Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1330169 times)

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6050 on: April 01, 2018, 10:15:48 PM »
They are horrible.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

I'm going to see them this summer up in Cheyenne........  :facepalm:

Frontier days?

Yes sir, going up for the day to check it out then attend that concert in the evening.

Seems like most folks who stop in on frontier days have a pretty good time. It’s convenient you’re pretty close.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: April 02, 2018, 01:20:43 PM »
Same as the 6BT cummins, rock solid!

Got an order going from Amazon, wheel well liners, fender clips and additive.

You know Don, as much as we all here order from Amazon. Could there be a link set up where we buy stuff and RMTW gets a little % from it? Not sure if it works with an LLC vs a charity, but worth a look see??

I was just poking around another forum I am on and they do have an amazon link set up like this.

https://forums.gunhive.com/topic/432/help-support-gunhive-com

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #6052 on: April 02, 2018, 01:42:36 PM »
Same as the 6BT cummins, rock solid!

Got an order going from Amazon, wheel well liners, fender clips and additive.

You know Don, as much as we all here order from Amazon. Could there be a link set up where we buy stuff and RMTW gets a little % from it? Not sure if it works with an LLC vs a charity, but worth a look see??

I was just poking around another forum I am on and they do have an amazon link set up like this.

https://forums.gunhive.com/topic/432/help-support-gunhive-com
That’s a great idea. I’ve used a link from the Jocko Podcast several times ordering from amazon. It’s easy and I know they get a percentage of everything spent as well as some kind of advantage just for the click even if you don’t buy anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:44:51 PM by longball »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: April 02, 2018, 08:46:02 PM »
Forgot to lost this photo of my father in laws can crusher. 
Plus the house we worked on today.  They lost the main garage beams and the whole wall on the other side of the house

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: April 03, 2018, 07:01:02 AM »
What do you mean,”lost”?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: April 03, 2018, 07:41:41 AM »
Apparently last week on the job they had some wind come though why they didn’t have the long back garage wall braced very well. The wind blew the wall down, pulled the two big garage door beams down.   

We spent yesterday rebuilding

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: April 03, 2018, 09:40:24 AM »
And just a ping on your moral compass of the world

This is a person and most of the younger group of persons just like this one. On his way to class that someone paid about $3000 to attend, dressed like this

Your next president? Your next CEO? Your next welfare recipient?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: April 03, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »
Careful Dave, JR might get jealous of that Cally backpack.  :grin:
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: April 03, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
Oh please don’t make the mistake that this person in the photo is me Ken.   

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: April 03, 2018, 03:29:30 PM »
Lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6060 on: April 03, 2018, 03:38:38 PM »
Oh please don’t make the mistake that this person in the photo is me Ken.   

It’s not you Dave?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: April 03, 2018, 04:40:24 PM »
My kid went to school like that once. it poured rain and slush and his moccasin slippers fell apart. Had to walk home in his wet socks. As he started to complain about it, my wife hollered from the back room, "if you were trying to dress like some white trash loser at walmart at 2am, I'd say you got what you were looking for!" We were laughing for a full 5 min while he sulked off to his room. Guess that wasn't the sympathetic response he thought he'd get from his mommy. He no longer wears pajamas in public
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: April 03, 2018, 05:02:51 PM »
With 60 weeks left of work, I started the “purge” tossing stuff from my desk from mid 90’s - came across the funny files and had a few good laughs! 

Now at 7th graders track practice - I think they’re learning the triple jump in the rain!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:05:09 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: April 03, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »
With 60 weeks left of work, I started the “purge” tossing stuff from my desk from mid 90’s - came across the funny files and had a few good laughs! 

Now at 7th graders track practice - I think they’re learning the triple jump in the rain!

So the big question is will you stay there in IL for retirement or relocate somewhere else?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: April 03, 2018, 08:54:24 PM »

So the big question is will you stay there in IL for retirement or relocate somewhere else?

Unfortunately, (unless I win the lottery) my youngest needs to go through High School and my wife needs to finish her final years of teaching to retire - translates to 5 more years shackled to the land of stinkin'.  I will have the freedom to travel around chasing after the dog, visiting Real Men, sampling local cooking and distilled spirits....stuff like that while returning to do household chores, repairs and keeping the home fires burning etc.  Looking towards Missouri when all finally are "free" to roam the country.

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: April 03, 2018, 08:59:55 PM »
Finally got a code reader.....well apparently not as good of one as I had hoped for for a Diesel......and crappy Chinese instructions in English.....punch some buttons and pray......frustrated so "CLEARED CODES" and finally could read the permanent codes (recent codes/pending codes wouldn't read) and this is what I get:

KEN - PLEASE TRANSLATE!

P0420       $07E8 (generic)

Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

I'm guessing the damn particulate filter is finally clogged?  Delete time?  Simple fix?

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: April 03, 2018, 10:18:58 PM »
And just a ping on your moral compass of the world

This is a person and most of the younger group of persons just like this one. On his way to class that someone paid about $3000 to attend, dressed like this

Your next president? Your next CEO? Your next welfare recipient?

Yup, commifornia republic says it all. I cringe every time I see that flag and those words.

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: April 03, 2018, 11:46:54 PM »
I am honestly floored at how many people i see dressed so poorly at higher education, my ten yr old tries to wear basketball short to school like it’s a fashion statement.    Simply put it’s a statement of I don’t care about myself or anyone else is my usual response.  Than a grounding for a week usually follows if he does make it out of the house in them

A co student once explained it to me this way “it’s like the people of Walmart have exploded all over”

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: April 04, 2018, 01:19:10 AM »
Mike , if you haven't done so already I'd hit the freeway and run the piss out of it for about 30 miles and hope for the best... that is, if it hasn't limped yet.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: April 04, 2018, 02:15:55 AM »
Started painting, heading to Reno in the morning with the boys. Daughter landed in Hawaii at 1530, won't be back until Sun.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: April 04, 2018, 07:15:36 AM »
Drive to Dallas for a couple of meetings yesterday and today. Drove the dually. I like it a lot more on the freeway than around town

Hope to toss a pallet of sod in the bed on the way back this afternoon. 

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: April 04, 2018, 07:48:45 AM »
Having a wonderful spring day up in Minnesota today. Negative 3 driving in this morning so if you get too warm TRN just make your Minneapolis trip.  :grin:

I'm sure -3 in April is balmy for Sam but MN sucks in my humble opinion.
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: April 04, 2018, 08:36:54 AM »
Drive to Dallas for a couple of meetings yesterday and today. Drove the dually. I like it a lot more on the freeway than around town

You stopping to have a drink with those 2 dallas boys while your there?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: April 04, 2018, 09:36:08 AM »
Mike , if you haven't done so already I'd hit the freeway and run the piss out of it for about 30 miles and hope for the best... that is, if it hasn't limped yet.

Cleared codes and drove to work today (17 miles) and it's in regen......could it be too much Diesel Kleen?  Considering getting some off the shelf DPF cleaner as I'm supposed to head to Iowa Friday afternoon......considering also laying off ANY additive for awhile too.....considering contacting Canada or some local place off radar to price the Don route too though $ might be an issue.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: April 04, 2018, 10:12:13 AM »
Having a wonderful spring day up in Minnesota today. Negative 3 driving in this morning so if you get too warm TRN just make your Minneapolis trip.  :grin:

I'm sure -3 in April is balmy for Sam but MN sucks in my humble opinion.
Ahh, it’s not balmy anymore. The sun has a lot of power in it these days.
We’ve been floating around zero for lows and 10-15 for highs, but did get a smacking last week down to the -20 25 range.

Heck, I just need three maybe four more weeks of ice, then I’ll be ready for spring.
We’ve still got about three feet of snow in the woods where I was cutting firewood.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:20:24 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6075 on: April 04, 2018, 06:30:05 PM »
I went to H.F. and got spent about $100 and put a tool kit together for my truck.  I kinda like the screw drivers because you can hammer on them, wrench them and the tips are magnetic.

for sockets, I spent a bit more and got a good set of craftsmans (not pictured)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 06:33:34 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: April 04, 2018, 08:19:56 PM »

You stopping to have a drink with those 2 dallas boys while your there?
Negative. But I scored some sod

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: April 04, 2018, 11:49:36 PM »
I went to H.F. and got spent about $100 and put a tool kit together for my truck.  I kinda like the screw drivers because you can hammer on them, wrench them and the tips are magnetic.

Might want to think twice about Craftsman... I’ve heard reports of Sears not honoring the lifetime warranty, plus the condition Sears is in...  Husky or Kobalt are pretty good.

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: April 05, 2018, 12:28:51 AM »

Might want to think twice about Craftsman... I’ve heard reports of Sears not honoring the lifetime warranty, plus the condition Sears is in...  Husky or Kobalt are pretty good.

Ken claimed they gave him issues, however I just took back a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter I blew out using on a 3/8 butterfly impact (I have impact ones it was a dumb mistake on my part) & a 3/8” universal that I had broke. They replaced both with no questions last Saturday.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: April 05, 2018, 08:15:57 AM »

Ken claimed they gave him issues, however I just took back a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter I blew out using on a 3/8 butterfly impact (I have impact ones it was a dumb mistake on my part) & a 3/8” universal that I had broke. They replaced both with no questions last Saturday.

I cant say that i have had a problem with craftsman yet, also nobody makes a set thats as good or can do as much as this one here

https://m.sears.com/craftsman-85pc-universal-max-axess-mts/p-00937698000P?sid=IDx01192011x202447059&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpIbq5I2j2gIVVp7ACh3qOwRFEAQYBSABEgJRU_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CP6zl-mNo9oCFYgYAQodnjkEEQ

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: April 05, 2018, 08:59:27 AM »
Nate, I like that. May have to buy one for Baylee’s Jeep, we need to assemble a tool kit to keep in it.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: April 06, 2018, 01:00:17 AM »
Ready for tin, $1700 worth of tin to be exact.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: April 06, 2018, 01:32:50 AM »
Thats a good price for that set Nate, but having dedicated pieces like that can be good and bad.

Picked up a Leatherman Surge for camping. $110, $21 credit and $20 off $100 with a few points cost me $67 OTD. Saw and cutter have replaceable blades now, plus the phillips can be changed too.

https://www.leatherman.com/surge-830158.html

Also scored a demo maxair piping kit for $70 vs the $170 I just paid. Now I have all the extra pipe and fittings for the cost of a couple fittings. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/emx-pipekit001

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: April 06, 2018, 11:53:57 AM »

Ready for tin, $1700 worth of tin to be exact.

Well worth the shade produced.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: April 06, 2018, 01:15:29 PM »
Especially in AZ!

Ken where did you source the bar joists used to span the columns?

How much where they?

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: April 06, 2018, 02:21:24 PM »
Thats a good price for that set Nate, but having dedicated pieces like that can be good and bad.

?????

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: April 06, 2018, 03:50:07 PM »

?????

Nice tools but you have to use the rachet it comes with for those sockets ( I have a similar setup with through sockets) Being black the grease hides nice!

Anytime you get a set for less than a buck a piece it is a good deal. Looks like you can get in a little tighter with some of those sockets.

Overall, looks like a nice carry setup. I always seem to need one thing I don't have.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:51:35 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: April 06, 2018, 04:26:13 PM »
Good point

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: April 06, 2018, 06:15:50 PM »
Charles, a friend of mine had them in his back yard, left town and I bought them. From an old cotton gin... some are pretty rough,. But 32-36' long

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: April 06, 2018, 06:21:57 PM »
Charles, a friend of mine had them in his back yard, left town and I bought them. From an old cotton gin... some are pretty rough,. But 32-36' long

Is this another bay for more employees?  :popcorn:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6090 on: April 07, 2018, 12:55:09 AM »
Negative. Just more shade from the Az sun. if I could cover the entire acre, I would!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: April 07, 2018, 01:55:08 PM »

Also check commercial recyclers. We have one down in the city, they recycle everything building material wise. The lightweight trusses, to dimensional lumber, doors/windows etc.
I have no idea what to ask google to see if there is something.

When I built my dock, got four of them for cheap, 60-80 bucks a piece.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: April 08, 2018, 12:07:00 AM »
Got the tin on just in time. Supposed to hit 100* by Monday 90s today and I about died

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: April 08, 2018, 08:48:19 AM »
Looks good Ken!  :likebutton:

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6094 on: April 08, 2018, 11:29:11 AM »
Thanks Shawn

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: April 08, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »
When I went to the lower deserts in SoCal it was common to see tin over trailers and small buildings. Getting the direct sun off buildings really works.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: April 08, 2018, 05:31:59 PM »
Watching the Masters with it snowing outside. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: April 08, 2018, 06:04:54 PM »
Golf, where is the finger in throat emoji?

Stupid $$$ for chasing a little white ball.

Almost sounds like old wanna be kids Spending $$$ on trucks to have fun?

:popcorn:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: April 09, 2018, 08:15:37 PM »
Daughter was feeling bad since this morning, had the symptoms for appendicitis. 

Got her in early afternoon and they just confirmed it is appendicitis. Wife just took her in for surgery.

I get to finish dinner, take the boys to scouts then hoping she will be out for a quick visit.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6099 on: April 10, 2018, 12:01:43 AM »
Daughter was feeling bad since this morning, had the symptoms for appendicitis. 

Got her in early afternoon and they just confirmed it is appendicitis. Wife just took her in for surgery.

I get to finish dinner, take the boys to scouts then hoping she will be out for a quick visit.
Prayer sent JR.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal