Hello Guest

Author Topic: Crossbread Ram Mount  (Read 3128 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Crossbread Ram Mount
« on: November 18, 2015, 11:44:20 PM »
Any experience with one of these? JK is limited on spots to mount a standard holster for left hand draw. Thinking one of these may help me get it where I need it to be.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/HotcakesStore/ProductViewer/tabid/113/slug/RAM-Flat-Surface-Mount/Default.aspx
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Crossbread Ram Mount
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:15:25 AM »
I would think there has to be a better option.  under the steeringwheel mounted to the knee bolster, or learn to shoot and practice with your weak side hand.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/BLACKHAWK-reg-SERPA-CQC-Concealment-Holster-Left-Hand/751915.uts

I like these serpa holsters bolted to the knee panel
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:16:15 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 12:41:56 AM »
Had a modded fobus paddle holster in my f350 still have it even. I do practice regularly weak hand shooting just not a lot of real estate for either hand. Sit in a jk once & you'll see what I mean. Even thought about mounting it to door panel just hate it being exposed every time I open door. I like the adjustability if this mount just wondered if anyone ever used it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:46:49 AM by stlaser »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 12:51:12 AM »
After looking at that Serpa holster (looks nice btw) it got me thinking I may have an extra drop leg Blackhawk holster w/ snap closure I might be able to mount up above my visor or on overhead roll bar even.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 01:15:56 AM »
I would think an inexpensive plastic or Kydex option would be best down under the wheel, without positive retention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:06:01 AM »
Again no room there, this isn't a full size truck with gobs of room. If I put it there I'll be banging my knees into it & being there is a lack of real estate there drawing it will be complicated. Note: I've mounted them there before in other vehicles & was happy with it so if that was a feasible option it would have been completed couple months ago when I bought this vehicle.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 09:50:52 AM »
why not just keep it on your person?
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »
Currently in the glove box, dropping kids off and picking them up from school etc. Would rather just have it mounted out of sight. Crossbreed has a good rep for iwb holsters and I ran across this on their site. Thought maybe one of you guys had some experience with something like this.

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 08:43:44 AM »
I would never condone civil disobedience. Generally the gun free zone, extends the breadth and width of the campus site along with all school district properties and parking areas. I hate to say it, but leaving it in your car in most instances is no more illegal than carrying it on your person right in to the class room. Does the ram mount lock? In some jurisdictions, if a firearm is not in your physical control, it must be either locked away or unloaded and separate from ammunition. It is sad that only people intent on harm will carry in our schools, but I do not condone civil disobedience.
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
I understand your point & I do not believe it locks. Pretty handy though & bet I could fix that. I think we'll get to a point where civil disobedience is the norm. If governments want to hinder our safety then it is up to us to take charge. Back in Indiana a couple of years ago they changed the laws regarding guns & schools. Prior you were not allowed to have it in your vehicle on school property, then common sense kicked in & said if you keep it in your car & have a ccp you're fine.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 09:00:50 AM »
To add to Shawns comment, in Illinois the same thing applies- perimeter of your vehicle is extension of your personal space with a CC permit, allowing you to exit vehicle and stow sidearm appropriately.  The exclusion is Federal Instillations and the like.  Go figure common sense in Illinois........like hens teeth!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »
Regarding schools here in Colorado, the law states

*places off limits when carrying*

Any property of public school grades kindergarten through 12, unless the firearm remains inside a container in a locked vehicle.

So to me that is a lot of gray area. Locked vehicle is easy & "container" for arguments sake to me means a mounted device the gun is in. Definition of container is "an object that can be used to hold or transport something"
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:45:02 AM by stlaser »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »
Texas allows for locking in glovebox or trunk on no carry zones except for federal locations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal