Hello Guest

Author Topic: Gun control laws  (Read 1925 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Gun control laws
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:16:58 AM »
Another example of gun control laws working in CA. Prayers for those affected. We’ll see if the media talks about high cap magazine bans and mag release restrictions as it sounds like the shooter had many illegal items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Gun control laws
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:25 AM »
yeah, I want to hear how they are going to spin a high capacity assault magazine and a .45cal hand gun
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »
It’ll be Trumps fault if it was a .45 - just saying!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:24:22 PM »
From the reports at Fox News the gunman acted illegally, using a 30+ round mag in a Glock 21. I believe that carries a double death penalty, which supersedes (slightly) the punishment for insulting a Kali-gay person

And as a caveat, nothing about this is funny. Eleven dead civilians, one dead LEO, the fact that gun control laws never work, the fact that the shooter had been a Marine, the fact that PTSD was mentioned (as a factor?) or the trauma to the kids who watched that unfold.

I listened to Fox reporting just now that this young Marine did seven months in the Helmand province at the same time I was there. I wonder what's the odds that I gave him a lift over to Leatherneck, their FOB from Kandahar?

Fox said that was a particularly bad time. I found that odd. There were in excess of 10,000 marines over there along with several brigades of British. They had tanks, drones, fighters, you name it. In the years preceding that time there was one Army Special Forces detachment in central Helmand and about half as many Brits, oh, and 6-10 US Helos painted in camouflage, sporting mini guns who were bringing it to those Taliban bastards on a daily basis. I wonder why it was worse for the Marines that it was for the few of us who had to prosecute that whole valley for years with no help???
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 01:26:28 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 02:22:29 PM »
I read some of the comments at the bottom of the NY Times page, on this tragedy, and it made my head hurt; " We need mandatory background checks, magazine bans, blah blah blah". It's like they don't even realize how restrictive CA is, and high cap mags are already banned, and there was not a single person pointing it out....freakin echo chamber.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 02:30:02 PM »
Hence the term LIBTARD........ :facepalm:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 04:57:54 PM »
I know this will seem insensitive but this was just any other weekend in Chicago.  Why won't people address the deaths in Chicago?  Is it because black lives don't matter? Is it because it exposes the fallacy of gun control laws?

I'm concerned that because they are trying to link this to PTSD that any former military service person with PTSD will have their 2A rights stripped.

its easier for mental midgets to blame the object instead of blaming the actor.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 06:48:48 PM »
I know this will seem insensitive but this was just any other weekend in Chicago.  Why won't people address the deaths in Chicago?  Is it because black lives don't matter? Is it because it exposes the fallacy of gun control laws?

I'm concerned that because they are trying to link this to PTSD that any former military service person with PTSD will have their 2A rights stripped.

its easier for mental midgets to blame the object instead of blaming the actor.
We have been watching this flesh out for some time now

I'll volunteer as an example

I broke my back twice in the Army, during deployments, both times requiring surgery

I ran both knees out with the special ops extensive PT which was just about every single day

I have a documented hearing loss from flying Chinooks which the Army flight helmet does not adequately protect. I tested to the 60-70HZ threshold in all upper bands and only a little better in mid bands. By definition I am near deaf

I developed a heart issue when I was in maybe 6 years

I broke other bones

I developed a weird blotchy skin thing during Desert Storm. (Which they keep in contact with me over to this day)

I developed a twisted spine which limits my mobility and after the VA tested me thoroughly they rated me zero percent disabled for all of the above...ZERO!

I never made a claim for anything else

However when my evaluation came back, I was rated 30% disabled

Know what for?

PTSD

I never claimed it. I do not believe I have anything more than someone who may have fallen off a roof or had a car accident, but even though I can't move very well and have difficulty walking any distance or hearing human conversation, none of that counted for anything, but something that I did not request returned a "Documented" rating.

Setup?? You bet your a$$ it is!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:50:48 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 08:40:41 PM »
This is a big one too, because so many people have been labeled by doctors to have PTSD, most who are trained to fight. So disarm them they disarm the existing civilian militia.  Yea linkage to PTSD is always bad. Weird how it happened just after the demonrats just gained a majority in the house.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2018, 02:43:59 PM »
saw this over on Drudge, its coming from the most Anitgun newspaper(if you call it that) USAtoday, the last sentence in the article pretty much sums it up, coming from a 16 year old kid.

He chimed in with his opinion on gun control. “No matter how hard they make it to get a gun, they’re going to get one,” Ethan said. “I’m a kid and I don’t know anything but I know that.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/11/09/thousand-oaks-following-ian-long-shooting-borderline-bar-and-grill-fearful-residents-buy-guns/1947476002/

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 08:34:06 AM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »
^^^ that just might go over here in WI.  I mean the drunk driving thing, not the gun control thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal