VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Toxic sweat and GM steering wheels!!!!

(1/2) > >>

stewie:
Stewie here.

So i've noticed over the course of 6 months or so the gradual decay of the steering wheel where i have my hand most of the time as well as the plastic bits to the left and right of my 09 suburban steering wheel.

the pewter color is peeling off exposing the black and that's just NOT ok with me. how can I get this fixed and any solutions for the steering wheel not wearing away aside from me not driving?

Nate:
Steering wheel cover

stewie:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on April 04, 2018, 08:38:27 AM ---Steering wheel cover

--- End quote ---

well, yeah but the peeling of the plastic panels. i need to replace those.

EL TATE:
My 72 Wagoneer had a Brownish gold metal fleck vinyl that had become chalky and just awful by the time I got it. I used this stuff in black on it and the wheel and had fantastic results. wheeled it hard, hunted out of it, and overall just abused the crud out of it and never saw any deterioration or chipping/peeling. sanded lightly for better adhesion, ( I would strip your coating as much as possible), cleaned w/ lacquer thinner, and even shot it in cold humid weather. I don't have any pics as they were analog at the time...

http://www.tcpglobal.com/SEM-15173_5.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5r_rjvag2gIVUbjACh1m6wLYEAQYAiABEgIPGvD_BwE#.WsTto1KpUdU
whoops

stlaser:
Link tater?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version