VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Army Trailer into a Farm Service Trailer conversion

<< < (2/40) > >>

Flyin6:
Then came the water tank. It cleaned up like new!

Flyin6:
The next day it is all dried up.

Please note that this is military CART paint. If you breath the dust from that stuff you can develop a nasty cancer. CART paint is much more than just paint. The highly modified formula is actually designed to absorb and hold nerve toxin and some other weaponized chemicals, hopefully preventing those nasties from spreading onto a soldiers skin and subsequently killing him. A pin sized droplet of VX is all it takes to kill you in 45 seconds after contact. Almost as bad as having to listen to or look at Antifa protesters dressed up as female genitalia (As they seem to like doing)

So, I am not going to sand that stuff at all. Nope, just spray paint over it and hope for the best.

I did, however mask the lighted and cool data plates off

Flyin6:
GCI paint is oil based enamel and is mixed to the exact mil-spec colors of the era represented by that color.

I used the Army Jeep Paint, WW2 color for Square D, a truck I used to have, which is now covered by dust and ruined again!

Flyin6:
But this time I monkeyed with the color a bit to make it mine. Reason is, this particular gallon is the color the Armee used after ww2 and into the Korean war. It shifted toward a green with a muddy brown hue, not my fav...

So I opened up the safe. You see, I have been investing in some John Deere green paint, hoping it will be as valuable as they seem to think those tractors are. I pulled a quart and poured it into the Armee slurry to come up with "John Armee Green" a new color previously known to nobody (And that's a good thing!)

Flyin6:
Matching the color, will, of course be impossible, but ask me if I care?

Then I thinned the goop and added some hardener to keep the inevitable dog claw marks as minimally destructive as possible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version