TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Hand Tools, Power Tools, Welders, etc

Redneck Shop Air Filtration & Hobart Portable Welding Table

(1/2) > >>

stlaser:
So I bought a standard 20" box fan from HD and a couple 20" filters, figured these fans get a million miles on them in trailer parks across the country why not my shop too? Using some scrap wood I had laying around and misc woods screws I threw this together in 20 minutes. I essentially pulled the back vent panel off and attached a standard air filter. Simple and cheap, we'll see how effective shortly. My plan is to hang it up near the ceiling in my shop near my work bench, it will move some air and filter it too.

So I decided before I torch the folding metal table with wood top I picked up for free off of a local porch using it as a welding table, hey it's better than Don's cardboard tables.... I would invest in another inexpensive option. They had these at our local tractor supply for $99, it even comes preassembled which I thought was a nice feature. It has a semi flat sheet metal top and is fairly sturdy. I wouldn't go pounding on steel with it or mount a vise to it but for various welding jobs it will give me a portable option in addition to my big heavy welding bench. For $99 it seems to be of good quality.

TexasRedNeck:
Wow. Are we related??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Why? Were you welding on wood top tables too?  :facepalm:

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on May 14, 2018, 06:41:14 PM ---Why? Were you welding on wood top tables too?  :facepalm:

--- End quote ---
Something wrong with that?

stlaser:
15 mins of welding....

I think it was worth $30

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version