WEAPONS > Firearms

A/R Pistol build

(1/15) > >>

Flyin6:
So, the need has arisen to build a short AR based pistol with significant smack down power. So the Don will be embarking on creating a .300 AAC pistol with a brace. I decided on the 1-8 twist with a 10.5" barrel.

I used Amazon, AR-15.com and Aim to bring it all together. The only thing mising at this point is the stripped lower, which, in true Kintucky fashion will be the venerable Anderson unit built 10 miles from mi casa.

I set out to build the upper receiver myself, but in the end I was able to find a good fully assembled upper from AR-15 for less money, so here is the upper I will use:

I will be using a typical A2 birdcage flash hider unlike the pic

Flyin6:
I decided to go nickle-boron for the bolt since this is another gas-gun build and I have found these bolts to jam less than the nitrated ones the Velcro guys use.
It will be accompanied with the typical extended charging handle that gloved shooters like me like to use

Flyin6:
I am being cost conscious with respect to some items of this build so the BUIS on this gun are aluminum Sig knockouts sold by Troy industries. I have them on my Sig .308 and love them so much, I am yet to scope that rifle.

Flyin6:
The "stock" will be the pistol Shock wave Blade

This stock screws into the buffer tube to lock it down in one of 12 selectable positions.

Flyin6:
I am using the Bravo Company enhanced lower parts kit with their better trigger and grip along with the other mil-spec parts and a curved trigger cover

I also picked up an ambi safety just for grins, although I don't use the right side normally on my sig, but I may work that into my training regiment.

So for now the parts are in transit somewhere and I'll be posting up as they come in and I build up the rest of the weapon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version