Hello Guest

Author Topic: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door  (Read 41831 times)

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
Re: 2008 Jeep Jk 4 Door
« Reply #550 on: February 05, 2018, 10:54:06 PM »
They?re not in fear of guns Charles, they just want control over who has them.

BTW, there was another officer killed in CO today (3rd in last 3 weeks or so) & there is a nasty rumor floating around some friends of mine who wear a certain uniform that Denver is going to start seizing mags over 15 rounds. I have not run across this info anywhere else but it would not surprise me if this is in the works. That will not end well if it is true.
Learn the rules like a pro so that you can break them like an artist -Pablo Picasso-

Offline OldKooT

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2018, 08:12:03 AM »
Considered the TRXUS? Amazing in the snow, tough, most I know that run them have zero complaints.

I am shopping rubber for the Daughters Eco Beater myself.

Norm

Are you a prepper?  "No, whats a prepper? I am just a mildly OCD farmer"

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 06, 2018, 09:19:32 AM »
Considered the TRXUS? Amazing in the snow, tough, most I know that run them have zero complaints.

Norm, I had not but will look into those as well.

As for the Ford, I am very happy with my cooper atp?s so far and the price point was right too.
Learn the rules like a pro so that you can break them like an artist -Pablo Picasso-

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 06, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »
Shawn..who dat ? ^^^^

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My long lost brother from another mother!

He used to help me wreck, er I mean DOT up Dons build threads, but he?s too busy in retirement now to help with such things.
Did you just remind me of that?
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 06, 2018, 12:11:57 PM »

Cootie, ran those Truxus tires. They blow up every once in awhile you know... Mine were traction gettin' out of round wheel covers on the SAS tundra I built once.

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 06, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »
Shawn..who dat ? ^^^^

He used to help me wreck, er I mean DOT up Dons build threads, but he?s too busy in retirement now to help with such things.

Well, it has been awhile since you had a real automotive build thread. For the record attaching a Chinese bumper to the GJ doesn't count either........ :popcorn:

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 06, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »
Shawn..who dat ? ^^^^

Well, it has been awhile since you had a real automotive build thread. For the record attaching a Chinese bumper to the GJ doesn't count either........ :popcorn:
Not particularly proud of that, movin' right along...

Next week's add in the for-sale section: Slightly used GJ front bumper for sale, cheap!

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 06, 2018, 04:53:04 PM »
OK, so my garage is a tiny 3 car as I've stated before. So working on Baylee's xj apparently I had a tool drawer on my cabinet open or I didn't get it closed all the way. So went to drive the jk and my mirror hooked the drawer and did this as it was frigid that day. Btw the 25 year old craftsman tool chest didn't get a scratch......

So I said screw it I never use that mirror anyhow and bought a pair of these delete mirror pucks (yes they were less than buying a replacement mirror). So 5 minutes of wrenching and here we are.

Honestly, I like how clean it looks and am considering removing the drivers side one even though I use that mirror often. So what do you all think? Leave it or remove it?

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 06, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »
On another note, even after dropping $1500 in parts in the last two weeks on Baylee's Just Empty Every Pocket xj I am making progress on parts acquisition for the axle swap in the JK.

The superduty knuckles sat in a box waiting to head to weaver fab for the last two weeks. I had sent them a request for info via their website and apparently that process has been giving them issues. Since I was tired of looking at the box I broke down & called them this AM (they were very apologetic by the way) so I got that squared away and the cores sent in to them to be machined along with their high steers arm kit added to both knuckles. I spoke with Tate and will be buying spicer ball joints from him once I get my complete list together of axle parts needed.

I am at the moment still figuring out parts and pieces for the axle build. The Artec box showed up with the front truss but I have yet to unpackage it and I have a set of off road fenders headed this way as we speak from Summit. I ordered a magnetic base and dial indicator from them as well since it appears my old setup grew legs or I lost it in the move to CO.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:03:51 PM by stlaser »

Online Bob/OlallaWa

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2018, 06:48:01 PM »
Shawn, don't you need the side mirror to drive legal on public roads in Co.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2018, 06:57:17 PM »
I was going to ask the same question as Bob. in WA you need at least two rear facing. And I like them for watching the rear tire without sticking my face out the window in the oncoming path of mud and debris
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Online Bob/OlallaWa

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »

I was going to ask the same question as Bob. in WA you need at least two rear facing. And I like them for watching the rear tire without sticking my face out the window in the oncoming path of mud and debris

Hi Tate, how is the weather up there, Ken's state can not be beat, during the winter that is....

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2018, 07:37:18 PM »
Good question, I don?t know honestly but I?ve never been pulled over with the doors off for such a thing. I like my drivers side mirror (& use it) so it will be staying but the passenger side one will be left off. I do live in hippyville so I should be ok.

Edit: ok hippyland (aka Colorado) states if I have an unobstructed view 200 ft behind me the inside rear view mirror is all I need. If that view is obstructed then I need two external rear view mirrors, one on each side. So in reality you can legally pull doors and mirror off Jeep & as long as you?re not pulling a trailer that obstructs the rear view or say the cargo area is not packed full then you?re still legal.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:58:50 PM by stlaser »

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 07, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »
Nice to have for security reasons as well. You always know if someone's approaching from behind.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 07, 2018, 12:39:25 AM »
I think it was just mad you parked in the garage. I mean its a jeep right?

Out here, you need to have 2 unobstructed rear view mirrors. So if you have a spare tire or anything in the back (like stickers) it could be an issue.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline OldKooT

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 07, 2018, 08:32:55 AM »
A new line of "Garage Armour"  it's a Jeep thing....=P
Norm

Are you a prepper?  "No, whats a prepper? I am just a mildly OCD farmer"

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 07, 2018, 09:19:13 AM »
A new line of "Garage Armour"  it's a Jeep thing....=P

Or a lack there of garage armor......... :rolleyes:

Offline Armalite

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 07, 2018, 06:09:01 PM »
no symmetry...  Lose the driver side or put the passenger side back on the jeep.  Trying to red neck this thing up or what?

Offline stlaser

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 07, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
no symmetry...  Lose the driver side or put the passenger side back on the jeep.  Trying to red neck this thing up or what?

What?s with the 3 syllable words? I didn?t realize those existed in Texas country speak? :popcorn:

Btw, the swampers are gunna Redneck it up regardless......
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:05:00 PM by stlaser »