Hello Guest

Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Tapatalk
« on: February 05, 2023, 06:01:13 PM »
Yes, i know tap a talk is not connecting with the site, i am working the issue, please stop bothering me about it!!!!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 06:14:35 PM »
Ok, back to harassing Ken about H I guess or Don about mulch beds and his 50 posts a day on one thread…..  :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 07:45:15 PM »
Ok, back to harassing Ken about H I guess or Don about mulch beds and his 50 posts a day on one thread…..  :popcorn:
You just can't admit you like my 50 posts, and Ken, and H
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2023, 07:46:04 PM »
What's Nate so angry about? You people harassing him??? :facepalm:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2023, 09:20:07 PM »
What's Nate so angry about? You people harassing him??? :facepalm:

Well there is some disconnect between tapatalk and the forum.  I reached out last week.  I’ll not do that again.
Sorry for the text again

Hell sake’s navigation on here via a browser I can’t see or find new posts or anything

✌️out!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 11:49:08 AM »
Here are some facts that folks need to remember:
- I nor Don have access to the original HTML files that was used to create this website,

- the hosting platform has been bought out several times since we have been using them and the conglomerates that now own them are slowly making it unfeasible to continue with the current
  platform, causing us to have to migrate to something new in the future,

- this forum is mobile compatible to an extent, but it needs work,

- don and I are doing some work behind the scenes, we will let you know when then time comes,

- kyle had to do some fenagling just to get tap a talk to work to begin with,

- every couple years when tap a talk starts messing with their upgrades and all that crap, these same problems arise, and people start getting boo boo lipped because the garbage app they are
  using is not working correctly and then want to blame the website for something they absolutely have no control over,

- if you are having a problem with tap a talk, YOU need to contact them! The problem is on their end alone!

- don’t believe me? … just do a google search for tap a talk problems and you will have millions of articles on the subject,

- people contacting me with site problems is what I am here for, so if you took my original post personally … then you need to re-evaluate yourself.

So … the bottom line is this, yes I am aware of the tap a talk problem, RM has nothing to do with it or caused/causing it, tap a talk is known to be a schiff app with many problems.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 04:00:55 PM »
And to add some fuel to Nate's fire, the forum I use is called Simple machines. We opened the doors in 2014. Since then, there have been over 20 updates to SM. I have to continue to upload their latest changes because at some point they no longer support earlier versions. Just prior to many of you complaining about the taptalk problem, I upgraded us to the latest version which was a huge update.
Then, like Nate mentioned, our server, "A Small Orange" was purchased by a company that buys servers and then over time runs them into the ground.
Indeed, our days may be numbered.
My fix is to migrate the entire forum over to a newer server. I have a friend who is in the industry looking into that. I need to find a server that is affordable and reliable. Those two parts do not go together well in this shifty/shady web-based world.
I already spend nearly a grand of my money on this annually and that could go way up. If that happens, I'll either make it a pay-to-use site or close the doors. I'd rather remain as we are, but that may be too much of an ask.
So, I'll try to keep everyone informed if/when we start down the slippery slope, but for now, we are managing it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 04:53:15 PM »
Here are some facts that folks need to remember:
- I nor Don have access to the original HTML files that was used to create this website,

- the hosting platform has been bought out several times since we have been using them and the conglomerates that now own them are slowly making it unfeasible to continue with the current
  platform, causing us to have to migrate to something new in the future,

- this forum is mobile compatible to an extent, but it needs work,

- don and I are doing some work behind the scenes, we will let you know when then time comes,

- kyle had to do some fenagling just to get tap a talk to work to begin with,

- every couple years when tap a talk starts messing with their upgrades and all that crap, these same problems arise, and people start getting boo boo lipped because the garbage app they are
  using is not working correctly and then want to blame the website for something they absolutely have no control over,

- if you are having a problem with tap a talk, YOU need to contact them! The problem is on their end alone!

- don’t believe me? … just do a google search for tap a talk problems and you will have millions of articles on the subject,

- people contacting me with site problems is what I am here for, so if you took my original post personally … then you need to re-evaluate yourself.

So … the bottom line is this, yes I am aware of the tap a talk problem, RM has nothing to do with it or caused/causing it, tap a talk is known to be a schiff app with many problems.

I am guilty of texting Nate, I’m not boo boo lipped even though the post was likely addressed to me and several others texting him. I was not aware of much of the above info. I assumed it was a site issue which it’s not, copy!  :likebutton:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2023, 04:55:09 PM »
And to add some fuel to Nate's fire, the forum I use is called Simple machines. We opened the doors in 2014. Since then, there have been over 20 updates to SM. I have to continue to upload their latest changes because at some point they no longer support earlier versions. Just prior to many of you complaining about the taptalk problem, I upgraded us to the latest version which was a huge update.
Then, like Nate mentioned, our server, "A Small Orange" was purchased by a company that buys servers and then over time runs them into the ground.
My fix is to migrate the entire forum over to a newer server. I have a friend who is in the industry looking into that. I need to find a server that is affordable and reliable. Those two parts do not go together well in this shifty/shady web-based world.
I already spend nearly a grand of my money on this annually and that could go way up. If that happens, I'll either make it a pay-to-use site or close the doors. I'd rather remain as we are, but that may be too much of an ask.
So, I'll try to keep everyone informed if/when we start down the slippery slope, but for now, we are managing it.

Don, if you want I have a server hosting company I’ve used for years and seldom any real issues. I can get you their info if you like.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 07:32:19 AM »
One of the other forums I use disappeared from tap talk a while back. Its not just this one.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 11:18:48 AM »

Don, if you want I have a server hosting company I’ve used for years and seldom any real issues. I can get you their info if you like.
Yes, Shawn, send me the info.
Currently, my friend sets up new websites and forums on eastern European servers. Believe it or not, he has found them to be the most trouble-free.
I'm open to suggestions for this. My aim is to provide a good forum that builds into its members' lives. As for me, I'd like a low cost.
Fair warning folks, I may have to introduce advertising here as the site has grown to the point where we need quite a bit of space. That costs more and more, so I'll be looking to get that paid for somehow, and advertising seems like a smart way of doing it.
Ready to grow, everyone?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2023, 11:37:15 AM »

Yes, Shawn, send me the info.
Currently, my friend sets up new websites and forums on eastern European servers. Believe it or not, he has found them to be the most trouble-free.
I'm open to suggestions for this. My aim is to provide a good forum that builds into its members' lives. As for me, I'd like a low cost.
Fair warning folks, I may have to introduce advertising here as the site has grown to the point where we need quite a bit of space. That costs more and more, so I'll be looking to get that paid for somehow, and advertising seems like a smart way of doing it.
Ready to grow, everyone?

Nate hit me up for it last night and I sent him info on it. I’m ok with advertising as long as Nate’s ugly feet aren’t part of it…..  :tongue:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2023, 12:10:04 PM »
Nate,
If you have a plan or some ideas, let me know. I am working with Jeremy on a whole new setup for us.

His idea is to migrate the entire site in beta mode to another server, then use it a little bit. If it works, then just close the door here on this problematic server.

I am about to talk to some people about the advertising thing.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2023, 12:21:08 PM »
I guess I am not against advertising as long as I am able to move around the forum without being bombarded with pop up adds

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2023, 02:50:46 PM »
I guess I am not against advertising as long as I am able to move around the forum without being bombarded with pop up adds
Well, now that I know that, I'll set it up to bombard just you!!!!! :evil:

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 03:13:37 PM »
Thanks Don, knew I could count on you.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 04:59:26 PM »
Nate,
If you have a plan or some ideas, let me know. I am working with Jeremy on a whole new setup for us.

His idea is to migrate the entire site in beta mode to another server, then use it a little bit. If it works, then just close the door here on this problematic server.

I am about to talk to some people about the advertising thing.

I am also waiting for some feed back from 1 or 2 different folks.

Ill let you know as soon as i hear something.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2023, 07:15:43 PM »
Thanks Don, knew I could count on you.
Anytime!
Here to serve!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2023, 07:18:11 PM »
I guess we are doing this with complete transparency.
J is off looking for that server. I will likely hire him to run the site and keep us free of fleas and bugs.
I am talking to an advertising firm. Seems I should be able to make enough to pay all the site's fees and to J for running it. Heck might even make enough to buy you all a McDonalds small fries and a large quoffee!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2023, 07:20:54 PM »
Oh, and Nate, I did a simple HTML scan of our code and the first thing it showed was on line 57, a problem with tap-talk!!!!

I'm not so good with HTML, so either you or J are going to have to get in there to do coding.

Write it in the base code to introduce problems for anyone with a D-A-V-E in their name...anywhere. Maybe we can run em off!

;-)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2023, 06:28:44 PM »
Thought everything was a bit off the last couple weeks. No post notifications, no H jokes, little posting and my VPN seems to block a lot!

I have no trouble with banner adds down a side, just not pop ups like stated above.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2023, 11:42:34 AM »
Nate submitted a ticket to our hosting company. They responded by loading the newest version of something which apparently has an effect on the ease of applications like Tap Talk connecting with Real Man.
Guys, look at this as growing pains. I am making some big moves behind the scenes. I think that we will look much different and run much better in the months to come, and if it all works, advertising from companies that we like will start to pay for a real Moderator who will both host us and work in the background to fix our issues.
I'm working on it
Thanks to Nate for getting this piece done!
Now, I need some feedback.
Is Tap Talk working any better?

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2023, 11:46:38 AM »
Don’t know as I don’t use it. Looked it over once but it was above my paygrade to set up for my phone. 

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2023, 12:58:36 PM »
Tapatalk is still no go, just double checked it once I got back home Nate….

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2023, 11:36:02 AM »
I continue to work on this Tap Talk problem.

I am talking in the background to a man you all may come to know, Jeremy. He designs websites and is pretty good with that stuff. I spoke to him several times now.

I have a master plan afoot that will ultimately have him hosting and actually moderating in the background as the first paid employee of the forum. I plan to get the funds to pay for all this through advertising. So far I have Randy's worldwide interest along with a host of other companies. My concept here is to try and grab 15-20 companies like shooters suppliers, 4WD parts people, someone like Treger, and the like to have advertising. I even contacted a helicopter firefighting company that my buddy used to run to see if they would like to advertise.

I suspect this is a process that will last months, and probably create some turbulence. But the current web hosting company is not cutting it at all, and they are not getting better.

I'll have to migrate the whole forum over to a new host. That's about the same as lifting up your house and barn and moving it across the state. It is possible, but it will be difficult and take a lot of work.

Men, my goal is to continue to provide a clean place for all of you to fellowship. It will #1 remain a godly place, and even move more in that direction. As the USA and the world move in an opposite direction, I plan to stand fast on the rock who built me. I hope that you all stand fast with me and bring hundreds of friends. Beyond that, I do not know what God will allow me to do here, but if he wants it, he can create it. I will answer that call, and I suspect all/most of you will help me.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2023, 12:11:04 PM »
Note below from the folks supporting our hosting site:

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm Ratish from the Technical Support team writing in response to the ticket regarding the TapaTalk issue and I'll definitely assist you with this.

From the records, I understand that you have given the approval for my test log in. Thank you very much.

I have been able to login to the forum successfully, and I was taken to the subsequent page which had lot of topics listed. The first one was :

Topic: Message to the membership  (Read 8643 times)

Hello and welcome to Real-Man TruckWorks and Survival.com! I hope you find this a healthy place where you will find good information and a positive feeling of encouragement and fellowship. Ah, yes used that church word, fellowship. Well I do that when I refer to hanging out with other people, much the same as we do here.

So, are we fixed? Are you Tap Talk folks able to log on and post again?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2023, 12:37:06 PM »
Ratish, there still seems to be an issue, as these are screenshots from a forum user trying to access the site about 4 minutes before my posting this reply.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2023, 11:34:23 PM »
To be fair it’s not just this forum.  Others are unable to post photos through tapatalk.

The gentleman ChrisW is going to become very tired of my email address in his inbox. I paid for a service from Tapatalk and not being able to use it really chaps my A$&

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2023, 11:48:31 AM »
To be fair it’s not just this forum.  Others are unable to post photos through tapatalk.

The gentleman ChrisW is going to become very tired of my email address in his inbox. I paid for a service from Tapatalk and not being able to use it really chaps my A$&
Excellent! Keep up pestering them.
You can see through the sharing of the work Nate is doing, that we are running into headwinds as well.

So tonight I am having dinner with Jeremy and his wife. He is the man who will hopefully both host and moderate for us.
That involves a complete migration of our site...All dialogue, all the pics, everything.
Then he needs to test it for a day or two. When it becomes available, I plan to share the link with a bunch of you regular posters to test fly.
If/when it works, I will flip the switch.
That is when you will start to see (good) advertising and hopefully the end of the functionality issues.
I am still early in that process. Perhaps tonight will get the process sped up a little.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2023, 04:57:20 PM »
Yeah, and having to turn off the VPN to see or post pics is a real pain.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2023, 10:06:13 PM »
Had a good conversation with J tonight.

He is willing to do this.

Tomorrow he is going to dig into "Simple Machines."

My goal here is not to fix the Tap Talk issue or clean up the site as it si now or try to get A Small Orange to do their job.

I am looking at a fresh launch. Not 100% sure we will continue to use Simple Machines, but maybe anty up for a better running forum. We will ditch the current host who only emails me with more and more excuses and no fixes.

This is going to be a big job and a big deal, and I do not know how long it will take, but J is suggesting first to look over the simple machines which is the actual forum to see if it is good enough to continue with. Next, he will identify a new host. Then he will migrate the whole kit and kabottle over to the new location.
That's when some of you will get the keys to the front door. If it all works in Beta, I will flip the switch and hopefully (Prayerfully) we will simply go forward rebuilt from the inside out.
J will remain as our forum moderator forever and run things from the background. Having worked with him for years and owning at least three other websites that he built, I know his capabilities.
It starts tomorrow. Actually, it already started.
I'll post on the progress made here.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2023, 08:00:17 PM »
We did some work to improve the tap-talk issues. Can some of you verify to see if any problems still exist? If you get any error messages, could you screenshot and share them with me on this thread?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2023, 08:07:36 PM »
Just seems to run slow. Only notified me of your Jeep build, not WDYDT?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2023, 10:28:28 PM »
It appears tapatalk is working for the site

I’ll try a photo as well

Tonight’s dinner for your enjoyment.
Sausage, smoked peppers, onions, mushrooms, jalapeños with some good ol pasta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2023, 10:38:32 PM »
OK, you're fixed...Now do you get notifications of a post on a thread you are following?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2023, 10:55:18 PM »
OK, you're fixed...Now do you get notifications of a post on a thread you are following?
I can’t say I have ever had those turned on to verify that. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2023, 11:11:26 PM »
I use them for every thread I post on. Just got the Jeep build several times. Well, it let me post the pic keeping the VPN on.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 11:12:09 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2023, 10:12:13 AM »
I use them for every thread I post on. Just got the Jeep build several times. Well, it let me post the pic keeping the VPN on.
The techs uploaded a different version of the VPN...I am thinking that was the issue, but time and you all will confirm or deny that.

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2023, 07:36:47 PM »
Today I got notice from several other forums that they are dropping Tapatalk and moving to Fora because of the new owners and terms of service on Taptalk. Will we be staying with Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2023, 07:41:33 PM »
I use express vpn, ready to drop it. I use Duck/Duck anyway but it has to reconnect almost everytime I search.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2023, 08:15:12 PM »
Today I got notice from several other forums that they are dropping Tapatalk and moving to Fora because of the new owners and terms of service on Taptalk. Will we be staying with Tapatalk?

I'm open to suggestions.
Truth is, I really don't get much help with the IT thing. J can't help me often because he is busy and we don't pay anything. So writing TT out of our background and adopting some other platform may be technically challenging for me.
But if TT is going to cause/continue causing problems for us, we can move...Anyone out there know how to do that?

Offline oklawall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2023, 08:14:03 AM »
Does the forum have to pay to use these services like Tapatalk or are the funded by all the ads they display?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2023, 09:54:56 AM »
Does the forum have to pay to use these services like Tapatalk or are the funded by all the ads they display?

It is free to us
I am not getting any money from any advertising they may be presenting.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal