TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Dewalt 20Volt impact gun

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
Well, with an advertised torque rating of a whole bunch, I purchased Dewalt's premier impact gun a few months ago, and used it (Tried to anyway) on the GJ suspension project.

In a word: It's a total waste of money and plastic. I doubt it could loosen a rusted #4 screw!

Im evaluation never really took place because that thing never actually loosened a single nut...NOT ONE!

I started on the lug nuts. Nada...Just noise and ratchet like sounds. I pulled out my 1/2" harbor freight earthquake tool and bam! Lug nuts spun off like butter!

Tried to loosen the lower shock bolts and again it failed. I switched batteries twice, one time pulling one off the charger. It couldn't loosen anything.

Piece of junk, evaluation complete.

My recommendation is to gift it to that liberal hippie cousin we all have, first telling them it is a skilsaw, and at least get a laugh out of this useless POJ!

Wilbur:
Don see the last post in this thread...

http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=3204.0

I was doing the same thing and couldnt break a lugnut. I used a breaker bar expecting it was going to kill me after i couldn't find a cheater bar to use. I was astonished (and PO'd) that it was so easy to break free. I'm glad to have one but I bought it to have in the truck for flats figuring it's a lot faster than the old 4 way. But I may be wrong. Sheesh.

TexasRedNeck:
I’ve heard good things about the Milwaukee. What’s the rating on that one Don?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on December 27, 2017, 09:21:25 PM ---I’ve heard good things about the Milwaukee. What’s the rating on that one Don?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---
I bleed yellow...except for impacts.
I have the big Milwalkee Fuel 18 volt brushless.
It's a monster.
It will break things.

2005 Chevy Impala, axle nut. By hand aweful couple hours, broken stuff. 2 minutes with the big Milealkee, and that was to save the nut and axle shaft from galling due to heat and stuff buildup.

Yeah it's that good.

KensAuto:
The only cordless impact that works as advertised is a Snap on... and it's spendy.
( I tried the DeWalt as well)

Edit: to be fair I didn't try the Milwaukee even tho I have most of the fuel series at work)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version