VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Army Trailer into a Farm Service Trailer conversion

(1/40) > >>

Flyin6:
I have the need to haul quantities of water to various spots for drinking, washing, and construction uses. Be it from water for concrete to washing some equipment, I need to have the water mobile.

I also have the need to take fuel to my heavy equipment. Those pieces of equipment can suck up 60 gallons at a time. Driving a 55,000 lb excavator a half mile to a fuel station is just not practical.

The fuel tanks with pump can run well over a thousand dollars, and although nice, are far above what I require. So in this HMMV trailer I have I plan to siamese two 55 gal metal drums and plumb them up for a pump run by an organic 12 volt battery. The water will likewise be pressurized through a organic pump and routed to some standard faucets for convenience

We going to start with the old Armee trailer which has been serving me well for a few years now.

Flyin6:
Its ugly, I know. But that thing would hide very well under a cedar tree and it has managed to stay in my possession all this time!

First order of business is removal of the existing 325 gal tank and everything else that has accumulated in there

Flyin6:
And, yes, its nasty

Flyin6:
I had some water exposed to sunlight for a month or so and the algae growth that took place is startling!

Flyin6:
After disassembly, I fired up that old tried and true pressure washer and got after it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version