WEAPONS > Other Weapons

Knives,Axes,Tomahawks..... oh my!

<< < (2/14) > >>

KensAuto:
Nice collection guys. Benchmade is still on my list of must have's.

Here's my new favorite, and now my EDC. It has one of the best (some argue THE best) stainless blades:

Make: Spyderco
Model: Manix 2
Blade steel: S110V
Blade Length: 3.37" (86 mm)
Cutting Edge: 2.88" (73 mm)
Overall Length: 8.03" (204 mm)
Closed Length: 4.66" (118 mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.125" (3.2 mm)
Weight: 2.9 oz. (82 g)
Handle material: FRN (fiberglass reinforced nylon)

Pros:
#1-If you want to polish a blade with 100k grit diamond dust so you can split hairs, this is the type of steel, and it holds that edge VERY well. I strope this thing about once a week to keep it up, and use it daily. Seems to be pretty tough as well, even though I try not to pry with it, or use it as a screwdriver (very often).
#2-The choils for your thumb and index finger seem to be perfectly placed (for me at least).
#3-The large hole for "flipping" makes it a breeze to open quickly.

Cons:
#1-Even though the handle is really tough (from what I've read), it feels cheap.
#2-It is a bear to sharpen. It came shaving sharp out of the box but I thought I could do
     better. But after making it worse, over a 2 hr period, I kept trying several times after work each night, and eventually pulled it off. (I am no expert by any means, but sharpening this knife sure taught me some things....like the fact that I won't ever let it get completely dull!)
By comparison, the VG-10 blade I resharpened, took about 20 minutes to get it to drop cut paper mache.
#3-Price. These are running about $150 and it appears like they're getting harder to find.

Higher Caliber:
Just wanted to get some pics up. I will outline what we have here this eve-
from left to right, top to bottom

the ranger short stop by Tops Knives
1095 high carbon steel, linen micarta handle 3 1/8" blade
I carry this on my person as an EDC defensive knife horizontally right over my belt buckle. $90.00

The Coye Ridgeback designed by Bill Coye, down the road in Tulsa OK. distributed by Boker.
440C Stainless, milled G10 scales 3 3/8" blade
When I get a good sheath made for it, I may carry it in the same manner as the ranger, the handle is a little more bulky however.  Main reason I bought it was because it looked cool and felt great in the hand. $85

The second two are Boker's but Im honestly not really sure on the specs of them. I have a local store who is close to the boker CEO so all of their discontinued lines wind up on his shelves and its a grand day when he calls me to tell me he has new merch.
I carry one lashed to the shoulder of my swat loadout and the other in the custom leather sheath my dad made on my ankle for duty.

Recon Tanto by Cold Steel
AUS 8A, Kray Ex handle, 7" blade
This is the camping, fishing, garage, do all hack a coconut knife! 70$??

Zero Tolerance 0170
Sandvik 14C28N DLC coated, G10 machined handle, 6.12"
This is lashed to my critical incident response bag and so far it hasn't fallen out or anything so I'd say it's good to go!

:) :) My fav- Boker Orca!
X15T.N, Kray ex handle, 5 1/4" blade.
If you aren't familiar with the steel, it is the same stuff the ball bearings in jet engines are made of I guess, It's damn hard. This is my, I'm feeling chuck norris today, headed to the farm, need to belt a large fixed blade knife!. Its heavy in the handle but hacks well. Speaking of hacking, it has a sharpened edge along the back side of the blade for hacking so youre killing side remains serviceable. However, It is damn hard and takes an edge well and keeps it. Designed and issued for German Special Forces, GSG-9. It's made for land or sea applications. This was another pick me up from the boker guy. They are in the 2-250 range if you can find them. This knife is discontinued but there is a "orca Gen 2" out there. I love this knife btw.

Will get to the folders tomorrow maybe! headed out in the fray gents...

Flyin6:
Nice collection

K-bar look alike. Just watched an old Robert Mitchum movie where he plays a Marine Corporal in WW2. He uses that thing on some Japanese...

I want to say I have one of your lock blades hanging on my vest somewhere...

KensAuto:
I like the ZTs on the bottom....always liked Kershaw.

Higher Caliber:
Not a lookalike... Real k bar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version