WEAPONS > Less Than Lethal

X26 Taser

<< < (2/3) > >>

oklawall:
Teenage boys should work fine Meth head 45 ACP works better. Taser are great but some people can fight through the shock and still keep going. Good side the X26 can shot the probs or you can remove the cartridge and contact shock the person. Bad side I have had to fight 2 guys that when I shot them one of the wires came off the probs and with out both in the guy no shocking effect. Just always have a back up plan. Please check local laws some places have laws about joe blow having police type equipment but in my book it is better to be judged by 12 in place of carried by 6

TexasRedNeck:
Good feedback there OK.  I think I'm fine in Texas but I'll check. Where I can't legally carry a firearm I always have a knife which would likely be the backup to a taser. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Higher Caliber:
Meh... all I can say is good luck! They are generally *junk* by the time we get rid of them... I would spend a couple more hondos and buy a C2

Easier to conceal, just as painful. Painful longer!
With any taser device, it’s only as good as the connection you have on the degenerates end. Spread too close and it’s just a high dollar cattle prod. If they are wearing much more than a T-shirt, it’s a coin toss as to whether or not you will get a good connection. The more you know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasRedNeck:
Also good feedback Blaine. So are they junk if the catridge is replaced?  Or what goes bad on them? Just don't know enough about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Higher Caliber:
So tasers have basically 4 parts. Only two of which are commercially available for replacement, the cartridge and the digital power Magazine. The other two parts, the pulse generator and the pulse controller are integral to the unit and when they malfunction you have to replace the whole unit. In my agency we don’t have the funds to issue every officer their own taser and many departments are the same way. Pre deployment the officer *should always* remove the cartridge and cycle the weapon for a complete 5 second cycle. PD’s run 24/7/365. They are expensive and we only replace them when they are done, or when taser offers us a screaming hot deal on new units. It’s a coin toss as to whether or not you will get a handle that is a trade in or a replacement. Either way, if it is a three shift department, the unit will potentially have run three times a day for several years. Tasers are solid products, but everything wears out eventually. It’s not like a LE trade in Sig or Glock which generally have more external wear than internal wear, and where every part is commercially available and easy to get. Long story short it’s a 200$ gamble. Might get a great deal, might get a lemon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version