TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Simple Child's desk

(1/10) > >>

Flyin6:
I mentioned in a couple of other threads that I was using my saw mill to cut some of that Oak into boards.

I decided to build a simple desk for my 8 year old grand daughter

She wants to write and loves art and has no where to work

So, taking those boards I glued up into a panel in the thread where I discuss those new panel clamps, I began

Here is the top made from many separate pieces all glued and clamped. The end pieces are held on with glue and a wood spline also made of oak

Flyin6:
Because the wood has a lot of cracks in it, I have to sometimes cut it into narrow strips, then glue all those into a panel. This piece will be one of the sides

Flyin6:
For the shelves, I chose to just glue a piece of the Oak onto a piece of 3/4 furniture grade plywood

Flyin6:
Its a slow go, just figuring it out as I go. Here a bunch of pieces are glued up and will form the basis to add to tomorrow:

For now, she gets a top, two shelves for a Tupperware like tray, two sides and four legs

Later on I can build proper shelves, but if the truth be known, my saw mill spit out a bearing and is dead-lined and will not be repaired in time for me to finish before Christmas

cj7ox:
Looks like the start of an heirloom piece! Sucks about the deadlined mill. Proper PMCS might have prevented a failed bearing. SMH. This is why before, during, and after PMCS is important. I'd bet you haven't submitted a 2404/5988E in quite some time...  :wink:

Report to the 1SG and XO for counseling!  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version