Hello Guest

Author Topic: LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4  (Read 172740 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:37:45 PM »
OK, been spending so much time on SquareD that Poor C-Max (Combat max, and yes that's a joke...) has been neglected.

Well, not completely. Recently I had to rebuild the AD165 fuel pump, which I would no longer recommend due to the fact that the motor failed for no good reason in about 35,000 miles!

I had not registered my purchase with AirDog and although I had the receipt, they would not warranty the unit and I paid something short of $300 for new parts. No worries, Fass is out there along with others for my future builds.

With that done, one of the crappy HID headlights burned out, then a second, then a third, and then one of the HID Hella, spots. What did I learn from that? I am done with the HID junk which is mostly awful and cheaply made chinaman junk. The Chinese manufacturers spend more time on packaging and bling than on product quality.

Want another example? I had two of the ball joints wear out in those Cognito control arms, They did not last 40,000 miles! Having discovered the worn ball joints while on the alignment rack we decided to change them on the spot so they did with parts from AutoZone from across the street (Read: Cheap junky Chinese parts!) Well today I was looking at the not quite year old ball joints with maybe 1.000 miles on them and noticed the rubber grease boots are heavily cracked, nearly through at this time, so the ball joints will need replacement again.

Well onto the HID replacement. First the radiator guard, grill, and headlights get pulled
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:48:52 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 06:38:35 PM »
This time I am going to LED bulbs. These are very high powered and run at 6000K

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 06:39:55 PM »
I had to strip out all the old HID wiring which was fun actually, since the LED bulb installation is much cleaner

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 06:41:02 PM »
Then the new bulbs go in and hook to their ignition modules and just like that, you're done!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:08 PM »
And they work!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:43:48 PM »
Next, I applied the "Real Man" decals to get the truck properly branded!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 06:47:25 PM »
Here are some shots of the truck down at the farm "Mall Crawling"

It's off road here, and in low range but really, there was nothing challenging at all about the brief off road venture. But it was fun!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »
Oh, yes...I did paint the Chevy bow tie. But only because it was chipping apart from the inside. It is now a nice shade of O D Green!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
OK, been spending so much time on SquareD that Poor C-Max (Combat max, and yes it's a joke...) has been neglected.

Well, not completely. Recently I had to rebuild the AD165 fuel pump, which I would no longer recommend due to the fact that the motor failed for no good reason in about 35,000 miles!

I had not registered my purchase with AirDog and although I had the receipt, they would not warranty the unit and I paid something short of $300 for new parts. No worries, Fass is out there along with others for my future builds.

With that done, one of the crappy HID headlights burned out, then a second, then a third, and then one of the HID Hella, spots. What did I learn from that? I am done with the HID junk which is mostly awful and cheaply made chinaman junk. The Chinese manufacturers spend more time on packaging and bling than on product quality.

Want another example? I had two of the ball joints wear out in those Cognito control arms, They did not last 40,000 miles! Having discovered the worn ball joints while on the alignment rack we decided to change them on the spot so they did with parts from AutoZone from across the street (Read: Cheap junky Chinese parts!) Well today I was looking at the not quite year old ball joints with maybe 1.000 miles on them and noticed the rubber grease boots are heavily cracked, nearly through at this time, so the ball joints will need replacement again.

Well onto the HID replacement. First the radiator guard, grill, and headlights get pulled

Sorry about the AD Don,  both mine have been bulletproof so far.  I too have had poor results with cheap HIDs.  I paid the extra $$ for the genuine Phillips and have not been dissapointed to date, but I could buy 10 sets of Chinese junk for the one set of Phillips. 

Am digging on the decals for the RMTWS on the CMAX.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 08:01:15 PM »
C-max is alive!?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »
I have been neglecting mine too. Not the driving, but doing!!

I went through a set of hubs and ball joints, but all will be new again when lifted.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 12:00:26 AM »
Yea, I'm itchin' to build a brush guard for the front and a roof rack. I need a place to mount a hi-lift jack, so I'm thinking in front of the radiator where it can shove stuff out of the way. Maybe put a shovel and axe up there too!

Then I have to OD green the bike and bolt up a 40mm pumper carb...Then there's bush hogging down at the farm and the ever present bed cutting-in and mulching...

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 01:32:09 AM »
Curious to hear how you like the LED bulbs for the headlights. I'm in the market for something different for my 13 but don't want to go the hid route with it.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 10:14:55 AM »
Curious to hear how you like the LED bulbs for the headlights. I'm in the market for something different for my 13 but don't want to go the hid route with it.
For the short term usage report, of about a week-10 days, I give them high marks. Having said that, the HID's were outstanding during the same time frame.
I can say that they put out a lot of light. But the real test lies in the reliability. That, of course, will take time...

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 07:08:00 AM »
Glad to see Cmax is alive and don has hurt himself since i was last present. My cognito ball joints also went out but i replaced them with some moog ones  aka "problem solvers" and I've put 3,000 on them with not a sign of damage (just got another alignment before i left and there was zero play). Hows the knee big don?
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 08:12:31 AM »
Glad to see Cmax is alive and don has hurt himself since i was last present. My cognito ball joints also went out but i replaced them with some moog ones  aka "problem solvers" and I've put 3,000 on them with not a sign of damage (just got another alignment before i left and there was zero play). Hows the knee big don?
Hey Bro...Velcro still keeping you busy I see...

I think I'll go to those Moog and get rid of this chinaman junk...Was thinking of wrapping all these defective parts with tannerite. Then place them in the bullseye on a 500-600 meter range I am thinking about down on the farm. Take them out with honor with my M1A NM gun. Springfield bringing it home! Love that gun.

Ah knee...well I had some folks in the church pray over it. Full laying on of hands and all that, and well, I didn't have the 26 Dec surgery and have been working it out...dunno, but it's werkin'
Duane and I were down on the farm a couple days ago scouting it for turkey. Up one hill, down another...next day I definitely knew about it...
No one gets out of life alive...I just drive on and get ready for the next oporder briefing

You be safe!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 04:04:06 AM »
yep, you need somethin up on that roof. It looks bare!!! Maybe an LED light bar or 2 that could be moved to a rack later?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 11:40:52 AM »
yep, you need somethin up on that roof. It looks bare!!! Maybe an LED light bar or 2 that could be moved to a rack later?

Good thing it was bare on Friday or cedar branches would have been brought along for the ride!  The farm road is a little over-grown!

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 07:52:23 AM »
Don where did you order the led lights from. And whats the new verdict now that they have been in for a bit.
-Seth

“Anyone in any walk of life who is content with mediocrity is untrue to himself and to American tradition.”
― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 10:36:09 AM »
Don where did you order the led lights from. And whats the new verdict now that they have been in for a bit.
Well, it hasn't been very long but they are a solid A+ thus far. Lots of light and a hint of blue (6000K) just like the HID's. I like bluish hues because of my NVG night flying days. Less eye strain IMHO.
They have a smallish control box/power supply or whatever that thing is. About 1/4 the bulk and clutter as those junky chinaman HID's

Comment here, anybody notice that the low quality Chinaman junk is actually of an even lower quality these days? Chinaman brake rotors require turning to true them out of the box. Chinaman rubber like my HF air hoses and A-zone ball joints boots fail in about a year as opposed to firestone and Goodyear stuff still good after 10 years. Chinaman electronics are all temporary.

Ya know what my theory is: Our Congress has sent so much manufacturing overseas that very little is made, actually created in the US of A. We just contract the Mexicans and chinamen to build our stuff. Well now that there is actually no real competition from the US, the chinamen can build to whatever quality they want. And they are getting bolder! Hey don't like it?? Well good luck finding it anywhere else.

So we get Dr' Yeng fenders made from foil. We get drill bits sold at Fastenal that won't actually drill through mild steel. We get all manner of automotive parts that sometimes fit, and only work for a fraction of the time we are used to seeing from a good raybestous part!

I'm sick of it...hey let me rant on a bit longer, werkin on my quoffee and I'm fired up. New cars...Anyone besides me think they are all junk and cost way too much? OK, honestly, given the choice of buying a 2015 Duramax Silverado LBZ for 65K and pouring blue juice into the total maze of wiring, hoses, lines, boxes, and plastic parts, or driving a 91 crew cab Silverado with a 12 valve Cummins that is fully restored and knock down beautiful for 29K?

Looking at the Chevy, I'd estimate it has a couple ounces or more of platinum in the converter and Mr. Fusion nuclear reactor mounted in your exhaust. Platinum is around $1200 an ounce. So $2400-$3000 in precious metal there, plus another grand in union fees to manufacture the stuff.
Our 91 sports a simple Diamond 4" system for $500.

Now we need a computer and a myriad of sensors to run the thing, I'm guessing another $3000 worth of union fees and parts cost and about $2 of profit after taxes for the manufacturer.
We're at $5000-$6000 so far

Let's price out the multiple air bags, sensors, wires, and computer. Our Silvy has 2 or is it more? I'd think we're easily talking another $2000-$3000 in parts. $7000-$9000 so far...I continue.
The myriad of wiring amounts to a lot of copper, time in manufacture, health care costs, paying off corrupt Detroit union mobsters and the like. You have $500 extra junk you don't need in there, $7500-9500

We don't need the EGR coolers, piping, ducting, complicated up-pipe, air control valve, or sensors, easily another $3000. $10,500-12,500 so far
The dolled up front end made of Mylar, tinsel, foil and willow branches does nothing except make the truck uglier. Replace it with a 3/16" stamped steel bumper and save $1500, $12000-$14,000
Daylight running lights...yea lights in the day, OK, W H Y? don't need them, savings $300
The electronics, wiring and relay to turn off the headlights when we walk away. Remember to turn the lights off and save another $300   $12,600-$14,600

Eliminate the need for child proof electric windows and the mechanism in the door and reduce the tooling the builder needs and pocket $500! Remove the baby seat tie down apparatus and straps and pocket another $300   $13,400- $15,400
We would remove the CP-4A injection pump and replace it with a Bosch mechanical pump and mechanical injectors and save $3000 and make the vehicle EMP proof and able to refuel at the local McDonalds French fry fryer and put our ideal truck savings at $16,400-$18,400

I think we would not smash up 300 test trucks which are inverted, striking a dihedral wall at a 23.6 degree angle at 44.2MPH. In fact we'd close the doors of that test facility and sell the land to a tobacco farmer who sells his cigarettes to the Muslims and Chinamen to hasten their demise and probably save another $2500 per vehicle in cost. We'd spend $500 of that in installing a bit more steel, just to be sure it's safe and pocket the $2,000. Oh, almost forgot, we could forget sowing the $500K into various politicians in various states who mandate these and other stupid rules just so they can show a job count and get reelected so that they have time to do other crooked deals and fill their bank accounts on their way to an eternity in hell...sorry, drifted there, where were we??
Ah yes, $18,400-$20,400 + a savings of $1000 per vehicle made that we no longer pay to corrupt democrats  We're at $19,400 to $21,400 savings and since we invoked common sense, heck we are really just getting started!

Since we have a vehicle which now weighs half a ton less already and has an old school coal tar burning engine, we now enjoy 20 MPG, a little side bennie that is not reflected but considering an annual usage of 1,000 gallons of fermented dinosaur blood = an annual savings of $750 which is one Briggs and Stratton engine hooked up to something that cuts, pumps, generates or does something else useful that we need, and every year!

Another intrinsic you ask? Sure, insurance. Your company charges a premium for things like those air bags and expensive Mylar and willow branch grills and, well, everything up front, since the current trucks have NO frontal protection. With my 3/16" bumper the Hyundai with the bearded hippie lookin guy who is high on paint thinner fumes who pulled out on you has been shredded, but you require only a mild paint touch up. So your rates are going to come down. And, in my new ideal world, idiots driving 8 year old Hyundai's with beards, wearing red shoes with a COEXIST sticker covering a rust hole are relegated to insignificance since we no longer tolerate nor listen to "stupid."

There will be a whole host of long term benefits as we no longer legislate and change life for everyone just so men can respectfully marry their pet dog in our local church and we don't stop the water supply to 200,000 acres of vital farmland so that we allow some mud-puppy fish to procreate!

Ah I'm drifting again, back to our Chevy.
What if we didn't have to use water based paint and exotic materials to coat our vehicles and just painted them with acrylic enamel? Yep you guessed it $1000 per vehicle savings!
Suppose we didn't need 4 little transmitters in our tires to tell us they aren't flat? Yup $300! and suppose the mirrors didn't auto dim or the doors not lock when we exceeded 5MPH?? Again $500 per unit.

What's that?? $21,200-$23,200 savings per Silvy so far!
I don't need a easy lift tailgate, I'd prefer getting the exercise actually lifting it ($200), and I don't need several zones of temperature control. nope, I only need heat and AC, high and low ($500). I don't need environmentally friendly seat cushions which cost twice what foam rubber costs ($200) Nor do I need any raw fuel injected into my exhaust any longer ($400)
Thus far our theoretical Silverado is priced some $22,500-$24,700 less than the current 8,000 lb unit!

I didn't even mention the gaudy DEF tank that reduces your already low ground clearance and all that business...

Without going further what would you prefer? 65K with Mr. fusion hanging underneath and happy hippies or $40,000 for a well built truck that readily renders all the jap, Korean, and Chinese junk unsafe to operate on American highways?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:31:13 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2015, 11:40:33 AM »
You broke the soapbox,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 11:52:31 AM »
sorry...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2015, 04:29:47 PM »
he may have gotten into a little bit of the home made irish cream
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 04:30:08 PM »
I haven't seen him go off like that in a while

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2015, 06:30:05 PM »
I haven't seen him go off like that in a while
I woke up after dreaming Obama was still the president and still commander in chief of honorable men and women...put me in a foul mood!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2015, 08:23:14 PM »
All is forgiven after foul dreams such as that
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 08:23:26 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Drunksailor

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 06:57:36 AM »
HAHAHA that escalated quickly!
-Seth

― George S. Patton Jr.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2015, 08:32:25 PM »
Well, about time to devote some, well, time to C-Max because of all the work its been doing lately.

I inspected the suspension thoroughly and found the right side (rear) air bag blown out. It looks like it was rubbing on the spring plate and that weak area burst when loaded up past the extreme in the big flex two weekends ago. So that will get replaced. Everything else is looking good.

So first up is a regular oil change. I have been using the same Amsoil since 2012 with maybe 36,000 miles on it. I guess even though the last lab report was good, I am just uncomfortable running it any longer.

Underside looks pretty good still

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2015, 08:34:36 PM »
I drained the big filter but am retaining it for the time being. It is a 50,000 mile change interval item and it was changed once already, so this one should last until the middle of the next presidency!

I did change the main (Smaller) filter though and drained 3.something gallons through the fomoto valve

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2015, 08:36:38 PM »
Next up was the air filter element. It has been in there since 2011 I think and after a quick inspection I decided to pull the next one off the shelf and install it.

The paper S&B did its job so it was really time to dispose of it

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »
The filter sock cleaned up with dish detergent

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »
Out with the old, in with the new.

The paper worked well for the last almost 40,000 miles, now I'll try the oil impregnated cloth media filter

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 09:10:24 PM »
The sock is reused when the filter was reinstalled, but not before I cleaned up this mess inside the air box

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
That all cleaned up nicely

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
I've about had it with technology. The Hella HID lights crapped out after very little use. They were tied to the high beam circuit which I seldom used. But in the long run they proved unreliable, so I decided not to go with anything expensive again. I settled on two 100W Rugged Ridge halogen lights for about a tenth of the price of the over-rated Hellas

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »
Back up to 100% in the illumination category again

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2015, 09:18:16 PM »
After cleaning parts of the truck, I went crazy with the Amber corrosion proofing. I actually sprayed the engine and a lot of the suspension with ti. I also touched over the cadmium plated stuff and the zinc plated stuff as well. Winter salt, of which my truck saw none of this year is really bad stuff. You have to treat things like they are living in a saline marine environment if you expect to keep your possessions for any time

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2015, 09:19:23 PM »
Oh forgot to mention, I went back with Amsoil 15W-40 long life premium oil again

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2015, 10:56:06 PM »
Little TLC on the C-Max is a good thing...

Nice to see it get some love too!
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2015, 08:08:41 AM »
Little TLC on the C-Max is a good thing...

Nice to see it get some love too!

Copy that!

It actually needs some improvements

I need to build some sort of front end brush guard that also incorporates some pioneer tools and a hi-lift jack. Been lucky so far, but with off roading that truck every week now, it's just a matter of time until I'll need some things.

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »
Well, it hasn't been very long but they are a solid A+ thus far. Lots of light and a hint of blue (6000K) just like the HID's. I like bluish hues because of my NVG night flying days. Less eye strain IMHO.
They have a smallish control box/power supply or whatever that thing is. About 1/4 the bulk and clutter as those junky chinaman HID's

Comment here, anybody notice that the low quality Chinaman junk is actually of an even lower quality these days? Chinaman brake rotors require turning to true them out of the box. Chinaman rubber like my HF air hoses and A-zone ball joints boots fail in about a year as opposed to firestone and Goodyear stuff still good after 10 years. Chinaman electronics are all temporary.

-------------------REALLY LONG POST-------------

( I edited down the above post for the reply)

Maybe I missed the response in the post, but I never saw where you got the LED's from....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:34 PM »
Went out for a test drive tonight with the new (Old school) Halogen 100W spots. I wired them so that the high beam circuit activates a relay which slams battery electrons via a 10 gage wire right to those energy sappers.

They are fantastic. W A Y long range and all old school yellow white light confusing the cool blue 6000K LED lows and 60W Halogen high beams. Yep, I'm wasting enough electricity to do some decent welding, but I sure can see down the road! ANd those two lights cost me less than $40!

OldKooT

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 04:51:21 PM »
Don remember the Cibie Oscars? They are on my want list for our Dodge project...I just have to find some old ones. I much prefer the old school lights my self.

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 06:13:38 PM »
Cibies, I had those on an LUV truck mini pickup. Sure worked good.

Some times the tech is to tech.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »
Cibies, I had those on an LUV truck mini pickup. Sure worked good.

Some times the tech is to tech.
Agree!

Why buy a $400 electronic micro chip laser mouse trap when the $1.29 one will get the job done!

I'm feeling the same way about all this modern junk I own. Toureg vs nicely restored Scout. My 4720 Deere vs some old school something with fresh paint

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »
Don remember the Cibie Oscars? They are on my want list for our Dodge project...I just have to find some old ones. I much prefer the old school lights my self.
Remember them, and like them!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
Well the Air Dog 165 has sprung another leak. You know, my long term ownership of this pump filter is that it is not a good unit. THe company also failed to support me when the motor failed in the past. So, I am no longer going to promote Air Dog products.

This thing has sprung leaks several times in the past and the motor failed after a few ten thousand miles of use. Really...a pump unit that costs nearly $600 and the electric motor failed after maybe 30,000 miles! Admittedly, I did not turn in the "Green warranty card" when I should have so they did not honor the warranty and charged me over $250 for parts to repair my unit. That right there should have cooked my goose with regards to this product, but I gave them grace. I had the green card and the sales receipt in my hand while talking to this young guy at Air Dog, but he would not accept it. Thinking back, I should have gone sour on them right there.

But now, with yet another failure of this pump and only a few thousand miles after I rebuilt that unit last winter, well that is it for me, I'm done with them.

You know...the heck with all this technology and air separation mumbo-jumbo. I'm replacing that piece of junk with a simple fuel pump and reengage the factory filter and simplify this elaborate system which doesn't actually work anyway...

I'll post up what I purchase to replace this one, and maybe make it a M1A training aid!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2015, 11:24:24 AM »
Heard good things about these pumps...

https://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=399
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2015, 10:57:03 PM »
Heard good things about these pumps...

https://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=399
Kyle,
those are the pumps I have installed on SquareD and the exact pumps I think I'll order for C-Max

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal