<< < (2/6) > >>

Bob Smith:
It is not the trip, it is the moment

Flyin6:
Good info

I want chickens

I live in a yuppie neighborhood, so Chickens are no C-gar here

Farmside has coyotes and other things that'll eat chickens right up

Oh yea, they saw a big cat down there (Great...can't wait to be attacked by that thing some night..) and a couple black bear.

Wife wants a cow, which of course i get to take care of, and will feed the big cat maybe, but someday, i'll have those chickens!

TexasRedNeck:
Great thing about the big cat Don is you’ll never see it coming.  I’d like some chickens at our place too but since it would be 5 days between visit I don’t think that’s conducive to egg production. Good work Blain and I love the math. Sound like all my projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilbur:
Ha....that sounds about right (19 eggs from 13 chickens)....in a month or two they'll settle down for about 1 a day.

Guineas are great watch birds but noisy as heck. Yikes.

Napoleon Ha! Roosters are good... can help rebuild the flock but if he gets aggressive toss him in the pot. I had a few that went that way when they got too big for their britches.

Good for you guys! Great addition. Especially with the "flock" you have inside the house! Ha.

Bear9350:
My wife has about a dozen chickens.  We haven't seen an egg since temps dropped back in November.  Not sure what's up with that.  The eggs are so much better then store bought though.

We also have a rooster, named him Bruce.  He was supposed to be a girl.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version