WEAPONS > Firearms

PVS 14 Mount

(1/2) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
So I was trying to stalk up on some pigs the other night and just couldn’t get a good picture through the PVS 14.  Hadn’t noticed that the standard mount was out of alignment with the compM4 but in complete darkness it really obscured the field of view.

So I ordered American Defense QD PVS mount and the SOCOM height CompM4 mount so at least I know that they’ll both be at the same height since both mounts are made by the same company.  Will post up pics when I get it next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: TexasRedNeck on December 29, 2021, 06:33:48 PM ---So I was trying to stalk up on some pigs the other night and just couldn’t get a good picture through the PVS 14.  Hadn’t noticed that the standard mount was out of alignment with the compM4 but in complete darkness it really obscured the field of view.

So I ordered American Defense QD PVS mount and the SOCOM height CompM4 mount so at least I know that they’ll both be at the same height since both mounts are made by the same company.  Will post up pics when I get it next week.

--- End quote ---

American Defense.. great products and only a couple hours south of me.

TexasRedNeck:
Hate to say I was disappointed.

The PVS 14 is not only vertically out of alignment with the aim point (.250 higher) it’s also not horizontally perfectly aligned.

The PVS mount is also not able to
Be mounted with the offset to the rear since they only notched for the battery compartment knob on one side. Would be nice for a monolithic rail like mine.

I emailed AD for comment. Not going to be happy if I wasted $250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyB:
I think I asked you this a long time ago, but do you have the half moon spacer for the Aimpoint mount? I can't remember exactly how much it raises it, but it might be enough to make it all same plane.

TexasRedNeck:
I have both risers.  The one that is absolute co witness and the socom lower 1/3.  Neither work.  I have been emailing photos and part numbers back and forth with the tech and well see what he says.  These two parts were supposed to be “exact” height according to their website.  Will report back the final answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version