are old enough to ride in the front seat for the first time.....

Man,  it just hit me today riding into town with my youngest sitting in the front seat with me.

A new chapter.

stlaser:
My oldest just received her learners permit. For several hours tonight all three were gone. Two at a concert in the park and the oldest baby sitting. We're down to 6 years and they're all out of the house.

The discussion turned to what remote place we will be moving to when the time comes. Wyoming keeps making the list as does Idaho or even Montana. We're visiting vast expanses if all 3 this summer so we will be taking inventory.

TexasRedNeck:
I'd lean towards Idaho. One of the few remote places with adequate rainfall to support crops with out additional irrigation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wyorunner:
I grew up in a small town in Wyoming, Thermopolis to be exact, and wife and I have frequently talked about making a forever home in Cody Wyoming, which is a little over an hour north west of Thermopolis. As time goes by, I realize that if we move back north for a forever home it may end up being in Montana....TRN makes a pretty good point about rain though. However, Thermopolis has had more so far this year than they did in the entire year last year. And LOTS of snow! Which you are probably used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
My old man lived in Jackson hole for several years back in the early 70's. He also lived in Boulder co for a couple of years which is 15 min west of me currently. So in a screwed up way I was kinda thinking Jackson hole (which we are staying in for a night next month).

The reality is we want less people, small ranch / farm as my wife grew up with horses & so far I've kept the lawn ornaments at bay but for a slower life I'd be ok with a couple. My grandad had them on his farm as well so I'm more familiar then I care to be in a money conscious viewpoint. Anyhow that is our vision of the future, slow pace & neighbors I can see coming for awhile before I have to speak to them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version