VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

BigDaves_2023 3500HD DRW

(1/32) > >>

Bigdave_185:
Finally took deliver of the new 23!

The good part!
Interior is 100% compete to order, missing nothing.
The exterior has everything I wanted and then some. 

The bad, there is one identifiable scratch in the driver side door and someone chipped the paint on the edge of the driver door also.  The dealership pulled out the old touch up pen for that one. Ass hats! Like I wouldn’t notice.   
The look on the dealership owners face when I pulled out my LED light to walk around the truck was priceless!  I warned him I would and he will get penalized for it now and in the future.
He said he would get it repainted. I declined as my last repaint was far less then satisfactory. Won’t be going that route again.

The details:
The camera system is amazing with all the forward, side, in bed, tailgate, mirror cameras, the 360 degree deal is awesome!!!
The ride is really smooth considering the tire pressure is at 80psi!
The driver seat fits like a glove with plenty of seat adjustment to make me happy compared to the Peterbilt with up down and lumbar lol
They finally relocated the def fill up and tank I believe, to the proper location on the driver rear fender.
I did get short changed on the rear dually inner fender liners. National back order. Non are shipped with them.

Wife hasn’t drove it yet and boy does it make my garage real small feeling real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
The tires are a decent brand Michelin, I’ll replace them as needed with something more aggressive and a little taller.

The interior has the great highcountry feel, nicer leather, some nice wood looking trim,

There is a neat storage compartment in the back of the rear seats I didn’t know was a thing.

There isn’t a whole lot of under seat storage but it will do.
My previous understanding was it had rubber floor Mats but I’m being told that’s not the case

stlaser:
Nice truck Dave  :likebutton:

Bigdave_185:
The tech I am spotty with as I’m not 100% on details but….. I was told the 10 speed will not like Smokey burnouts and will cause some major issues if I try so I won’t!

The motor is much like our company semi trucks. They derate them from the factory and as miles are added Hp and Torque is increased. 

When I drive the Mack transport truck I can feel it gaining power now that it’s at 55k miles as last time I was in it.  The GM Duramax should do similar but reach its full potential around 10k miles.  As the diesel tech told me I laughed at my wife as she started doing the math, 4 miles a day, 260 days ish a year. That’s only 1000k a year if I just drive it to work. So ten years from now it could be broke in

The under the Hood business is pretty simple looking much like the previous generation. No change.  Don’t need to open the hood for a year at least I hope.  Maybe I’ll put some masking tape on it so it doesn’t get opened.

Bigdave_185:
Paint protection will come in the very near future.  I’ll have the PPF installed over almost 75% of the truck
Hood, grill, bumper, mirrors, headlights, complete rear fenders (maybe pending looks and seams)
This weekend I’ll do the basic paint correction to church up the paint and then add the Meguires ceramic coating I have applied a few times. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version