Hello Guest

Author Topic: Cajun Navy  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Cajun Navy
« on: September 08, 2017, 07:41:13 PM »
well written words on the Cajun Navy helping people in TX.....

Hundreds and hundreds of small boats pulled by countless pickups and SUVs from across the South are headed for Houston. Almost all of them driven by men. They're using their own property, sacrificing their own time, spending their own money, and risking their own lives for one reason: to help total strangers in desperate need.

Most of them are by themselves. Most are dressed like the redneck duck hunters and bass fisherman they are. Many are veterans. Most are wearing well-used gimme-hats, t-shirts, and jeans; and there's a preponderance of camo. Most are probably gun owners, and most probably voted for Trump.

These are the people the Left loves to hate, the ones Rachael Maddow mocks. The ones Maher and Olbermann just *know* they're so much better than.

These are The Quiet Ones. They don't wear masks and tear down statues. They don't, as a rule, march and demonstrate. And most have probably never been in a Whole Foods store

But they'll spend the next several days wading in cold, dirty water; dodging gators and water moccasins and fire ants; eating whatever meager rations are available; and sleeping wherever they can in dirty, damp clothes. Their reward is the tears and the hugs and the smiles from the terrified people they help. They'll deliver one boatload, and then go back for more.

When disaster strikes, it's what men do. Real men. Heroic men. American men. And then they'll knock back a few shots, or a few beers with like-minded men they've never met before, and talk about fish, or ten-point bucks, or the benefits of hollow-point ammo, or their road-worn Ford F-150 pick-up. They'll likely be up again before dawn to do it all again until more of the helpless are rescued and all the work's done.

And the next time they hear someone talk about "the patriarchy", or "male privilege", they'll snort, turn off the TV and go to bed.

They're unlikely to be reimbursed. There won't be medals. They won't care. They're heroes. And it's what heroes do.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Cajun Navy
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »
 :likebutton:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:20:22 AM »
Nice!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:23:22 PM »
I heard that Bass Pro Shops provided 80 boats to help out.

http://kxan.com/2017/08/28/bass-pro-shops-provides-80-boats-for-texas-rescues/

Where do you shop??
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 05:05:43 PM »
I heard that Bass Pro Shops provided 80 boats to help out.

http://kxan.com/2017/08/28/bass-pro-shops-provides-80-boats-for-texas-rescues/

Where do you shop??

Nice! Btw they own cabelas now too.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 07:57:42 PM »
Very cool!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »

Employees tell me it is still up in the air.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:01:26 AM »

Last I heard I believe it is still being looked into because of the potential monopoly it might create or something to that extent.   The correct terms for it a failing me this morning.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »

Last I heard I believe it is still being looked into because of the potential monopoly it might create or something to that extent.   The correct terms for it a failing me this morning.

I read the .gov approved of the sale back in July (FTC) I think is the agency. I think at this point they are fine tuning price & other small details.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal