Hello Guest

Author Topic: No coincidence  (Read 797 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
No coincidence
« on: October 01, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »
So as I shouted out last night the sermon was on men who follow Jesus need other men who follow Jesus as support. There was more to the sermon but that was my main take away at the time.

A little background

My wife and I (family) hit a rough patch a few months back. Looking back today I would say top three worst times at least from my perspective in 15 years of marriage this month. Although I think HH6 would agree it was one of three worst as well. We did the marriage counseling thing for awhile and then things got worse. Our marriage hit an all time low, it was this low that finally broke way to possible correction. In the midst of all this we found our current temporary permanent church. No coincidence the current sermon series hit home. In addition having Christ driven men available to me and seeking Christ's word was huge for me. So there's that.....

Then this morning after a several mile hike to get some Joe & fresh morning air we were then approached by the neighbor lady. Married 28 years, filing for divorce & husband has fallen off wagon with his alcohol problem among other things. The youngest son is a junior in high school & just a good overall kid. Keeps his head down even with family issues & is doing well for himself. Dad isn't doing his job teaching the kid much. So kid is having problems with car, battery issues & I'm stepping in there to help later today once dad heads off to work. Will get kids car squared away etc.

So the other part of the sermon last night I largely ignored at the time was men who follow Christ stepping in to help young men that lack that man. I ignored it at the time because I had no such situation. So once again that sermon is hitting home. Not that I wouldn't have helped before because I would that's just how we operate. However, the coincidence or the overwhelming message that there are none is front and center again.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: No coincidence
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:21:55 AM »
I find that life has a way of reminding us what matters and what doesn't. When my MIL passed away this past spring we had numerous examples of things that were just a bit "too coincidental" to ignore. She was there for much of it letting us know she was okay. When I read things like you have written it reminds me to focus on what matters. Life has a way of distracting us and getting us off what is important. Thanks for the reminder.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: No coincidence
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »
Agreed Wilbur, update on kid. He now knows how much an SUV battery weighs among other things which include removal, inspection of battery & connections. Cleaning connectors, electrical grease & testing of said battery then reinstalling new battery.

Went to advance auto parts as they are local and I buy quite a bit of fluids & filters there or stuff I don't want to wait for shipping on that I think will be ok purchasing there. I had a $10 rebate card in my wallet from something I had purchased earlier. Manager knocked 10% off when I delicately explained this wasn't my kid & he confirmed I've spent my fair share in his store this year.

I was also able to explain why having a solid battery in your vehicle going into winter months is important as we just buttoned it up prior to a cold fall rainstorm blowing in on us. Plenty of lessons if he paid attention & he did act engaged through the process & was grateful.

Then HH6 cooked a big fattening meal of comfort food & invited him & his mom. I might add it was time better spent then watching thug ball as Charles calls it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:32:33 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal