VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Build Threads

SquareD Part 5: The build continues and gets more aggressive

(1/297) > >>

Flyin6:
Anyone ready to get back into building this cool truck?
Been a long sabbatical with the knee surgery and L O N G recovery time, which is still not complete BTW!

OK the medium term objective is to get the engine reinstalled.
To do that I am cleaning up all areas of the vehicle that relate in preparation. My hope is to rebuild the transmission next week, but first get a bunch of stuff that is laying around, cluttering up my shop, back on the truck.

So that's what I have been doing, that and messing with the door panels which I just had to pull to make something custom.

Might as well start there.

OK, the plan was to pull the plastic interior door panels and replace with a flat fiberglass/wood panel that serves as a mount for a carbine, magazines, flashlight and other immediate need emergency stuff

First I pulled the door panel

Flyin6:
Since it will now support perhaps 20-25 pounds of stuff, securing it with those factory clips was problematic. Imagine the wind slamming the door open then the door panel with your weapon goes crashing to the ground!

So I'll fasten it with an equal number of small 1/4" bolts

The holes were enlarged and Nutserts were installed in the factory locations

Flyin6:
Like this:

Flyin6:
The rest of this project will be coming back in a couple days, but this was when I decided to get all this junk I was accumulating bolted back onto the truck

Remember that cool H20/alcohol tank that Dan made for me?

Well there it is getting fitted and prepped:

Flyin6:
After acid primer, the thing was sanded and received a coat of acrylic enamel Lycoming gray along with the transmission to engine adapter plate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version