GENERAL TOPICS > Parenting

When infants can’t be soothed.

<< < (2/4) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
Place her in a carrier and place that on top of the clothes dryer and run the dryer. Mimicks the car and soothes the baby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wyorunner:
Sounds like a gas thing to me. Our son was only nursed but we did have gas issues. Look for products that are supposed to relieve colic....gripe water!!! Wife just gave me the name. Also try different bottles if your daughter is on a bottle frequently. Certain bottles can cause more gas than others and it's child dependent it seems.  If you still have my number and have questions call or text. You and your wife are welcome to call or text and I'll get my wife on if needed or get you guys her number. For what it's worth our son just turned 4 a little over two weeks ago.

Wilbur:
That's such a helpless feeling. With our three after my wife finished breast feeding we ended going through each of the progressively more bland (I guess bland?) Versions. The oldest had not problem with any formula, the second had more gas and we had to get a more gas "resistent" type and the third we had to go with nutramagen. Unfortunately that stiff's expensive, especially as our youngest was the biggeata (as if often the case) and ate more than her siblings had.

I would try different formulas until you find one that can be tolerated. And the other ideas (slight slant to the crib mattress, etc) others have mentioned can help too for sure.

Good luck! Know that this will pass. Such a helpless feeling of a baby screaming you can't console.

stlaser:
Infamil is known to cause gas issues, if you dig online you will soon see it is pretty common. We switched to something I think that was made by carnation if I recall correctly. Been a few years now but I do recall it was a struggle until we figured it out.

EL TATE:
We had to switch to Earth's best organic non dairy. she'd take a whole bottle spit up two thirds, be gassy as all get out and hungry at the same time. if they're fed, burped and empty on the back end, wrap them up tight in a swaddling blanket like a burrito. If that calms them could just be colic. x2 on the dryer idea, only be sure to put something non slip like a cupboard liner underneath. Sophie almost vibrated off the top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version