Hello Guest

Author Topic: CRKT Provoke  (Read 1132 times)

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
CRKT Provoke
« on: January 21, 2019, 09:20:55 AM »
I have been spending money like a drunk sailor so why not knee jerk buy something that I have no training in using.

Well because it looked cool and had a very unique mechanism that's why.

I was on the waiting list to purchase the CRKT Provoke and when I got the alert to purchase I tried via the online website and it crashed. So I called Customer Service and asked about it and they said their website was overwhelmed. So I guess I have plenty of company in the knee jerk department.

I haven't used it much but did carry it for a few days when I was wearing jeans. Was a little stiff at first but after working it a little it deploys pretty quick... other than the hanging up on my pocket seam. Not sure why except maybe because I am left handed and it is in my left pocket.

We will see. pretty heavy.

Hmmm wonder if these pictures will be all rotated off??  :popcorn:

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CRKT Provoke
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »
That thing looks scary!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 06:32:04 PM »
The price is a little scary also.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:21:43 PM »
My youngest wanted a fixed version. Obviously I said no.

I have a thing for flashlights.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 08:33:04 AM »
But Jon... I signed up with CRKT and they gave a 20% off code for my first purchase.. so it was only $180.00.. cough.. So yeah.. more of a like to have than a need it.. LOL I have been carrying it and because I am left handed it is different to pull and deploy. My left index finger has to go into the hole and then rotate it into my palm as I pull it out. With all of the arms it has that rotate to extend the blade they tend to snag on my pocket edge so it isn't a smooth pull like a normal knife with smooth scales. We will see.

JR I'm with you on the flashlights... I like Olight. I signed up for their notifications and they have some pretty good FLASH sales that only last a day or a few hours where you can get 40% off. I like the Olight magnetic charging option. Just a USB and snap to light and you can charge. You don't have to plug in a tiny micro USB or take the battery out to charge. Very bright for small packages.

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal