VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Everything Trailer, Camper, or RV related

Don's 2024 Palomino 2902

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
I pulled the trigger and purchased one of the first 2024 Palomino slide-in truck Camper.

We purchased a Back Pack max series HS 2902 unit which features a slide for additional interior space.

Flyin6:
Pictures don't seem to be posting in the correct orientation...Big surprise!

The 2024 unit has converted largely to being solar-powered. It can still be hooked up to shore power, but the frig was changed to a large 11 Cu Ft 12 volt, powered entirely by a 100 Ahr Lithium battery. There is 400 watts of solar panels on the roof charging that. All the lights are LED and the heater, 20,000 BTU is gas and electric. The unit will need shore power of some larger power source to run its AC or microwave, but that's it.

We plan to boondock most of the time in it, especially for this year's Wyoming trip and next year's Alaska expedition.

Flyin6:
The front is LineX coated already with a front window that is crack resistient.

The battery compartment is in the front and two 200 watt solar cells are on the roof.

Flyin6:
I have not taken delivery of this thing yet, that will happen in mid-March, but the salesman was kind enough to send me loads of pics of my actual unit.

The rear has a built-in bumper with storage.

Flyin6:
You enter through a narrow rear door.

My favorite part of the interior is the dual theater reclining seats in the slide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version