VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

2016 F150 3.5L ecoboost hard start

(1/12) > >>

stlaser:
So I stumbled across this, amazingly the issue is identical to what I have described to the service tech at Ford. Also note this is the third time my truck has been to their shop. First time it had a fuel injection flush using BJ products. Second time it had both fuel pumps replaced under warranty. It has been doing this intermittently for the last 8k. I will be sending them this video tomorrow morning. I will report back what I find.

On another note I will be texting Norm this as his daughter has been having similar issues with her 2015 although that is a slightly different motor as the 2016 was second gen from my understanding.

https://youtu.be/kYZSGUoawHY

Bigdave_185:
That sounds like a very viable  cause to a problem, especially with the valves being open closed pending or how long the fuel leaked and so forth.  Good find!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Sent the video to the Ford tech this morning around 8 am, crickets so far.......

stlaser:
Update: Claim that the video is not my motor and doesn't apply.

At my insistence they kept the truck for an extra week to see if they could get it to do this random long start. As of last Thursday (super hot day here) they did get it to stumble start on one occasion on a hot start while it was hooked to computer. The data from the crank sensor didn't look right. So they were replacing that last Friday and asked to keep it thru the weekend to finish up Monday and test which I agreed thinking it was a good idea.

So this morning I get a call, they apparently came into the shop this morning with a big red puddle of transmission fluid under it. Appears to be front seal leaking and they are pulling the transmission now..... :rolleyes:

I'm leaning more and more towards selling this...... :popcorn:

Nate:

--- Quote from: stlaser on July 02, 2018, 11:08:18 AM ---So this morning I get a call, they apparently came into the shop this morning with a big red puddle of transmission fluid under it. Appears to be front seal leaking and they are pulling the transmission now..... :rolleyes:

--- End quote ---

sounds to me like that is all on their dime since they have been in control of it (for what 2 weeks?) !!!!!!!!

if I recall, I do believe GMC has a pretty big rebate off their 1500's..…..just sayin :popcorn:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version