PERSONAL READINESS > Medical Corner

Essential Oils

<< < (2/5) > >>

wyorunner:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 12, 2017, 12:09:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: wyorunner on December 12, 2017, 12:04:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 11, 2017, 11:57:50 PM ---What exactly constitutes an essential oil anyway?

--- End quote ---

It's any usable "medicinal" plant that has been pressed, boiled, steamed into an oil.

Think frankincense.... a potent and amazing oil.

Some really common ones are lavender because it's inexpensive (comparatively) and serves SOOOOO many purposes. Tea tree oil, great for lots of things, peppermint powerful for a few things, lemongrass is another one, great for muscles!

--- End quote ---
What about the eucalyptus? Isn't that about the second best thing next to sliced bread?

--- End quote ---

Oh yea, that's an extremely commonly used one as well. All we use it for is respiratory issues. Relieving congestion helping open up  our lungs. But I use two blends called breath ease and deep breath more than eucalyptus. It works well and doesnt make your eyes tingle when you put it on the bridge of your nose.

OldKooT:
Gun oil... very essential.

Bear9350:
My wife was/is (not really sure at the moment) a DoTerra rep.  So our house is filled with oils.  I don't really know what exactly she uses for what.  She just scampers off to grab a bottle and doctors me up.

There is something for cuts, burns, cleaning grease/oil/paint off, colds, headaches etc..  She mixed some concoction up in a spray bottle for me to use as a scent cover during deer season this year.  I can attest that some of it does indeed work.  Whatever she puts on burns is a winner for sure.

KensAuto:
My wife same same. There's so many oils in my bedroom, I've had to invest in a bag of kitty litter just in case.

wyorunner:
Koot, your are correct, particularly if you don't want to clean a gun, just put more oil on it to keep it running.

Ken, good idea, would make a giant accident an easy clean up mess.

That being said, we are not a rep for anyone, have just found that they work and have continued using them for more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version