WEAPONS > Other Weapons

Tannerite

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
So what's the deal with this stuff anyway? Say I want to remove a big tree, can I legally purchase the stuff and blow the tree up?

Does it come in det-cord like configuration where I could cut trees with it?

Sammconn:
It's legally sold in shooting stores.
It's completely harmless until mixed.
No det cord. Shoot it. Center fire rifle.

Now, det cord may be able set it off. Not sure.

This is my buddies video of me killing the old outhouse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ha8jcmLfhI

Hope the link works.

TexasRedNeck:
It's a binary compound legal to transport and store in its component parts. Once mixed it is illegal to transport or store. It can only be ignited by a shockwave produced by a round traveling greater than 2000 fps. Pistol rounds , a hammer, fire, nothing else will set it off. It can be sympathetic detonation with set cord or plastic explosives but then you'd be in trouble anyway.

A gallon jug mixed produces quite the bang. A small(pint?) container is equivalent to a 1/4 stick of dynamite.

You can also make your own with cool packs and aluminum powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 30, 2016, 08:10:55 PM ---Say I want to remove a big tree,

--- End quote ---

You already own a bulldozer and a chainsaw... not like you haven't cleared out trees with that combo before.

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: BobbyB on December 30, 2016, 08:29:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Flyin6 on December 30, 2016, 08:10:55 PM ---Say I want to remove a big tree,

--- End quote ---

You already own a bulldozer and a chainsaw... not like you haven't cleared out trees with that combo before.

--- End quote ---
And Bobby brings a good point.
There are a bunch of failed attempts on YouTube also.
I think to remove trees, you would need an appropriately placed hole to contain the Tannerite.
Something center of mass not on edge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version