Hello Guest

Author Topic: US Embassy moving to Jerusalem  (Read 948 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
US Embassy moving to Jerusalem
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:42:37 AM »
Ok, so anyone paying attention to this?

Couple things to note. First roughly 4 years for us to relocate an embassy. Second every Muslim is pissed & on defensive with commentators constantly saying this will result in blood etc etc.

But then you have Trump who is a negotiator. Everytime this guy gets his hands in anything it’s the end of the world at the start as he sets himself as far from the opposition as possible then works his way back to center gaining ground as he goes. I personally don’t think he has any intention of moving the embassy unless h me can gain enough ground and work a peace deal somehow in the process which I don’t anticipate. But moving that embassy appears to be a very big card we hold that no one else has used to their advantage yet.

Thoughts?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: US Embassy moving to Jerusalem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 09:59:55 AM »
Ok, so anyone paying attention to this?

Couple things to note. First roughly 4 years for us to relocate an embassy. Second every Muslim is pissed & on defensive with commentators constantly saying this will result in blood etc etc.

But then you have Trump who is a negotiator. Everytime this guy gets his hands in anything it’s the end of the world at the start as he sets himself as far from the opposition as possible then works his way back to center gaining ground as he goes. I personally don’t think he has any intention of moving the embassy unless h me can gain enough ground and work a peace deal somehow in the process which I don’t anticipate. But moving that embassy appears to be a very big card we hold that no one else has used to their advantage yet.

Thoughts?
I hope we build there, well as long as it doesn't look like a temple and is built on the site of Solomon's temple :-0
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 11:57:34 AM »
I agree, anything that sounds familiar to what is written is worth keeping an eye or two on.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:32:43 PM »
I thought I saw that they had already selected a site and started building. There is an article at Fox that states the following:

"lready under construction is a new U.S. "consulate annex" in Jerusalem, which is believed to be more secure than the current embassy in Tel Aviv. Although senior administration officials said there was no facility currently ready for personnel to move into.".

So I this has been in the works for a while and will continue to put leverage on the Palestinians.

I like it  :popcorn:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 11:43:07 PM »
I tell you, we build great embassies. I watched the US embassy going up in Baghdad. Looked like something that Hitler would have put together to foil allied bombing attacks. In the green zone were were getting hit all the time, several times a day with mortar and 122mm and 107mm rockets. I'd guess that you could hammer away all day long for weeks and not affect operations of our embassy. Close to bomb proof. I'd imagine the Jerusalem complex will be similar.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal