TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Bench vise stand

(1/7) > >>

Nate:
So i got a 5" bench vise and grinder from my grandfather, and i am trying to figure out how to mount the bench vise.

So the grinder i think i am going to mount on this stand?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001LQXM2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

The bench vise i am trying to figure out if i should get somebody to make me a stand like one of these...

https://www.google.com/search?biw=640&bih=92&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=NhjpWu7wAoSGjwTX8KfgCg&q=brake+drum+bench+vise+stand&oq=brake+drum+bench+vise+stand&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-img.12...1288436.1292115..1294408...0....131.1128.6j5......0....1.........0i13j0i13i5i30j30i10.y6f5C6NQhXM%3D

Or if i should mount it to the table?

What are the thoughts from you all........

Bob Smith:
Nate, a 5 gal. bucket some cement  concrete and a 4X6 makes a nice stand for vices and grinders.

stlaser:
Grinder stand looks nice, best mount I had was one with a 4” sq tube coming up from a steel truck wheel and a pice of 6” channel at the top. I like the grinder mounted to a wheel as it’s easy to roll whenever you need if/when you move it.

As far as vice I think table mounted is best, mine gets beat on a lot. A post in a bucket of Crete wouldn’t last long for me but to each his own.

KensAuto:
Vise needs a bench for leverage, especially when Donkey Kong is pulling on something tightened down in said vise.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wyorunner:
Although I don’t own a shop like Ken or Shawn, I agree that a vice needs to be bench mounted. I’m a little fellar, but leverage is a mans best friend which will probably tip a small base when you have a two foot or bigger cheater bar on something, you need more then that on the other end to keep it some what firmly planted. And that is a good size vise, which can handle bigger projects, and heavier beatings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version