VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

Automotive Chemical Paint Stripper need Recommendation

(1/1)

stlaser:
Ok, so crawler project coming up. I have a body that I’m going to do some cutting and stretching on in a couple places. Thinking chemical stripper would be way to go on this as body is straight so no extensive whole body work and it’s going to get bed lined afterwards since it’s a crawler. I’m thinking since paint is solid just stripping it where I’m working versus whole car sand blast job and guys can screw up sheet metal pretty easy if not careful with blasting.

What product do you recommend or have you used with good results?

TexasRedNeck:
Well the nasty stuff just got taken off the market to non commercial uses. Maybe you can still get it.

There are mobile blasting services that I would look to for a vehicle body. Basically water blasting that takes it down to the metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyorunner:
If you can find it, aircraft paint stripper. Comes in a blue can. Has worked well every time we’ve used it. Napa carries it here. As well as the auto body paint supply joint.

Amazon used to.

stlaser:
Thanks Guys!  :likebutton:

Flyin6:
Shawn,

If you could befriend an aircraft mechanic, an A&P, you may get him to buy you a couple gallons of the stuff we use on aircraft.

That will get the job done for sure!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version