GENERAL TOPICS > Humor, Good Stuff, and Red Neck Practices!

Selling on CL

(1/3) > >>

stlaser:
So I sell excess stuff on Craigslist. For those that do not it can be quite the experience or headache depending.

As of today I listed a set of snow tires and wheel from my wife’s Lexus. Per the normal you get scammers contacting you who want to send you a certified check and then have you ship them your item via a supposed broker service etc. after you deposit their check. I’m assuming this gives them account info of your bank and allows them to withdraw money? I’m assuming here as I really never took the time to research it. Anyhow I get tired of telling them to pound sand. So now I just tell them yes said item is for sale. Then they ask for my name and address which I have posted below.

Here is my full name and address

Al Coholic
666 Seymour Buttes LN
Hell, MI. 48169

On a similiar note I have a friend who once had an unpleasant run in with a female judge during his divorce. He used to have these scammers send their check to her office.

stlaser:
Or the other version

Here is the text I receive....

“I am Robert,how much is the lowest price of the ad you posted on CL”

My response “$500”

In reality the list price was $400.....

KensAuto:
Very frustrating. Been there, done that....but never used the funny address bit! might have to try that one.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on September 13, 2018, 11:58:01 PM ---Very frustrating. Been there, done that....but never used the funny address bit! might have to try that one.

--- End quote ---

I did get one guy about a year ago to send me a non automated reply. Something alongs the lines of “funny, a**hole!”...... :tongue:

I felt extremely accomplished that day!

Farmer Jon:
I am buying and selling on Craigslist all the time. I put a want ad out looking for certain things sometimes. Then I get a message. Is your car still for sale. Um....I'm not selling anything. Sometimes I get this. I will send you a money order and someone will pick up the vehicle. I tell them to give cash to whoever comes to get it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version