VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Hunting jeep: manual or auto tranny

<< < (2/7) > >>

stlaser:
Glad to hear you beat that C!

Go auto, it's just easier off road. I'm not sure on the newer ones although I don't hear of many problems. My JK is a manual but my TJ rubicon was an auto and I never had any issues. I even rebuilt the top end with a better cam and no issues.

I guess it's just personal preference but wouldn't be scared of an auto. Personally I would spend the money for the rubicon edition. Mine was on the tj and I didn't on the jk, looking back it would have been easier from the start. You get a lower gear ratio in the t-case and factory lockers.

EL TATE:
From one PNW'er to another, go Auto. one less thing you need to worry about when you're trying to keep it on all four wheels. Like Shawn said, spring for the Rubicon. you won't be doing anything that can damage the factory lockers or axles. you don't need a bunch of truss work or anything fancy and the rubi's have a higher lift, bigger tires, lower gears and traction turnkey. with the terrain we have around here you'd be able to navigate all but the deepest mud holes. Rocker panel guards are a must. Get a good winch and a high lift and you can pretty much go anywhere with a rubicon out this way.

P.S.,

You didn't actually say that you got a C. free diagnosis, but that you JUST had surgery? just making sure you're going to be around to mess with in the coming years. Prayers for your well being good sir.

Bob Smith:
Thank you all for the input, I feel better about the auto tranny now. Don't know if a Rubicon is in the works or not but shall see what is out there. Thanks also for the thoughts and prayers, it is what it is, and is in Gods hands. Could have been much worse, but if I had followed the guidelines and kept up with the colonoscopy schedule maybe wouldn't be going through it at all.

mjmbrown:
Bob- I'm in the car business. if you need any help just reach out to me and I would be happy to get you book values/vehicle history reports..heck I even have a few jeeps for sale in the company if you weren't planning on buying private party. 

Bob Smith:

--- Quote from: mjmbrown on July 21, 2017, 03:31:13 PM ---Bob- I'm in the car business. if you need any help just reach out to me and I would be happy to get you book values/vehicle history reports..heck I even have a few jeeps for sale in the company if you weren't planning on buying private party.

--- End quote ---
I sent a note your way, thank you for the offer to help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version